Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
even when it would be the smart and canny play with long term benefits for cops, they still don't let white cops serve time. there's no strategy here. chauvin will get off with a slap on the wrist at most because that's how this country works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

even when it would be the smart and canny play with long term benefits for cops, they still don't let white cops serve time. there's no strategy here. chauvin will get off with a slap on the wrist at most because that's how this country works.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

oxsnard posted:

one of the interesting things about the GF murder is that it was universally seen as brutal and wrong, even among most chuds who always defend cops. That changed after it became a BLM thing. The defense would be smart to turn it into just a BLM issue and let the 2-3 blue line chud jurors stonewall

Yeah, which makes it even wierder that the prosecution have decided to make it a BLM thing.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Vitamin P posted:

Yeah, which makes it even wierder that the prosecution have decided to make it a BLM thing.

they're just doing their job of ensuring that the killer cop walks

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Vitamin P posted:

No it makes perfect sense

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Prosectors have a reason to worry about literally being murdered if they actually successfully put a killer cop away.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
aoc will clapback on twitter then vote to keep the concentration camps open

Lightanchor
Nov 2, 2012
I just can't remember a widely publicized trial that had a good result.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Vitamin P posted:

what's weird about that?

prosecutors are cops. cops help out their cop buddies

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Lightanchor posted:

I just can't remember a widely publicized trial that had a good result.

OJ

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

yeah that's a good one. I mean he def is guilty but that was 100% a gently caress the police decision so it's good

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Mozi posted:

i hope a dog goes up to him in the courthouse and bites his dick

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Chauvin’s gonna get like two years and the judge will weep for him and then everyone who testified against him will mysteriously be shot in the mouth and covered in drugs like the kid who testified against the pig in Dallas that murdered her neighbor

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I agree with everything said so far but I do think long term Chauvin walking or getting a bullshit light sentence will probably break a few more zoomer and millennial brains when riots get brutally put down while the establishment dems and Biden pretend that everything is still ok and tell people to go back to brunch

Its just another thing that will add to the underlying tensions of 2020's America. That dam might break in a decade or two, but not at this moment.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
much like fusion power, violent revolt is always 20 years out

Wakko
Jun 9, 2002
Faboo!
oppressed peoples across the nation will spontaneously form a new rainbow coalition, rapidly overthrowing local governments and consolidating across state lines into a unified red army. whites will be hunted for sport within months.

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

The Pussy Boss posted:

If Chauvin walks and there are riots, it might put Biden's "selfless public servant who's saving america with his kindness and bold progressive relief agenda" facade to the test. Because the messaging at first would be "we hear you. we feel your pain" but if poo poo goes down for a week with no signs of stopping? maybe the tone changes and we see the authoritarian crime bill Biden that the media pretends doesn't exist

This won't happen

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Wakko posted:

oppressed peoples across the nation will spontaneously form a new rainbow coalition, rapidly overthrowing local governments and consolidating across state lines into a unified red army. whites will be hunted for sport within months.

:sickos:

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Robo Reagan posted:

aoc will clapback on twitter then vote to keep the concentration camps open

In six months it will be forums illegal to post in c-spam without capitalizing Vote to show your respect for the process

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Prosectors have a reason to worry about literally being murdered if they actually successfully put a killer cop away.

Police departments and police unions have stopped just short of saying that anyone that prosecutes them will end up in a ditch

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

op i think he will moonwalk free

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

Salean posted:

op i think he will moonwalk free

Eyeing that Virginia governorship, clearly

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Hilario Baldness posted:

Police departments and police unions have stopped just short of saying that anyone that prosecutes them will end up in a ditch

People's power to deny reality is staggering. I think it should be clear to any level observer that Canada and the United States are effectively police juntas.

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout
This OP.

Nitevision posted:

I'm looking forward to a sweating oakleys guy who gets up and presses his lips right up against tthe mic and says Your honor it is this jury's opinion that All lives matter and Derek Chauvins life matters to. George Floyd is known to have had a history of etc. while the demons of hell cavort outside

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

on this Easter Sunday let's remember the words of the prophet: the Empire never ended

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Feldegast42 posted:

I agree with everything said so far but I do think long term Chauvin walking or getting a bullshit light sentence will probably break a few more zoomer and millennial brains when riots get brutally put down while the establishment dems and Biden pretend that everything is still ok and tell people to go back to brunch

Its just another thing that will add to the underlying tensions of 2020's America. That dam might break in a decade or two, but not at this moment.

when the riots are brutally put down and biden mouths some platitudes which are then endlessly echoed by the mass media, the libs will believe the platitudes. because that's what they want to believe.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Whole lotta people in this thread about to be outplayed by a brutal system of oppression far more complex than they give it credit for.

