Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

christmas boots posted:

Yeah, every piece I'm hearing about the trial makes it sound more and more damning for for Chauvin so on the one hand I think the establishment might be wiling to throw him to the wolves to "prove" that BLM accomplished what it set out to do. OTOH it's going to be extremely funny* when they make it as obvious as humanly possible that he's guilty and he still walks and it's going to break so many brains permanently in both directions.

*in a Joker sense

Is Police Chief 'establishment'? Cause I'm liking this guy he's just 2 minutes ago made the point very well that 'an unconscious person is not reasonably a threat'.

That witness period may honestly have just swung the case, the prosecutors have been dogshit so far but that was strong as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Vitamin P posted:

Is Police Chief 'establishment'? Cause I'm liking this guy he's just 2 minutes ago made the point very well that 'an unconscious person is not reasonably a threat'.

That witness period may honestly have just swung the case, the prosecutors have been dogshit so far but that was strong as gently caress.

IIRC Chief is one rank under Deputy Commissioner so to use The Wire (which never mentioned "chief", I think) I think only Burrell and (eventually Rawls and Valcheck) outrank it.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Vomik posted:

the lapd got caught framing OJ for a murder he committed

holy poo poo for some reason I never thought of it like that

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!

Vitamin P posted:

Jury selection isn't a big deal it's normal, what's hosed up is their actions after that. The EMT lady was very obviously put on the stand without being given any guidance.

Edit: or was given guidance actively counter to a successful prosecution against Chauvin being achieved, but that's conspiracy talk and heaven forbid

The only reason they put her on the stand was so they could get her video introduced into evidence. Without her there to say ya that's my video they can't use it.

But ya she was terrible as a witness herself.

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

The Saucer Hovers posted:

why discuss police corruption when you can, as a nation, make fun of kato? HE HAD TO SLEEP ON A COUCH, heh, feh, big hollywood actor huh? and whats up with this asian judge???

I listened to the You're Wrong About series about oj and kato seemed like a really affable himbo and I hope he's doing okay.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Raldikuk posted:

The only reason they put her on the stand was so they could get her video introduced into evidence. Without her there to say ya that's my video they can't use it.

But ya she was terrible as a witness herself.

Okay that makes way more sense, insane that they seem not to have prepped her though and it's a theme, the prosecution called two expert witnesses and for one the defence cross was longer than the direct because the witness was apparently helping the defence more than the prosecution, for the second the defence has literally called the prosecution witness back to be a witness again but for the defence this time.

In terms of winning the trial the big question is 'was it the knee or the drugs that killed Floyd', with a secondary question of the circumstances, and I absolutely get the defence were always going to present the bystanders as being a threatening mob but why bring those people on to try and humanise them/establish that they weren't a threat if you aren't also going to coach them to not give dogshit answers?

Obviously you can't predict a jury but just from the prosecution period Chauvin isn't getting murder, it'll be manslaughter at best.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Chauvin will be convicted, the other three will walk free, and George Floyd's family will be expected to go on TV and talk about how this proves that black lives matter in America so it's time for BLM to dissolve.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

lol you wrote in kamala

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

lol

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Lib and let die posted:

lol you wrote in kamala

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Lib and let die posted:

lol you wrote in kamala

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Lib and let die posted:

lol you wrote in kamala

It's hilarious but also real sad to me that C-SPAM is so mad about a shitpost that told a cop and the DNC to go gently caress themselves.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i don't think anyone called pelosi thanking him for his sacrifice

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Vitamin P posted:

It's looking pretty likely tbh

guess not

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

It's hilarious but also real sad to me that C-SPAM is so mad about a shitpost that told a cop and the DNC to go gently caress themselves.

You know what's real sad?

Casting a protest vote for, of all the options you could cast a protest vote for, Kamala loving Harris lmbo

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

lol, this thread got so owned by spiderhyphenman that now they have to own themselves again over his protest vote

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dustcat posted:

lol, this thread got so owned by spiderhyphenman that now they have to own themselves again over his protest vote

https://twitter.com/dril/status/134787490526658561?s=20

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Dustcat posted:

Gotta say that incorrectly predicting the US justice apparatus to fail to actually produce a just result feels like a pretty small self-own given the track record

Writing in Kamala on the other hand will never stop being funny

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Lib and let die posted:

lol you wrote in kamala

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

Heated Gaming Moment posted:

Bitch will be guilty. Whether he serves 10 years or life will depend on what charge sticks.

:cool:

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

Owned, OP. No offense

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Scapegoat bet wins! Still think it's going to be the bullshit minimum sentence because the judge is poo poo.

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Whole lotta people in this thread about to be outplayed by a brutal system of oppression far more complex than they give it credit for.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
The message of this is if you want any form of justice to be done, you have to raise the stakes high enough that they have to relent.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Lib and let die posted:

lol you wrote in kamala

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
a stunning endorsement of the continuing efficacy of torching a police precinct.

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

you voted for kamala lol

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
that guy didn't actually vote for kamala, right?

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

you voted for kamala lol

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

TenementFunster posted:

Supposedly, yes, SHM wrote in Kamala.

I normally like his posts but thats a pretty sad thing to do, like, literally more pathetic than just voting Biden.

Glad to see Chauvin convicted, but honestly think convicting the other officers would be more important/impactful, and I really doubt that'll happen.

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

TenementFunster posted:

a stunning endorsement of the continuing efficacy of torching a police precinct.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Supposedly, yes, SHM wrote in Kamala.
no way. come on, nobody is that dumb.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

you voted for kamala lol

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

TenementFunster posted:

not in the primary, god no.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Kamalahyphenvoter

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

not in the primary, god no.

this does nothing for your case

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

this does nothing for your case

Kamala Harris would be very upset with how I voted in the 2020 Presidential Election

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
yes I'm sure Kamala would be mad you voted for her

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I mean appeals are still a possibility right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

spacemang_spliff posted:

yes I'm sure Kamala would be mad you voted for her

For an office she wasn't running for? Yes, she would be upset.