Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
It's looking pretty likely tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

LionYeti posted:

Big riot gets brutally put down performative democrats will piss and moan but not do anything and our racist crumbling dystopia trundles on.

Yeah that passes the smell test

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

LionYeti posted:

Big riot gets brutally put down performative democrats will piss and moan but not do anything and our racist crumbling dystopia trundles on.

Does the fact that the prosecution seem to be actively throwing the case in favour of creating a media circus factor into that?

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

paul_soccer12 posted:

Hopefully someone shoots him in the back of the head with a gun

Don't know if that's the best of all possible outcomes tbh.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

paul_soccer12 posted:

I'm not going to do it I just think it would be good

sorry if i was unclear, i never for a moment meant to imply you'd have the balls to do that

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Is Zimmerman actually going to gun conventions and signing bags of Skittles for people?

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

HashtagGirlboss posted:

I think it's unlikely he walks free, but if the defense did their job during jury selection he won't be convicted either

The defence are brand-building themselves significantly more than they are trying to actually win the case.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

HashtagGirlboss posted:

I mean they needed to make sure to pick a jury that had the best possible odds of containing at least one boot licking pig worshipper. That’s the entire defense. We have to wait to see if they pulled it off

Jury selection isn't a big deal it's normal, what's hosed up is their actions after that. The EMT lady was very obviously put on the stand without being given any guidance.

Edit: or was given guidance actively counter to a successful prosecution against Chauvin being achieved, but that's conspiracy talk and heaven forbid

Vitamin P has issued a correction as of 23:29 on Apr 2, 2021

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

oxsnard posted:

one of the interesting things about the GF murder is that it was universally seen as brutal and wrong, even among most chuds who always defend cops. That changed after it became a BLM thing. The defense would be smart to turn it into just a BLM issue and let the 2-3 blue line chud jurors stonewall

Yeah, which makes it even wierder that the prosecution have decided to make it a BLM thing.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

christmas boots posted:

Yeah, every piece I'm hearing about the trial makes it sound more and more damning for for Chauvin so on the one hand I think the establishment might be wiling to throw him to the wolves to "prove" that BLM accomplished what it set out to do. OTOH it's going to be extremely funny* when they make it as obvious as humanly possible that he's guilty and he still walks and it's going to break so many brains permanently in both directions.

*in a Joker sense

Is Police Chief 'establishment'? Cause I'm liking this guy he's just 2 minutes ago made the point very well that 'an unconscious person is not reasonably a threat'.

That witness period may honestly have just swung the case, the prosecutors have been dogshit so far but that was strong as gently caress.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Raldikuk posted:

The only reason they put her on the stand was so they could get her video introduced into evidence. Without her there to say ya that's my video they can't use it.

But ya she was terrible as a witness herself.

Okay that makes way more sense, insane that they seem not to have prepped her though and it's a theme, the prosecution called two expert witnesses and for one the defence cross was longer than the direct because the witness was apparently helping the defence more than the prosecution, for the second the defence has literally called the prosecution witness back to be a witness again but for the defence this time.

In terms of winning the trial the big question is 'was it the knee or the drugs that killed Floyd', with a secondary question of the circumstances, and I absolutely get the defence were always going to present the bystanders as being a threatening mob but why bring those people on to try and humanise them/establish that they weren't a threat if you aren't also going to coach them to not give dogshit answers?

Obviously you can't predict a jury but just from the prosecution period Chauvin isn't getting murder, it'll be manslaughter at best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Joan posted:

Owned, OP. No offense

Happy to be owned, it's nice to have a reason to adjust my base cynicism.