Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Just started out, but the voice actor choices seem *really* solid so far. They all fit what I had in mind, or were better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Instead of going for my 3rd plaxthrough I opted to play it with my girlfriend who's only video games experience is mainling stardew a whole bunch. So far it's been great, the new voices make it easier to play as a couple and her decisions are definitly not the same as mine. She immediately went full crazy feminist on garte and then made a beeline to the wild pines rep, after deciding that the corpse and cuno were annoying. Let's see how she's going to play this, great fun so far.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Man I am falling in love with this game all over again. What impressed me, on top of everything else, is how well crafted the world seems. You really feel like there's a whole *situation* going on outside of martinaise, and I can't wait for a sequel where they explore somewhere else.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I've been bouncing off hard of most games currently, but I got supremely suckered back in by this and I'm just having a great old time replaying this. I already did 2 solid playthroughs and yet I still find so many new things. This might also be the only game I have spontaneous gut laughs with, like, ever. It's just so good.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

GreyjoyBastard posted:

on klaasje chat, i could have sworn there was a third option: cite her and tell her to report to the station on her own recognizance, in the full knowledge that she'll flee and the optimistic hope that if Revachol ever throws off the Moralintern she'll come back

There is, did it just yesterday. You have to go ahead with "I'm going to arrest you" lines until you can ask her if she sees any other options, then she'll suggest it herself. Something like that. Seems to me the best way to go with it, harrier still gets to be a cop, won't have to indirectly kill someone, and klaasje doesn't get assassinated for some industrial espionage.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I've got a question about the armor gauntlets. Appearantly I forgot to get the serial number, and can't get more information on the guy, or find the gauntlets since I can't take the find more armor pieces tast. Is there any way to get the serial or name after you send the boots away?

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Tylana posted:

You seem to be asking two questions.

topic The gauntlets answer Speak to Cuno about the armour, then speak to Call me Manana, then speak to Cindy the Skull. The task you pick should not stop you finding all 4 four pieces

topic serial number answer Can only be found while looking at the boots on the hanging corpse if you have high enough passive checks, IIRC. Could be wrong.

I did speak to cuno and manana, cindy doesn't offer any choices about it though. I think it might be bugged. About the serial number, I assumed it was connected, but maybe not. Shame though, I can't seem to progress

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Tylana posted:

Hmm. I guess whenever I took the task to find one, the first one I found was the one you are looking for. So maybe just RIP you.

Neither are terribly essential or exciting bits of content though, so don't worry.

Hm, too bad. I know, I already did a few playthroughs, I just never had this problem.

Another question to the people who finished the communist vision quest: is there a way to finish the matchbox tower without it collapsing? I have pretty okay stats and relatively high communism levels, but I guess it wasn't enough. Or is it impossible?

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Finished my third plaxthrough, I was pleasantly surprised how many things I forgot about and could experience again. Now I'm finally doing a full Stat "ALL of the content" plaxthrough, slowly. It's great fun but take a long time. The writing is just so good, I wanna see all of it. Only downside so far, can't be officer Cousteau if you don't fail the name check at the beginning.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I finished the game like 3 times so far and it is incredible how the entire thing seems like a prequel to Disco Elysium 2- Jamrock Shuffle or something. There's so much backstory and so much interesting setting teased that I just immediately want to continue playing with harry and kim in jamrock. I really hope they make a direct sequel in a few years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

After finishing an all skills max run half a year ago I'm concidering doing a fourth run through over the winter, the one combi I didn't try yet is drug/alcohol user and fascist. Is this a worthwhile character or is it as depressing and lovely as it feels like? Wondering if theres enough content there to make it worth while.