Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Question.
This poll is closed.
Yes. 76 50.67%
No. 74 49.33%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

You've never seen crossfitters do "kipping pullups" I take it? It's a whole thing.

My wife is a crossfit competitor / coach (was really). It's bananas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

stealie72 posted:

What the gently caress did I just watch, other than some moron throwing weights and swinging herself around.

That's all it was.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

My wife did the crossfit gig for a while then just got into competitive Olympic lifting from there as I think she started to see the lack of consistent coaching / form building routines piling up injuries for her and her friends etc. She still won't admit its pretty crap for long term ortho health though.

I couldn't really get much traction arguing against it because I played rugby for nearly 20 yrs so all of my joints are hosed anyways.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Defenestrategy posted:

Is this the one where even their own family ran ad's for his opponent saying the dude was dicks and not to vote for him.

No that was an older dude out in a Southwest state if I remember correctly

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

Was the guy whose dad said his life was hell the bad matt or the good matt.

The good Matt

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

shame on an IGA posted:

:ducksiren: The Postal Inspection Service has a piece of this case :ducksiren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ykAXB3JFy4

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

:smith:

https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1378036532293013505

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

https://twitter.com/stephensemler/status/1378104678328713218?s=20

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

https://twitter.com/merrilymaralie/status/1378524692957556736?s=20

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Funny that if it's clerical poo poo the police who have insane budgets vs education get it vs schools.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

bulletsponge13 posted:

I will pay to use that toilet.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

https://twitter.com/DWUhlfelderLaw/status/1379395445299019782

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

National Review getting back to their roots.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/04/why-not-fewer-voters/

quote:

Much of the discussion about proposed changes to voting laws backed by many Republicans and generally opposed by Democrats begs the question and simply asserts that having more people vote is, ceteris paribus, a good thing.

Why should we believe that?

Why shouldn’t we believe the opposite? That the republic would be better served by having fewer — but better — voters?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Internet Wizard posted:

Alex Jones is trending on twitter right now because apparently he just happened to see some child smugglers loading up a van in downtown across the street from Alex and an entire camera crew.

Remember when there was an Arizona congressman who did something like this and they followed the van taping it, he was saying he could "see the fear in the kids eyes" and then the van let the kids out at a local school.

This was 5-10 yrs ago

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/1379770512751144979?s=20

https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/1379770870458167298?s=20

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

I'm only annoyed by it because I live in a non-Form 1 state and cannot ever have an SBR or silencer of any kind so an AR pistol was the only thing close.

That and it prohibits something responsible for less than 1% of firearm homicides that is extremely widely owned and popular. Dumb performative poo poo.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

You want a straight man comic not a goof. Put Leslie Nielsen in there.

Good call.

Bit of a reach but I could see someone like Michael Dorman (lead in Patriot) doing it or Channing Tatum for more current people.

Murray is def overrated but Groundhog Day and Scrooged were definitely good on him and I couldn't see someone else pulling it off there.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

DMX and Prince Phillip both died again on the same day.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Authority figure molesters being covered for is a Boston pastime

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

US, Israel, Saudi Arabia. Pick 2?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Terrifying Effigies posted:

Lol if you think the Saudis have the competency to do more than blow up some school buses and eat one-way drones.

Eh, I bet they could be capable enough to get a janitor in there to turn off the breakers at the right time at the least. Not at like... stuxnet 2 or anything tho.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Lmao

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

This is hilarious as yesterday I got told in CSPAM that if I thought Greenwald was poo poo I was a supporter of the CIA and their regime changes.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Yeah I can't read cspam anymore, the lalala stalin-maoists dominate to much

Yeah even my SRA chapter is considering telling some of the Maoists to just gently caress off.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

fknlo posted:

drat, cspam has changed since I backed off politics a bit after the election. Glem used to get mocked relentlessly for being an idiot.

It seems he does but I guess there's 2 camps on it.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Tulsa PD had a shooting a couple years back that was kinda same deal. Old cop grabbed gun instead of tazer and shot the victim in the back on the ground

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Iirc that guy was an auxiliary because he was so loving ancient.

Ah yep.

quote:

The 2015 shooting of Eric Harris occurred on April 2, 2015, when 44-year-old African-American Eric Courtney Harris was fatally shot during an undercover sting in Tulsa, Oklahoma,[1] as Harris ran from authorities unarmed.[2][3][4] While Harris was being subdued, Tulsa County Reserve Deputy Robert Charles "Bob" Bates, 73, allegedly confused his personal weapon, a Smith & Wesson .357 revolver, for a Model X26 Taser.[5] Bates shot Harris in the back when he was on the ground. According to the Tulsa County Sheriff's office, he immediately said afterwards, "Oh, I shot him! I'm sorry."[6] Bates was found guilty of manslaughter and sentenced to four years in prison.

Ugh it was even dumber.

quote:

It was later determined that Harris did not have a gun when he was tackled and shot. A sunglasses-camera video[7] shows his arms flailing as he runs. Bates was later charged with second-degree manslaughter.[8]

Harris family attorney Donald Smolen said the sunglasses video shows Deputy Bates with a yellow Taser strapped to his chest and a .357 revolver in his right hand as he stands over Harris. "There is absolutely no way, if Mr. Bates had been trained at all, which I believe will be reflected ultimately through the lack of records to substantiate his training, that an officer who was trained would [ever] get these two weapons confused," Smolen said.[9]

In the video, Harris can be heard saying, "I'm losing my breath," to which 38-year-old Deputy Joseph Byars replies, "gently caress your breath." 24-year-old Deputy Michael Huckeby is also shown in the video kneeling on Harris' head as the dying Harris is told, "You shouldn't have ran," and "Shut the gently caress up."

The Tulsa Police Department immediately sought to clarify their relationships with both Bates and Clark. "Robert Bates has no current affiliation with the Tulsa Police Department and has not had any in 50 years," TPD said in a press release. "Additionally, Mr. Jim Clark, a consultant for the Tulsa County Sheriff, does not represent the Tulsa Police Department nor has the Tulsa Police Department conducted an assessment of this incident."[13][14] Later that week, The Tulsa World reported supervisors at the Tulsa County Sheriff's Office were ordered to falsify Deputy Bates' training records.[6]

Sheriff's spokesman Shannon Clark later said the documents wouldn't matter because Bates, a major donor to Sheriff Glanz's re-election, was granted special exceptions.[15]

The sheriff's deputy that certified Bates has moved on to work for the Secret Service, Sheriff Stanley Glanz said during an interview with a radio station,[16] while the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office denied providing Bates with the training he claimed.[17]

Chief Glanz resigned as a result of the scandal around Bates' lack of qualification. In 2016 he pled guilty for failing to release information that showed the department knew Bates to be unqualified. He was sentenced to one year in jail, and the sentence was suspended.[18]

The shooter only served about 1/3 of his sentence.

That Works fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Apr 12, 2021

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

shame on an IGA posted:

look at this guy who thinks cops are gonna blow whistles

:vince:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

The linked article has a ton of good data / studies. The intro was a bit meh but when it gets to the current subject it shines. Worth bookmarking for idiots in your timelines.

https://twitter.com/michaelharriot/status/1381709921008386049?s=20

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

6 of those out of 6.8m doses given (per CDC).

Not sure if that's gonna rise above likely causality or not tbh.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

boop the snoot posted:

I think 6 out of 6.8m is considerably less than the average rate people get bloodclots

Seems so, but it's a rare one. Most likely pause to confirm and then restore it with further guidance for specific risk groups for the clots I would reckon.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

That's surprising

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

lmao Jerry Lee Lewis up in the corner

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Meshka posted:

A portion of people are not inherently good no matter how well a society runs itself and will always take advantage of the weaker without a mechanism to discourage that type of behavior. Saying abolish all police makes you sound like a child and will never be accepted by majority of people.

Your 1st sentence is a good point about why abolishing police is an improvement to the status quo.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

https://twitter.com/TheDweck/status/1382046832373624836?s=20

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Decimate the police

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...rter-narrative/

quote:

“What we know 90 days later is that the insurrection was the result of a large, diffuse and new kind of protest movement congealing in the United States,” the political science professor wrote in The Washington Post. “Those involved are, by and large, older and more professional than right-wing protesters we have surveyed in the past. They typically have no ties to existing right-wing groups. But like earlier protesters, they are 95 percent White and 85 percent male, and many live near and among Biden supporters in blue and purple counties.”

e: I think a lot of the 'live near Biden supporters in blue and purple counties' is because that's where you find the middle or higher income people in general who would have the financial means to travel to DC and the freedom from taking off work as well. IMO min wage / low wage hourly blue-collar types aren't going to really have the freedom to pack up and travel to DC on a workday(s).

That Works fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Apr 14, 2021

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

If their claim of mixing up the taser for their firearm is true this would be the appropriate charge right?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

And against other white people (me) so long as they were "justified" in using a gun on someone black.

I was thinking about you when I read that post also.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Tips are bribes if you really think about it.

*ducks*