Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
OH GOD
This poll is closed.
HOW DID THIS GET IN HERE 19 0.03%
I AM NOT GOOD WITH COMPUTER 42 0.06%
Wait I can edit polls?!?! 5 0.01%
IoC is a nerd 69432 99.91%
Total: 69498 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Its the chat thread, chat about stuff. Idk, I'm not yer loving mom.

I realized I could make my keyboard light up with gulf colors and have rally stripes. Too bad my phone sucks at picking up the orange.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Well I ended the last month strong. I got up on the shed and mounted the solar panel, wired it up. The sun was pretty much down by then so no surprise it was pushing about 0.2 amps but it all worked! Cleaned up my garage too, put up a shelf and put nearly all the tools away. Feels good.

It's almost time to get back to car stuff!

I'm gonna have to break the news to my wife that she's losing her parking place for the season lol

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

Elmnt80 posted:

I realized I could make my keyboard light up with gulf colors and have rally stripes. Too bad my phone sucks at picking up the orange.

See how much oil falls out when you set it to British Racing Green.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Fuuuuck, BRG with gold stripes would be hot too.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Yea 2302, and now the optical drives are turning on but not being recognized, problem for tomorrow.

No new pet pics again this month but I have a drawing I did and a panda to represent how Im feeling every day right now

I do have an appointment on the 12th for my first shot though so that should help

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Got my kitties organized.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

This morning I saw a bright green GT3 RS.

But I was way more jazzed about the dark green Karmann Ghia five minutes later.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Kitty refuses to be in any position but held like a baby.

Other kitty snuggz as hard as possible.

GF's kitty sits on her poop throne and surveys her kingdom.

Took a day of work and went to a distanced/outdoors potluck for my GF's management team and SO's, made 6lbs of Carnitas that I smoked all night and spent all morning braising.

Was upstaged by her boss who made pulled pork from the hog he just slaughtered off his farm.

I did not eat dinner because I am too full of pork.

E: another picture of GF's kitty.

She's so weird, she goes from hiding/being terrified odd everything to the sweetest most outgoing kitty ever on like a monthly basis.

Elviscat fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Apr 1, 2021

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Today I drove from Cleveland to Chicago and back to buy replacement speakers, very happy I scored a Lincoln Continental as a rental. Trunk fits a pair of Quad ESL-63's without even folding down the seats, and the ride is incredible.

I'm not speeding, not driving erratically, using adaptive cruise and generally just being chill. Enjoying a podcast and the cushy floaty Lincoln and wondering if I can justify selling some cars and buying one. The "fun" comes in Indiana, when I see a cop sitting on the side of the road and come out after I pass, and right before the toll entrance. Cop follows me as I choose the fastest lane. Weird, my EZPASS isn't working and it's telling me to take a ticket. Got the ticket, get on the highway, and it's very clear that this cop is following me. At this point, I'm pretty confident I'm going to get lit up, and wondering if I'm going to get interrogated. Officer immediately told me why I was getting pulled over, and said as long as my license was in good shape I'd be let off with a warning, and then asked me to get in the front seat of his car to chat while he's writing up my warning. He starts working out of the drug interdiction playbook, and I can hear a dog shuffling around in the back seat. I've never been brought into a police car for the chat, but can't really say I minded that time. I kind of wonder if it was to see if I freaked out when I heard the dog.

End result is an interesting chat about what police can access when they pull your record, and a police officer that seemed to be mildly disappointed that I wasn't a drug mule. I was nervous, since I knew I wasn't breaking any traffic laws but maaaaay have had a tiny amount of personal greenery and a vape in the glovebox and Indiana aren't exactly friendly about that. Never before have I been so happy to see the Ohio border! I'll have to check my EZPASS account and see what happened, 'cause my EZPASS worked fine to let me out and I still have the paper ticket I took while the cop watched me.

Shame the forum is public, I miss the Slack :wink: It'd be fun to discuss in a bit more detail.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

Heated bed snuggles

'Sorry boss, the cats said I can't work anymore today'

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Elmnt80 posted:

Probably a 2032. You should check and then post about it in the april thread.

So fun fact, any 20xx coin cell will technically work - they should all be 3 volt, they just differ in thickness.

Elmnt80 posted:

And here I am just loving thrilled that I found a wireless Logitech keyboard (K520) at Goodwill for $5 today. Yeah, it was missing the receiver, but it's part of the unifying line, so it's just a matter of running the Logitech software to pair it to my PC (I have 4 or 5 unifying receivers from various mice, including my current mouse).