How many of them wrote in Kamala Harris

oxsnard posted:

much like fusion power, violent revolt is always 20 years out

And can go way off plan if the dance isn't just right

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I'm hoping that Chauvin gets tossed in Oak Park Heights but if he's let off then the city will burn, and deservedly so.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I went outside and screamed "gently caress this City" really loud a few times when the Breonna Taylor grand jury ended.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

oxsnard posted:

yeah that's a good one. I mean he def is guilty but that was 100% a gently caress the police decision so it's good

Admittedly, LA elite knew that if they didn’t acquit, then they would have to call in the tanks again like last time.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Ardennes posted:

Admittedly, LA elite knew that if they didn’t acquit, then they would have to call in the tanks again like last time.

Lol I was in 8th grade and hella pissed when OJ got off because he was obviously guilty of murder. It wasn't until later that I realized how brilliant the defense was because they managed to get across to the jury that letting OJ off would be a big gently caress you to the LAPD.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
the lapd got caught framing OJ for a murder he committed

Rollie Fingers
Jul 28, 2002

Vomik posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrcd1eRBc3U

From 29 mins onwards this documentary does by far the best job in showing how the police had hosed up evidence gathering and how many different items they planted OJ's blood on after taking a sample from him a few days earlier. A lot of this info was completely new to me. The media did a good job of vilifying the defence team even though all they did was expose LAPD trying to frame a black man for no reason and the LAPD being full of nazis.

"for no reason" I mean they didn't need to frame OJ. He'd have been found guilty. But I suppose at that point planting evidence had just become an automatic thing at the LAPD.

Rollie Fingers has issued a correction as of 13:34 on Apr 5, 2021

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Vomik posted:

can't let a little underlying racism get in the way of things now, can we?

lol chauvin is gonna walk gently caress this country

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Rollie Fingers posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrcd1eRBc3U

From 29 mins onwards this documentary does by far the best job in showing how the police had hosed up evidence gathering and how many different items they planted OJ's blood on after taking a sample from him a few days earlier. A lot of this info was completely new to me. The media did a good job of vilifying the defence team even though all they did was expose LAPD trying to frame a black man for no reason and the LAPD being full of nazis.

"for no reason" I mean they didn't need to frame OJ. He'd have been found guilty. But I suppose at that point planting evidence had just become an automatic thing at the LAPD.

did Bob Kardashian actually steal evidence from OJ's place or was that all bullshit

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

why discuss police corruption when you can, as a nation, make fun of kato? HE HAD TO SLEEP ON A COUCH, heh, feh, big hollywood actor huh? and whats up with this asian judge???

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
most likely scenario: he walks free, whatever protests and/or riots happen are downplayed by the media, condemned by liberals and the Biden administration, Biden says it’s sad but does nothing to stop Minneapolis’s Democrat mayor and Minnesota’s Democrat governor. the other three cops walk free, a bunch of the prosecution are killed in “home robberies.”

second most likely: Chauvin gets a light sentence for just manslaughter that may already be over thanks to time served, extra lols if he gets compensated because his sentence is shorter than what he’s already served. Biden and liberals claim they may not like the sentence but justice has been served. the other three cops walk free, a bunch of the prosecution are killed in “home robberies.” less likely because cops really hate convicting their own

third most likely: Chauvin gets an appropriately heavy sentence, which is then used by the media and liberals to act like BLM has done its job and no longer needs to be so radical, making the phrase complete its transformation from a protest slogan to just a generalized black pride under the status quo slogan. Biden takes credit and his approval ratings continue to climb. the other three cops walk free, a bunch of the prosecution are killed in “home robberies.” way less likely because of the above reasons and also the jury makeup

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

oxsnard posted:

that detective testifying tells me that they're willing to feed this chud to prison for a long rear end time. I think he gets at least 10 in prison and yeah SHM is right that they'll try to say that BLM is no longer needed now since cop racism is over

Yeah, every piece I'm hearing about the trial makes it sound more and more damning for for Chauvin so on the one hand I think the establishment might be wiling to throw him to the wolves to "prove" that BLM accomplished what it set out to do. OTOH it's going to be extremely funny* when they make it as obvious as humanly possible that he's guilty and he still walks and it's going to break so many brains permanently in both directions.

*in a Joker sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 38 hours!
Ultra Carp

Xaris posted:

this

cool zoners will get hyped up that this is the end of capitalism as we know it in 72 hrs and then deflate into a pancake

yeah probably