Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
Hi, I wanted to open up another moderation feedback thread, this time for the Trump thread specifically. I'd just ask in the thread but I wanted to have a place to keep this conversation going to make sure we hit all the different posting shifts.

I've long been giving out sixers for "ramen posting," that is, talking about which ramen you just ate, or which ramen is coming in the mail through Amazon, or which ramen packets you've stapled to your cubicle wall for some reason, etc.

Like the Xinjiang thread, I wanted to know what trump thread posters thought about the concept of probating people for more subjective grievances-- in this instance, posting about ramen.

I hate ramen. I had to eat that poo poo throughout every impoverished period in my life, of which there were a lot. I've had all the bags, all the cups, and all the bowls, and I never want to think of it again.

Tell me what you think! :)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 391 days!
Food posts are really exhausting and wreck otherwise decent threads

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
i'll keep eating that garbage

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

tenderjerk posted:

:smith:

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

tenderjerk posted:

this but the exact opposite

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
C-SPAM needs content.
Ramen posts!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

I think if it's limited to sixers, it's okay. Also there should be a secret word that gets you a sixer that changes every month and we have to figure out what word it is by comparing posts from a bunch of different people who get probed for it. That seems like a fun game to me.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

The Trump thread is basically a general cspam chat thread at this point so I say people should be able to post all the ramen they want, or at least as long as our lord and savior is still stranded on Elba

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

probate off topic posts if they're particularly boring or gross

or derail an on topic discussion, but that rarely happens in the trump thread lately

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

tenderjerk posted:

trumo thread is never decent

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

I think if it's limited to sixers, it's okay. Also there should be a secret word that gets you a sixer that changes every month and we have to figure out what word it is by comparing posts from a bunch of different people who get probed for it. That seems like a fun game to me.

drat that's a good idea

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.
more on topic I do not have any specific ramen hatred but if people aren't making some fancy ramen-based preparation it's just a 30 cent bag of starch and salt, also there are like 8 billion ramen brands so even posts about exotic brands would get kind-of slow after a while

Beryl what's-her-name did a bunch of ramen videos over the past few months, some are kind-of interesting because they're international and informative. But she's a food-tuber so it's sort-of why you go there.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

ban plinkey

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Shin Ramyun is good though op

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

lumpentroll posted:

ban plinkey

Good soup should never be illegal

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Please hand out bans for cum jar posting

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans
ramen rules, eat it, its good for you

drink the broth.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Fellatio del Toro posted:

maybe we just have a combined genocide skepticism/ramen thread

this is a good idea too

e:

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Please hand out bans for cum jar posting

make it the genocide skepticism/ramen/cum jar thread

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Lmao

My reaction to being probed was to laughingly call it an unjust probe in a discord channel and then I proceeded to go about my life for the rest of the 6 hours that saturday. And by that I mean playing video games and occasionally reading the thread.

And then when I could post, I still couldn't resist making a easy joke about it when it was teed up for me even knowing it might have gotten me another probe.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

how can anything be off topic in the thread about a fat game show host that died months ago I think. I’m not checking but that sounds right

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

gently caress you

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
im gonna staple all kinds of food packets to my wall not just ramen

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

I haven't had ramen in decades but daughters A and B always pick up "some" ramen when we go to H-Mart or 99 Ranch, and "some" means several cubic feet

e: point being that it has its supporters, it's like a $50 billion dollar business, something insane like that

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Slumfrog
Feb 14, 2012

BORN TO SLAY
forced to work
i think a true mod does not care for the thoughts of mere posters, a mod is a force unto themself, wielding buttons and bans as they see fit, reshaping threads according to their own ineffable visions of what is right as they turn idle whims into cast iron boundaries around the permissible.The lion does not care what the zebra thinks nor ask the antelope if he may cull the herd, and likewise the mod does not ask, the mod imposes their will, taking down the weak and sick posts without mercy and allowing the strong to prosper and multiply.

but if pressed, yeah ramen chat is annoying to me now. Mostly because i can't eat it anymore and all the happy ramen eating posts inspire a deep envy and festering within my soul. Pizza chat too

emfive however should be allowed to post any and all food related stuff because it's always interesting to read something on a topic from a true devotee of the craft

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

probing for ramen is racist and counterrevolutionary

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

ban everyone who posts about pittsburgh food/wawa/sheetz/all that trash

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Stevie Lee posted:

i'll keep eating that garbage

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

ban everyone who posts about pittsburgh food/wawa/sheetz/all that trash

now we're talking

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

everything comes in cycles

when pittsburgh posting got old, it was probatable for a while, until it aged around to being funny again

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
does this include Italian Ramen like Chef Boyardee?

Slumfrog
Feb 14, 2012

BORN TO SLAY
forced to work

DryGoods posted:

does this include Italian Ramen like Chef Boyardee?

i guess that would be on a case by case basis, probably depending on how many eggs you put in

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

keep the ramen chat to the food thread. or start a ramen thread?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

bedpan posted:

keep the ramen chat to the food thread. or start a ramen thread?

no

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

continue to persecute the ramen posters. drive them into the sea. i don't want to read about a goon managing to combine their two favorite things: food and orientalism

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Flavius Aetass posted:

Hi, I wanted to open up another moderation feedback thread, this time for the Trump thread specifically. I'd just ask in the thread but I wanted to have a place to keep this conversation going to make sure we hit all the different posting shifts.

I've long been giving out sixers for "ramen posting," that is, talking about which ramen you just ate, or which ramen is coming in the mail through Amazon, or which ramen packets you've stapled to your cubicle wall for some reason, etc.

Like the Xinjiang thread, I wanted to know what trump thread posters thought about the concept of probating people for more subjective grievances-- in this instance, posting about ramen.

I hate ramen. I had to eat that poo poo throughout every impoverished period in my life, of which there were a lot. I've had all the bags, all the cups, and all the bowls, and I never want to think of it again.

Tell me what you think! :)

take dishonorable advantage of the truce by probating everyone who spoke in favor of ramen posting in this thread

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

ban everyone who posts about pittsburgh

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

let a hundred ramen packets open, and a hundred spicy levels contend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
what if you take a ramen package, but don't use the noodles? just the seasoning pack and some water for a nice, hot broth on a cold night? i don't think that counts as ramen