And it works. So much quieter (and nicer to type on) than my K120. I think the 520 was a ~$50 keyboard new? They also had an illuminated Logitech, but wired (and insanely filthy), when I wanted wireless. Typing on it didn't feel nearly as nice either, in the 5 seconds I tried to type on it. Probably because it was full of :gizz: and chewing tobacco. :barf:

Managed to nab a ~$70 office chair for :10bux:. SO has been bitching about my decade+ old Ikea chair squeaking loudly anytime I so much as breathe, was heading to the Walmart next to Goodwill to get a new chair (the one I got from Goodwill is a Walmart chair that sells for $70-80 depending on store). Figured I'd hit up Goodwill since it's in the same parking lot. Also got a few pairs of shorts (2 pairs of Aramark DHL uniform shorts with a tiny DHL tag that fit really nice, 1 pair of Volcom). They had a SHITLOAD of the DHL shorts for some reason. Pretty sure those belong to Aramark, but Goodwill had easily 20 pairs of them. :shrug:

RIP Paul Walker posted:

End result is an interesting chat about what police can access when they pull your record, and a police officer that seemed to be mildly disappointed that I wasn't a drug mule. I was nervous, since I knew I wasn't breaking any traffic laws but maaaaay have had a tiny amount of personal greenery and a vape in the glovebox and Indiana aren't exactly friendly about that.

Personally I enjoy bullshitting with cops.... when I'm not getting a ticket. It really is interesting to know how much info they can pull up on you, and I've wound up in the front seat a couple of times. The most "interesting" was when I was the only witness to stop for an accident, when I had just turned 18. I was in shorts and a t-shirt and it was pretty drat cold (desert winter), cop brought me into his car to get my statement and cranked the heat up so high that I had to roll the window down.

The other time, I was "detained" for being in a park after hours. I was the only one sober out of our group (4 of us, other 3 were on acid, I was stone cold sober... but had a 10 strip behind my phone battery). I got hauled into the front seat, got a stern talking to about exploring parks in that town while high, they decided I was sober (which I was), basically told me "get the gently caress out of this town, take your friends with you, I don't want to see any of you again tonight". Addison TX is only a little over 4 square miles (but has one really beautiful park, and another park with a cool fountain). We got the hell out of there and I had to basically talk the other 3 down from what almost became a bad trip, once we parked in Dallas.

A cop I called out when the burglar alarm at the leasing office at my old apt complex went semi rear end in a top hat on me. "Did you call? STOP, WHY ARE YOU WALKING AROUND HERE". Uh dude, I live here, I was taking my trash out when you showed up. Yes, I have been drinking... I'm on private property behind the closed gates. OOOOOOH IS THAT A CHEVY INTERCEPTOR? HOW DO YOU LIKE IT? OMG I WANNA DRIVE ONE". Cop was thrown off, but still ripped into me a bit for being intoxicated outside (even though I was behind the gates)... eventually admitting it was the last Chevy the city had, it was heading to auction soon, and that he loving hated it ("fast as hell so long as I don't need to turn... you know we don't have any real highways in town, so it's pretty useless.. the ecoboost Explorers handle better and wind up being faster overall, and they're a lot more reliable"... not word for word, but pretty close)

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Apr 1, 2021

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
It’s April 1st and I’m anxiously awaiting LockPickingLawyer’s annual video.

Not sure if it’s the ‘rona or the fact that it’s Easter but the commercial ones this year have been pretty good.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

I’ve never been pulled into the cop car for a chat but the most Interesting time I’ve been pulled over was also in Indiana.

Flew out to Colorado (that’s the suspicious part) with a buddy to buy an MR2 for him then road trip it back. Temp CO plates. Got about halfway through Indiana, cruise set at 70, when a cop coming the other direction screeches into the turnaround, blasts up behind us and lights us up. We pull over, he approaches my side of the car (passenger), and I roll down my window. He looks in at us and says “ah never mind” and gets back in his car and peels away.

We pull out and literally two miles later another cop sitting in the grass median lights us up. We once again pull over, and another grass-fed Midwestern trooper starts chatting us up about how cool the MR2 is etc etc. and just let’s us go with not even a warning. He screeches away from the stop and immediately lights up another passing motorist.

I’m not being facetious when I say that if we hadn’t been white dudes, I think things would have been very different for us. They were just looking for excuses...

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I got pulled over in Indiana as a fairly young looking not white male driving a new rental minivan. I'm sure the guy thought I was running drugs and was deeply disappointed.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
What up April?

Pregnancy continues. We finally got decent ultrasound images of our tiny human. Gifts continue to pour in; our registry has been picked clean and people are asking for more. My poor wife is really not liking the additional social pressure to share photos and talk on the phone, and she's struggling to deal with all the extra attention. I love it, but she sure doesn't.

Our massive house renovation continues. Our very fancy Kohler toilet has had 2 service calls from the warranty plumbers, who drive 2 hours each way. First time: a cracked water valve body. This time, it was a split water line for the bidet, with several others internally cracked but not split. We've decided (and the repair plumber agrees) that this thing didn't get drained before being shipped from the factory and froze. Estimated wait time for the part? 28 days minimum, probably more like 60. Ffffuck. I finally get it installed and hooked up and the wife loves it and now it's a regular toilet again. I still need to sand and paint the vanity, then replace the door and frame, then finish the last 2 bullnose tiles. Our new floors look amazing, which is nice. We found mold behind the trim in our master, which led me to cut a 3'x5'chunk of wall board out to find that one of our 6-year old windows had failed and leaked at some point. The insulation is out, the wood was dry but had obvious water damage, and we're waiting to hear what the window company is going to do to repair it (and 12 more that have the same problem). I have a feeling I may be getting a lawyer involved. Great.

The great Commonwealth of Massachusetts still can't get enough vaccine. My mom finally got her second dose last week, and she's a pacemaker-having, cancer-treatment-receiving, 69-year-old. Of course, some colleagues got their doses a month ago because they have a tenuous "Navy" connection and someone pulled strings to get them all vaccinated. Our group opens up on the 5th, and I'll be staying up until all hours of the morning to try and register my wife (and me too if I can).

Work is crazy. Busy with several projects and just got confirmation that an overseas order that's been 2 years in the making is moving forward. How the hell am I going to balance all this with a new kid? Only time will tell.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

there's supposedly a bunch of J&J supply rolling in early next week so that should help.

At least here in Michigan, being pregnant gets you on the list already so you might want to look in to that for wife, if you haven't already.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

there's supposedly a bunch of J&J supply rolling in early next week so that should help.

At least here in Michigan, being pregnant gets you on the list already so you might want to look in to that for wife, if you haven't already.

We're hoping to get j&j, and I heard that too. Good news. We've already had loving COVID, so we should have some antibodies already.

And yeah, wife has one pre-existing condition (pregnancy) and I've got one (BMI of 30.1) too. April 5th is when they open up to one pre-existing condition folks. Her doctors suggested waiting until the third trimester if we were worried, but we're gonna get it ASAP. Any appointment is likely a few weeks out anyhow.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Because I'm a contractor and not an employee, I have to wait for open enrollment in my county, despite being in manufacturing. 2 more weeks :sigh:

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

bolind posted:

It’s April 1st and I’m anxiously awaiting LockPickingLawyer’s annual video.

Not sure if it’s the ‘rona or the fact that it’s Easter but the commercial ones this year have been pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-tKnjFwleU

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

I just got a Tdap so have to wait two weeks before getting any other shot, but Washington is going wide availability in ... two weeks. Neat timing.

"Boostrix" sounds like a knockoff wastegate manufacturer or something though.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

His 1-off videos are always fully on point.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

meatpimp posted:

His 1-off videos are always fully on point.

The delivery is what does it. So matter-of-fact and deadpan. I'd need many takes to get through those lines without at least a little inflection messing it up.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

sharkytm posted:

We're hoping to get j&j, and I heard that too. Good news. We've already had loving COVID, so we should have some antibodies already.

And yeah, wife has one pre-existing condition (pregnancy) and I've got one (BMI of 30.1) too. April 5th is when they open up to one pre-existing condition folks. Her doctors suggested waiting until the third trimester if we were worried, but we're gonna get it ASAP. Any appointment is likely a few weeks out anyhow.

ah okay, here in MI we are open to preexisting people (wife has one so she's scheduled), and it's genpop on Monday (me!)

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

sharkytm posted:

I forget when you're due, we're expecting our second at the end of Q2. My wife has had both Pfizer shots and didn't have any issues, having had the second dose mid March.

I insisted on mowing the lawn regularly when our first was born, but the prior owners nurtured the hell out of the lawn and my attempt to go electric wasn't great with the jungle we had. I'll probably mow for a few months and then just hire someone so I have less to worry about. Going to see what else gets deprioritized, since I can't quite have the 3 year old do the lawn.

Good luck with the house, hopefully you can get it back under control soon! :)

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

My 12 year old big male cat has taken to making GBS threads on the floor. Thank god it's not pissing, but taking a dump. Since we have vinyl planking it's an easy clean but obviously not ideal.

I clean the litter daily and change it outright every couple of weeks so it stays fresh. We put another box out for him, although he always goes about 25' from his main box so it's not a distance thing. Use the big costco 50lb boxes (and have for years) so that's stable and hasn't changed. Food hasn't changed.

Took him to the vet and they just :shrug: said he's physically fine. Maybe a bit of arthritis, but nothing that would stop him from the box.

Nothing has changed in the house, we're stable.

I'm taking him to the box after he eats to see if I can get the association going again (I know eating and then crapping afterwards is common), but he is pissing in the box fine so it's not a mobility issue or anything.

Ideas?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Try Cat Attract litter. I (briefly) had a cat (named Karma, natch) that would poo poo right in front of the litter box until I used that.

I did a dumb, you guys may call me Captain Dumbass for at least a few days. Rush hour is rough coming home from work in the morning, so I took one of my usual dirt road detours (several dirt roads run behind my apt complex, from two turnoffs on the highway a block away). Decided to take the more scenic route.... which has deeper ruts, but I've never had an issue before.

There's a lot of dumping out here too, so plenty of pallets, rocks, etc to grab. Even shingles. So plenty of poo poo to try and get unstuck with! Good thing too, because some jackass came through and dug the ruts much deeper!

Yeah no... not going anywhere. :sigh: Thank gently caress I have AAA Plus, they covered the actual truck, and the guy said he'd just bill it to AAA as a regular tow if I tipped him a little cash. Had the driver follow me to an ATM a block away and pulled $60 out. I... hope that was enough, since it was going straight to his pocket instead of to AAA or the tow company.

Definitely broke my transmission mount (which was already in bad shape) from trying to rock it for a good 5 minutes, starter doesn't sound very happy about sitting in mud for a couple of hours either (definitely has a dead short in one spot now), but once I got winched out of that muck I was able to get home. Tow driver was surprised I was even able to start backing up once he got me back a few feet. I don't think the rear LSD is working anymore either, when I was rocking it I noticed only one wheel was spinning (the other was kind of hopping a little?). Probably broke that slamming it between reverse and drive. :downsgun: Good thing LSD was standard on 03-04, and the junkyards have a couple of 04s now.....

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Apr 1, 2021

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Anything change recently at home? When we first went into lockdown we were still living in our old apartment and I set up shop in our spare bedroom where I kept the litter boxes and one or both (never found the culprit) decided they didn’t like the invasion of privacy and took to peeing in the corner of the living room. Took both to the vet and they were both fine otherwise. Problem fixed itself after we moved and they got a whole empty basement of privacy to do their business in.

Hey bike goons, I got a road bike off of BikesDirect a couple of years ago, and I’m looking for some advice on some upgrades. Overall the frame and such is fine for me, but the brakes, shifter levers, and brake levers (especially these) are all pretty crappy. I mainly just want a new barset with sturdier brake levers and shifters on or closer to the handlebars because I hate removing a hand and loving with something down by the headstock to change gears. I also want to replace my wheels with some slightly wider wheels and tires, unless I can just put wider tires on my existing wheels. I’m mechanically inclined but don’t know the first thing about reputable online retailers for parts, or making sure the parts I’m buying are compatible with my bike, and also the bike thread is large and scary :ohdear:

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

T-Square posted:

Anything change recently at home? When we first went into lockdown we were still living in our old apartment and I set up shop in our spare bedroom where I kept the litter boxes and one or both (never found the culprit) decided they didn’t like the invasion of privacy and took to peeing in the corner of the living room. Took both to the vet and they were both fine otherwise. Problem fixed itself after we moved and they got a whole empty basement of privacy to do their business in.

Hey bike goons, I got a road bike off of BikesDirect a couple of years ago, and I’m looking for some advice on some upgrades. Overall the frame and such is fine for me, but the brakes, shifter levers, and brake levers (especially these) are all pretty crappy. I mainly just want a new barset with sturdier brake levers and shifters on or closer to the handlebars because I hate removing a hand and loving with something down by the headstock to change gears. I also want to replace my wheels with some slightly wider wheels and tires, unless I can just put wider tires on my existing wheels. I’m mechanically inclined but don’t know the first thing about reputable online retailers for parts, or making sure the parts I’m buying are compatible with my bike, and also the bike thread is large and scary :ohdear:
Upgrading will likely cost nearly as much as a better-spec'd bike, at least IME. It's more fun, but costs more. Hop on over to the TGO bike thread for recommendations. You can certainly install somewhat wider tires on your existing wheels if you can fit them through the fork stanchions and frame, but if you aren't running tubeless, you might want to upgrade. There are lots of awesome bikegoons who can assist. CT is a huge biker, as are several other AI'rs.

Alarbus posted:

I forget when you're due, we're expecting our second at the end of Q2. My wife has had both Pfizer shots and didn't have any issues, having had the second dose mid March.

I insisted on mowing the lawn regularly when our first was born, but the prior owners nurtured the hell out of the lawn and my attempt to go electric wasn't great with the jungle we had. I'll probably mow for a few months and then just hire someone so I have less to worry about. Going to see what else gets deprioritized, since I can't quite have the 3 year old do the lawn.

Good luck with the house, hopefully you can get it back under control soon! :)
We're due in late June or early July, but early is a strong possibility. We're not worried about the vaccine at all, other than access. I'm glad your wife didn't have any adverse effects, I've got a buddy who got his rear end kicked by Moderna.

Oh, I hired a lawn mowing service years ago. gently caress that noise. Our lawn is pretty beat, and we need some major landscaping done this year. I've got a guy who is going to deal with that this year too. Re-sloping the lawn, re-grading a parking area, removing some trees, and cutting in drains for the gutters are all on the docket for this year.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

ah okay, here in MI we are open to preexisting people (wife has one so she's scheduled), and it's genpop on Monday (me!)
Lucky you. MA has really struggled to roll it out effectively.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

sharkytm posted:

Lucky you. MA has really struggled to roll it out effectively.

Didn't help that the state put together a plan a decade ago to roll out a vaccine in the case of a massive pandemic and Baker just bypassed it entirely.

That said, I'm getting my first dose on Sunday at the Hynes. Pre-regged through here: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/preregister-for-a-covid-19-vaccine-appointment

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

Kilonum posted:

Didn't help that the state put together a plan a decade ago to roll out a vaccine in the case of a massive pandemic and Baker just bypassed it entirely.

That said, I'm getting my first dose on Sunday at the Hynes. Pre-regged through here: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/preregister-for-a-covid-19-vaccine-appointment

CONGRATS! And yeah, Baker screwed the pooch. Let's force everyone to go to one of the giant mass vaccination sites, never mind they can't get there safely, park there, or deal with standing in line for an hour with no bathrooms. SMDH

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yesterday I took payment for a bunch of toys I sold and paid of $2700 of our non house debt. $3000ish to go and the wife can get her new car and then MY TURN.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Got my 2nd pfizer Saturday afternoon. Woke up Sunday with a sore arm, but felt fine. Got stuff done outside until about noon, when I stood up too fast and whoooooaaahhh... I didn't black out, but I got this intense body rush and kind of tunnel vision, like when a psychedelic starts to grab hold of you lol. Time to sit down and drink some water. Felt achey, tired and generally off for about six hours after that, but a stint in the hot tub and a few glasses of wine did the trick. Slept well and woke up good as new. Now I can finally resume licking all the door handles at work like I usually do!

Got both of them through my friend/coworker's wife, who is a pharmacist and called people when they had extras beyond their waitlist. I think she got like five different families/circles including mine vaccinated. I told her that she is a hero, and I'm going to make a banner with her face in a mask that says WE SALUTE YOU AMERICA'S HEROES and hang it on an overpass near her house. She threatened to vandalize it if she saw it, so I'll have to come up with something else.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

STR posted:

And here I am just loving thrilled that I found a wireless Logitech keyboard (K520) at Goodwill for $5 today. Yeah, it was missing the receiver, but it's part of the unifying line, so it's just a matter of running the Logitech software to pair it to my PC (I have 4 or 5 unifying receivers from various mice, including my current mouse).

And it works. So much quieter (and nicer to type on) than my K120. I think the 520 was a ~$50 keyboard new? They also had an illuminated Logitech, but wired (and insanely filthy), when I wanted wireless. Typing on it didn't feel nearly as nice either, in the 5 seconds I tried to type on it. Probably because it was full of :gizz: and chewing tobacco. :barf:

Huh, I happen to be typing on a K520 right now. work keyboard - pretty decent. I have the wired light-up on on my actual desk at work. This one is WFH.
I bought a Logitech wireless "TV" keyboard with built-in trackpad to use with the Xbox/TV, refurbished from Woot. I finally got around to opening it last week, and the batteries were installed, power switch was on, and the transceiver was missing. Of course it was past the 30-day exchange window. It was $20 from Woot. A brand new one was $25. I don't have any spare transceivers - at work we always get mice and KBs back, but no dongle - so I found one on Amazon for $10. Thank god it and the KB worked. Still a bit annoyed at that, and will remember to open immediately next time.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

I got pulled over in Indiana as a fairly young looking not white male driving a new rental minivan. I'm sure the guy thought I was running drugs and was deeply disappointed.

As a (now older) white male, it pains me to read stuff like this, and wonder just how much crap I got away with just because I'm a white male. I mean, it's just a whole 'nother world, and I hate that it's this way.

I lost it at "Le Coq" and it just kept going.
Thanks for that laugh today.

sharkytm posted:

The delivery is what does it. So matter-of-fact and deadpan. I'd need many takes to get through those lines without at least a little inflection messing it up.

STR posted:

Captain Dumbass

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy
Spring has brought our cat a new rival. We'll hear her meowing at him in the morning before we climb out of bed. She does a good job of scaring him off, because when she checks the closet she finds no trace of him.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

Rhyno posted:

Yesterday I took payment for a bunch of toys I sold and paid of $2700 of our non house debt. $3000ish to go and the wife can get her new car and then MY TURN.

Also selling a bunch of my stuff before I move.

If anyone in Georgia needs an almost brand new Maytag washer and dryer or a Roland JD-XI PM me.

I'll probably put some of the stuff on SA Mart too.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

The VA sucks

Just wanted to say that thanks for listening

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Darchangel posted:

Huh, I happen to be typing on a K520 right now. work keyboard - pretty decent. I have the wired light-up on on my actual desk at work. This one is WFH.
I bought a Logitech wireless "TV" keyboard with built-in trackpad to use with the Xbox/TV, refurbished from Woot. I finally got around to opening it last week, and the batteries were installed, power switch was on, and the transceiver was missing. Of course it was past the 30-day exchange window. It was $20 from Woot. A brand new one was $25. I don't have any spare transceivers - at work we always get mice and KBs back, but no dongle - so I found one on Amazon for $10. Thank god it and the KB worked. Still a bit annoyed at that, and will remember to open immediately next time.

I have one of those "TV" keyboards too - that's what I've been using on the garage PC. I loving hate it, but for a PC I don't use much, it works. I have a MK270 set on it now, though. Originally got that because the keyboard promised to be quiet, and my dumbass assumed it would be unifying-compatible. Nope. I wanted a quieter keyboard for my desktop, and an actual mouse for the garage. Perma-linked to the receiver.

I have several Logitech unifying receivers laying around, though shipping probably would have been close to $10 anyway.

I really, really like this K520 vs the K120 I was using. It feels a lot better despite being "shallow", it's a lot quieter, and just has a better feel to it. It has nothing on a proper mechanical keyboard, but it's not bad at all. I don't think I would have dropped $50ish on it new, but this one looks pretty much new - not even any wear on the space bar, has the same lovely batteries Logitech normally includes. Can't bitch for $5.99.

Captain Dumbass posted:

You rang?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Just got a Qnap 4 disk server from auction. 451+ with 8GB RAM and two 4TB WD Red NAS drives. All that was listed was "QNAP cloud backup storage device with cord," but I took a guess from the dust around the drive bays that there would be drives in it. Got lucky, especially with the upgraded RAM that I don't have to deal with now.

But man, that's a pretty serious ecosystem they have there, with what looks like a steep learning curve. I've got it set up and on my network, but kinda lost where to start. Does anyone have any resource suggestions?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Applebees Appetizer posted:

The VA sucks

Just wanted to say that thanks for listening

You are far from the only person I have heard this from. A shame how we treat our veterans. If anyone should get no-questions-asked whatever-you-need healthcare, it should be vets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

A friend of mine didn't bother getting into the VA system when he was discharged from the Marines because he thought he was going to be a video game designer and get good health insurance. That didn't pan out, and he was struggling with Kaiser insurance in California. A couple of us twisted his arm to convince him to at least look into getting into the VA system, and he says it's so much better than Kaiser.

That said, healthcare for veterans should absolutely be significantly easier to access.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)