Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Thank God I've been dying for a L/O thread. Over the last year I binged vanilla, skipping a few episodes a season. What a ride, it was crazy going through twenty years of show in less than a single one.

Probably not bucking any trends here but Lenny and Rey were a great duo but I ended up really liking Lupo and Bernard at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Aw man, I love aftershock. Bonus tiny Jennifer garner appearance. Aside from that episode I think Ramparts (season 9 episode 11) is a personal favorite. There's an amazing line from McCoy's closing speech that just blew me away and still felt relevant today.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Mooseontheloose posted:

I gave up on SVU for a bit after that came back for a bit and have fall off again.

Another really great episode of Law and Order Vanilla is Nullification Season 8 Episode 6. It basically was both talking about the 90s militia movement and all super prescient in 2020!

That's how I felt about Ramparts in season 9. I watched it last summer and McCoy has a great line like "if the police didn't want to get caught doing something illegal, maybe they shouldn't have broken the law!"

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I'm completely blanking on Nicole, had she shown up recently?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Timby posted:

Jamie Gray Hyder and Demore Barnes are exiting SVU following the season premiere.

This sucks. I really liked Kat in the show, would really like to know the reason behind the decision to dump her.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Anyone else having trouble scrubbing that final shot from OC out of their brain?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Don't suppose they'll bring back lupo and Bernard, I really liked their seasons and wish they'd gotten more time.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Double post but haha half a wish granted!

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/law-order-revival-adds-hannibal-star-fan-favorite-detective-returns/

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Yeah it was really refreshing for me, I was getting real worn down by my series binge (even skipping a number of episodes) then the last couple seasons really held strong and it was a delight.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I remember one of the homicide crossovers had Antonio from Chicago fire/pd and I remember thinking surely they couldn't be the same person twenty ish years apart.

Dude aged really well.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Also hating the new theme, but weren't season 19 and 20 a similar (different) take on the original theme?

Edit to say the best version is the early years where the intro took its time.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I think Lenny was the first character who had plot time spent on their history. I love the standard format, but really wish episodes like aftershock weren't just one off's.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Interesting news. When the show posted about renewal on Instagram, I remember he commented something that implied he'd be on board. I know that's not concrete evidence but still kind of surprising.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

How long do you think dick wolf will wait to "ripped from the headlines" this story?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

According to an article I saw today it was made higher up than the showrunner, in order to "keep things current" with the show.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

'Keep things current' means the higher ups found out SVU is trying to pull by having two women over the age of forty.

Even weirder considering they canned Kat a year or two ago.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Is there a given reason why the first half of L&O isn't on peacock? I grabbed season one on amazon because it was really cheap but I'd like to have one place to watch all of it.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Certainly seems like they're at least setting him up for something this season. His daughter has featured twice now I think?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Watch a classic season one OG last night (episode 11) and drat was it good. Some really good speeches sprinkled in it and it really shows how awesome the really early stuff was. The whole season is like 18 bucks on prime too.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Man I am real tired of vanilla's constant habit of motions to suppress something every week.

Also got real worried about detective burn notice but I guess there's still one episode left this season?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

I just assumed it was going to be a separate thing but yeah how does that not come up?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

They spent most of last season expanding his character. He had a teen daughter who factored into a few episodes, I think one or two episodes of an old friend being the bad guy, stuff like that.

I was enjoying him a lot more last season and was hoping he'd be the new lennie, so this sucks.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Watched the premiere for L/O. Was pretty good, if a little over the top with the message.

Although, at the beginning of the episode Tech person finds a camera showing the crazy guy grabbing the coat out of the garbage, but no one suggests going back to see who put the coat in the garbage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Tony Goldwyn is stepping in as the new DA. Looks like he had a role in CI but I'm assuming that was just a different character or something.