Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Useful Distraction
Jan 11, 2006
not a pyramid scheme

BurningBeard posted:

Some introductions and narration between dialog isn't voiced. Is that a bug? The tie was trying to talk to me when I came up with a lovely name for instance and I didn't hear it. Writing about this game makes you sound insane and I love it.

I also encountered an introduction that wasn't voiced. I assume you don't mean the narration in-between dialogue? Those are always silent.

Also in this bit, the narrator called it the Nine Day Government for some reason. And the opening reptilian brain dialogue is the same and still mispronounces "conscience" twice. :argh:

After giving it a few minutes I got used to every skill having the same voice fairly quickly though. I think their reasoning of not having the player be overwhelmed makes sense, especially when there's miltiple skills chiming in and arguing. I do miss Klaasje's old voice actor though, and the Chapo boys.

Edit:

UnknownMercenary posted:

I remember being able to hover over a skill check and seeing what your roll would be for it. Did they remove that?

e: Maybe it's not available in Hardcore mode.

ha I also assumed that was a hardcore mode thing but it looks like it was a bug, it now shows the percentages after installing the latest update. (steam version)

Useful Distraction fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Mar 31, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU