Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
OH GOD
This poll is closed.
HOW DID THIS GET IN HERE 19 0.03%
I AM NOT GOOD WITH COMPUTER 42 0.06%
Wait I can edit polls?!?! 5 0.01%
IoC is a nerd 69432 99.91%
Total: 69498 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

I am close to going full Conehead and just having all of them crowned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Quiktrip - a gas station/c-store chain based out of Oklahoma, was big in DFW. They've been slowly expanding into Austin (one of the things I really missed about DFW was Quiktrip - they treat their employees very well, and have excellent food for a c-store).

They just opened a location between home and work a few weeks ago. :neckbeard: They serve up pretty drat good food - sandwiches, pizzas made to order, breakfast tacos, etc. Noticed an offer in the QT app for a 16" "breakfast pizza" for $9.99. "Hand-tossed style crust topped with sausage gravy, scrambled egg, breakfast sausage, crispy bacon, and cheddar jack cheese" (you can sub chorizo for the sausage, which I did). Menu here: https://www.quiktrip.com/food/made-fresh-to-order

It's loving tasty. Heart attack tasty. SO does not approve, but agreed it's tasty. I'll probably take the rest to work tonight for some coworkers. When I worked the pizza counter at Whole Foods, we had something pretty similar for breakfast.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Rhyno posted:

I had a cracked tooth for several years and two dentists told me it was fine. My childhood fillings began to degrade when I was in my early 20s and I didn't get them replaced until I was 35.

That was pretty much me and I expect to eventually get root canals in all my molars. Those cracked teeth and degraded fillings is how your roots will (or already are) infected and from then that's all she wrote. The one I got last week was actually through a crown, but the endodontist said it's save-able, just needs a good bonded filling so there's that at least.

I think my #16 was $2000, out of which my insurance covers 80%. Dude was excellent though. Seriously less discomfort than just a cleaning. It was amazing.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

opengl128 posted:

Ugh new Pine Hollow auto diag video has a trump sign clearly visible in the background

I cut him loose when he posted the intragram for Black Rifle Coffee. I don't care how interesting or informative he is. I'm not going to support a white supremacist.

Ed: Oops. That was Eric O. at SMA. If Ivan's gone chud, I have to cut him off, too.

Deteriorata fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Apr 3, 2021

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
my teeth are gradually shifting inward in my tiny jaw so they crowd like gently caress. probably gonna have to get adult braces at some point.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Deteriorata posted:

I cut him loose when he posted the intragram for Black Rifle Coffee. I don't care how interesting or informative he is. I'm not going to support a white supremacist.
drat right.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Eric O is a chud?

Goddamnit.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

RIP Paul Walker posted:

Eric O is a chud?

Goddamnit.

He's a Baptist and a gun nut. Makes lots of snide remarks about "The Peoples' Republic of New York" and other such conservative dog whistles. It wasn't hard to figure out.

He generally keeps his politics out of his car stuff, which is fine. Then he posted an Instagram with a picture of Black Rifle Coffee, captioned "America." That was it for me.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Got a text from work. "One of your coworkers has tested positive for COVID-19, and you are considered to be a close contact". We were on the same aisle the last night he worked, and weren't doing masks, since we were so far apart. I wasn't sure who it was until I asked a night lead if it was related to "Ben". He said he doesn't know for sure, except "Ben" is out for at least 2 weeks, and is not allowed in the store (even to shop) without a temperature check.... so it's pretty likely he's the one on the COVID chart at work (they don't put names, or even departments, just when someone last tested positive and the last day they worked).

So now I get to get tested.... again. :sigh: I'm fully vaccinated, and it'd been right at 2.5 weeks since my 2nd dose when we last worked together, so in theory I should be okay, though I've had an annoying cough for a couple of days. No other symptoms, and it's only a bit worse than the cough I get from seasonal allergies. Guess we'll see on Monday or Tuesday. I'm not allowed back to work until I can produce a negative test result (though I'll be paid for scheduled hours until then).

Woulda been nice if they told me before today. Dude's been out for a week.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Apr 3, 2021

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Coredump posted:

They are very welcoming in the bike thread but in the meantime is this a flatbar or dropbar bichael?

It’s a drop bar bike, I realized I’m dumb and don’t actually have to replace the entire bar set and can just get a combo brake set with shifters but I don’t know how to figure out what will be compatible with it because honestly I don’t know what any of the gear set stuff is called or what my bike is equipped with :shobon:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Deteriorata posted:

He's a Baptist and a gun nut. Makes lots of snide remarks about "The Peoples' Republic of New York" and other such conservative dog whistles. It wasn't hard to figure out.

He generally keeps his politics out of his car stuff, which is fine. Then he posted an Instagram with a picture of Black Rifle Coffee, captioned "America." That was it for me.

Goddammit, why you guys gotta tell me that Santa Claus is a bad person like this, twice in a day no less?

I don't NEED them, and am lucky to be able to say that, but their videos were entertaining.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

RIP Paul Walker posted:

Eric O is a chud?

Goddamnit.

I didn't know that either until now, I haven't watched him in years but I respected his work. He can go gently caress himself now.

The only car content I still watch is Hoonigan. They're the only only ones that still consistently wear masks. Roadkill made a recent video going to Cleetuses track so they're sinking fast in my respect column. Oh yea please tell me Deboss is ok, I haven't noticed any dog whistle stuff yet but I only follow him on yt and the other social media is usually where you find the chudery. I'm down to Hoonigan and Deboss for car stuff.

Been getting really into 8 Bit Guy, LGR and Adrian's Digital Basement recently. I really like Technology Connections as well, I do follow him on Twitter and hes surely a good one.

I used to watch Boosted Bois as well but they're in with Cleetus as well so gently caress them. I think Brent is probably a good guy but he's best buds with BB so it's a shame.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

Next you will be telling me Vice Grip Garage is a front for the KKK and Junkyard Digs committed war crimes while in deployment :(

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

I mean, I wouldn’t bet against it.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

shy boy from chess club posted:

I didn't know that either until now, I haven't watched him in years but I respected his work. He can go gently caress himself now.

The only car content I still watch is Hoonigan. They're the only only ones that still consistently wear masks. Roadkill made a recent video going to Cleetuses track so they're sinking fast in my respect column. Oh yea please tell me Deboss is ok, I haven't noticed any dog whistle stuff yet but I only follow him on yt and the other social media is usually where you find the chudery. I'm down to Hoonigan and Deboss for car stuff.

Been getting really into 8 Bit Guy, LGR and Adrian's Digital Basement recently. I really like Technology Connections as well, I do follow him on Twitter and hes surely a good one.

I used to watch Boosted Bois as well but they're in with Cleetus as well so gently caress them. I think Brent is probably a good guy but he's best buds with BB so it's a shame.

While I wonder about Block sometimes, it seems like the media/merch arm of hoonigan that runs their youtube channel are a good bunch.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I've not really had to mess around with this stuff but what's the best obd2 scanner phone app these days? Has to do euro stuff like Peugeot specifically. Does any obd2 socket dongle work or are they proprietary to the app? Thank you ai chat thread friends

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

How many of these people are chuds vs. being ignorant while enjoying chud-like hoonery? I know it’s a fine line and doesn’t matter in the end but I need to know.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

T-Square posted:

It’s a drop bar bike, I realized I’m dumb and don’t actually have to replace the entire bar set and can just get a combo brake set with shifters but I don’t know how to figure out what will be compatible with it because honestly I don’t know what any of the gear set stuff is called or what my bike is equipped with :shobon:

What does the rear derailleur say on it and how many gears are on the rear cassette.
Also, what kind of brakes?

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

I have bad news for you re: 8 bit guy

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

fridge corn posted:

I've not really had to mess around with this stuff but what's the best obd2 scanner phone app these days? Has to do euro stuff like Peugeot specifically. Does any obd2 socket dongle work or are they proprietary to the app? Thank you ai chat thread friends

I've got this one and I love it. I actually have two because I lost one by leaving it in the glove box. I has so much neat stuff besides normal code reading. A dash you can set up to watch whatever 6 things it can read, data logging and a performance meter. Oh yea and can tell if the monitors have passed their checks.

You can change the gauges to whatever style you want too, there's a sample of like each kind here. Analog, digital, etc. And change the way each one looks as well.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

opengl128 posted:

Nooooo, I was going to buy 2 of his games too. Oh well I've watched all his videos anyway and Adrian goes way deeper into how things work than Dave does and that's more what I'm looking for.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Deteriorata posted:

Ed: Oops. That was Eric O. at SMA. If Ivan's gone chud, I have to cut him off, too.

Yeah the Eric O thing really bummed me out but I wasn't as surprised. What gets me is these guys are clearly intelligent and amazing at diag work and yet...brain worms I guess. It sucks.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

opengl128 posted:

Yeah the Eric O thing really bummed me out but I wasn't as surprised. What gets me is these guys are clearly intelligent and amazing at diag work and yet...brain worms I guess. It sucks.

There are so many in this country with brain worms not because they are dumb, but because large areas of the country are enormous echo chambers. And it's a self-perpetuating thing because the Rights war against intellectualism has been hugely successful. College has become much more expensive and people that think outside of the sanction world view are scorned.

I saw this just today from a guy I went to high school with. High School in Indiana. He lives in Florida now.

quote:

We’re gonna try this 1 more time for the Leftest out there That just don’t get it. I don’t give a drat if your white,black,grey,green or tan. This statement I copied to me as I take it says our borders are open for all to enter for free whatever all the while we can’t even take care or our own homeless Vets, children, single moms and the list continues. If you have a problem with what I’ve posted then my point got across. You want to make a lovely comment then my post hits home. Last I knew your free to leave this country

This morning I went to sign my dogs up for welfare. At first the lady said, "Dogs are not eligible to draw welfare." So I explained to her that my dogs are mixed in color, unemployed, lazy, can't speak English and have no frigging clue who their Daddy's are. They expect me to feed them, provide them with housing and medical care. So she looked in her policy book to see what it takes to qualify. My dogs get their first checks Friday.
drat, this is a great country.

He's not dumb, but he's bought into the "othering" we do in this country so hard that he doesn't recognize he's othering. I wish I had the time to research all the gloom and doom poo poo that was said about the Irish in the early 20th century... they were flooding our country and going to destroy our way of life. Same thing with the Italians, and the Polish, and... on and on.

You know what? It's a big country, we have plenty of room and people working and building cannot hurt us.

But making believe that they are "bad" people that are lazy and want to mooch off us hard workers can hurt all of us.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

STR posted:

Quiktrip "breakfast pizza"

I loving love that stuff, though I usually just get it a slice at a time. Delicious and horrible for you.

Rented a 26' UHaul and did the majority of the move. Glad I got a truck that big but holy gently caress it was awful to drive. Brakes, throttle, and steering were all only vague suggestions on a 77k mile F650 with the V10.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

I'm struggling a bit with hoonigan. I like them but it feels like only about 10% of each video they make is actual content and the rest is the same old skids and 'cool' video editing.

There has been a lot of overlap recently with roadkill/Finnegan and Cleetus and it makes me a little bit sad too.

Don't loose faith though - there is still a shitload of other decent youtubes car stuff going on and plenty of people who refreshingly seem to have nothing to do with Cleetus.

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.

Oh yea please tell me Deboss is ok, I haven't noticed any dog whistle stuff yet but I only follow him on yt and the other social media is usually where you find the chudery. I'm down to Hoonigan and Deboss for car stuff.

I really hope that Deboss Garage isn't a wanker.

I watch quite a bit of Farmtube, you might all enjoy Welker Farms (check out their Big Bud tractors) and Laura Farms (videoing her first full year of farming). They seem good.

meltie fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Apr 3, 2021

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

All of my hobbies are so chud filled that I just assume I'm going to run across them regularly. I try not giving any of them money if I can at all avoid it, but it still sucks. :(

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

I don’t watch anything with Cleetus as he is annoying with a bad gimmick and him being on other things I watch is very annoying when it is just him doing his one bit. That and hiding injuries to participants in his events.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

opengl128 posted:

What about him? He seems so nerdy and genuine. I know he's from Texas but that doesn't mean much.

I also like the technology connections guy.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

slidebite posted:

What about him? He seems so nerdy and genuine. I know he's from Texas but that doesn't mean much.

I also like the technology connections guy.

It came out that he's one of those open carry guys who wears a rifle into stores just to rile people up.

https://twitter.com/compgeke/status/1309634616127418369

https://www.vice.com/en/article/889zga/8-bit-guy-ibm-7496-executive-workstation-computer-reset?utm_source=reddit.com

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

There was also the time he had his 14-year-old daughter's best friend be a model for something and spent an awful lot of time focused on her and her appearance in the voiceover

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

meatpimp posted:

There are so many in this country with brain worms not because they are dumb, but because large areas of the country are enormous echo chambers. And it's a self-perpetuating thing because the Rights war against intellectualism has been hugely successful. College has become much more expensive and people that think outside of the sanction world view are scorned.

I saw this just today from a guy I went to high school with. High School in Indiana. He lives in Florida now.

He's not dumb, but he's bought into the "othering" we do in this country so hard that he doesn't recognize he's othering. I wish I had the time to research all the gloom and doom poo poo that was said about the Irish in the early 20th century... they were flooding our country and going to destroy our way of life. Same thing with the Italians, and the Polish, and... on and on.

You know what? It's a big country, we have plenty of room and people working and building cannot hurt us.

But making believe that they are "bad" people that are lazy and want to mooch off us hard workers can hurt all of us.

Based on what he posted it seems like you could almost tip him over to a reasonable position.

Yeah you're right we should take care of our vets and homeless, single moms etc. Lets get together and write our congress people to do such a thing. So let's see vets, single mothers, children, single dads obviously cause dudes rock, let's get them free Healthcare and raise their wages. Let the economy grow, oh poo poo we need workers too and you know farmers really like migrant workers (and we love our farmers don't we) so let's expand the visa program and make it easier so we can get cheaper food.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I hope nobody here was still a fan of Ben Heck.

Keyboard chat: I put together a GMMK full size with Kailth Box Jade switches. That was fun. Looking into a 65% keyboard now.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

nm posted:

What does the rear derailleur say on it and how many gears are on the rear cassette.
Also, what kind of brakes?

Thanks, looks like Shimano Tourney 7-speed. Nothing special on the brakes, just regular mechanical shoes.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

T-Square posted:

Thanks, looks like Shimano Tourney 7-speed. Nothing special on the brakes, just regular mechanical shoes.

You just need any shimano 7-speed shifter then.
Brakes only matter because if they're v-brakes, regular road levers won't work without an adaptor thingy.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I mainly watch a bunch of makers and they mainly seem pretty nice people. Just no one tell me Allen Millard, aging wheels or mustie1 are chuds please.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

cakesmith handyman posted:

I mainly watch a bunch of makers and they mainly seem pretty nice people. Just no one tell me Allen Millard, aging wheels or mustie1 are chuds please.

Mustie1 sort of is. He posted a comment pointing people to a terrible YouTube video about the "stolen" election and all the supposed fraudulent votes shortly after the election. The replies were mostly a chorus of "shut up and stick to wrenching" and it disappeared after about a week.

My suspicion is that he's just not really politically aware and got sucked up in some Facebook chain of posts. He doesn't make many comments on camera, anyway, so I've let it slide for now.

Generally, I don't care about the politics of makers or mechanics unless they make an issue of it.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I have no problem with guns, but I do have problems with people that think open carrying your rifle is smart and just do it to purposely provoke a reaction. That's idiocy.

I may be wrong, but he doesn't exactly exude physical confidence, knowledge of self defense or how to handle himself.

That's too bad. I'll probably still watch his videos but it is disappointing he's a moron.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

STR posted:

Quiktrip - a gas station/c-store chain based out of Oklahoma, was big in DFW. They've been slowly expanding into Austin (one of the things I really missed about DFW was Quiktrip - they treat their employees very well, and have excellent food for a c-store).

They just opened a location between home and work a few weeks ago. :neckbeard: They serve up pretty drat good food - sandwiches, pizzas made to order, breakfast tacos, etc. Noticed an offer in the QT app for a 16" "breakfast pizza" for $9.99. "Hand-tossed style crust topped with sausage gravy, scrambled egg, breakfast sausage, crispy bacon, and cheddar jack cheese" (you can sub chorizo for the sausage, which I did). Menu here: https://www.quiktrip.com/food/made-fresh-to-order

It's loving tasty. Heart attack tasty. SO does not approve, but agreed it's tasty. I'll probably take the rest to work tonight for some coworkers. When I worked the pizza counter at Whole Foods, we had something pretty similar for breakfast.

Quicktrip is huge in atlanta. I grew up next door to one and I’ve had pretty much everything they have to eat.

Not going to eat it anymore bc I feel like poo poo after one slice of that stuff but yeah a huge guilty pleasure for me.

slidebite posted:

I have no problem with guns, but I do have problems with people that think open carrying your rifle is smart and just do it to purposely provoke a reaction. That's idiocy.

I may be wrong, but he doesn't exactly exude physical confidence, knowledge of self defense or how to handle himself.

That's too bad. I'll probably still watch his videos but it is disappointing he's a moron.

I never liked him bc he’s gently caress ugly and knows nothing about audio equipment. He also flat fingers the keyboard which annoys me.

The ugly thing isn’t fair but like drat he really is hard to look at you know?

CerealKilla420 fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Apr 4, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Square
May 14, 2009

nm posted:

You just need any shimano 7-speed shifter then.
Brakes only matter because if they're v-brakes, regular road levers won't work without an adaptor thingy.

Thanks! My vaccinated pals are itching to get back in shape and we’re organizing a weekly ride together and I’m looking forward to getting more use out of this thing.

slidebite posted:

Yeah, at this point if I see someone open carrying somewhere, I’m turning around and going somewhere else. The second we decided COVID was over in the US, shootings started happening again. If I see someone with an AR draped off of their back, odds are they’re some 2A rear end in a top hat, but I’m going to assume that they are a potential shooter threat and GTFO.