Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I'm hoping that Chauvin gets tossed in Oak Park Heights but if he's let off then the city will burn, and deservedly so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Ardennes posted:

Admittedly, LA elite knew that if they didn’t acquit, then they would have to call in the tanks again like last time.

Lol I was in 8th grade and hella pissed when OJ got off because he was obviously guilty of murder. It wasn't until later that I realized how brilliant the defense was because they managed to get across to the jury that letting OJ off would be a big gently caress you to the LAPD.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

TenementFunster posted:

chauvin did kinda get off because he wasn't convicted of first degree murder, which is what any non-cop would be convicted of immediately if they went to trial where the evidence features a video of them in broad daylight choking a handcuffed person for 9 minutes.

I thought murder 1 had to be premeditated?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

TenementFunster posted:

chauvin "meditated" for 8 minutes and 46 seconds

Idk, my law degree is from drunk-watching 90's-era episodes of Law & Order (because Lenny was the only good cop) but I think murder 2 is murder in comission of a felony so the charges feel appropriate.