Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

mcmagic posted:

There are like "blue line" jurors and jurors who believe that BLM is a marketing ploy. I would say 10% chance he's convicted.

10% is generous imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

even when it would be the smart and canny play with long term benefits for cops, they still don't let white cops serve time. there's no strategy here. chauvin will get off with a slap on the wrist at most because that's how this country works.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Vitamin P posted:

Yeah, which makes it even wierder that the prosecution have decided to make it a BLM thing.

what's weird about that?

prosecutors are cops. cops help out their cop buddies

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Lightanchor posted:

I just can't remember a widely publicized trial that had a good result.

OJ

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Lib and let die posted:

lol you wrote in kamala

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
yes I'm sure Kamala would be mad you voted for her

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Zurtilik posted:

I mean appeals are still a possibility right?

yeah they are but I don't think they'll be successful.

the judge was saying there's "potential" for an appeal because of what Maxine Waters said but there's "potential" appeals for a lot of reasons. I think him getting a lesser sentence is more likely

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
SHM you should have just lied and said you wrote in hillary that would have made your lib family even more mad plus you could have been indignant about being with her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
Kamalahyphenvoter was right, it brings me no pleasure to report this

https://twitter.com/axios/status/1384678521478340609