Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Question.
This poll is closed.
Yes. 76 50.67%
No. 74 49.33%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

brains
May 12, 2004

it really is astonishing how every single goddamn time these dudes just feel compelled to come to the defense of the poor sexual predator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

brains posted:

it really is astonishing how every single goddamn time these dudes just feel compelled to come to the defense of the poor sexual predator

They look and say "there but for the grace of God, go I."

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

That Works posted:

This is hilarious as yesterday I got told in CSPAM that if I thought Greenwald was poo poo I was a supporter of the CIA and their regime changes.

Yeah I can't read cspam anymore, the lalala stalin-maoists dominate to much

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

boop the snoot posted:

So GG is a pedo. Got it.

That's what I took away from that.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Yeah I can't read cspam anymore, the lalala stalin-maoists dominate to much

Yeah even my SRA chapter is considering telling some of the Maoists to just gently caress off.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

not caring here posted:

That's what I took away from that.

He's libertarian.

Here's each political quadrant's thoughts on AOC:

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

That Works posted:

This is hilarious as yesterday I got told in CSPAM that if I thought Greenwald was poo poo I was a supporter of the CIA and their regime changes.

drat, cspam has changed since I backed off politics a bit after the election. Glem used to get mocked relentlessly for being an idiot.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

fknlo posted:

drat, cspam has changed since I backed off politics a bit after the election. Glem used to get mocked relentlessly for being an idiot.

It seems he does but I guess there's 2 camps on it.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/stat...ingawful.com%2F

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Like all the forums CSPAM is a sum of its many diverse posters, if you stop posting in there that's just how it tilts to one side?

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

GG is extremely impactful and good on Brazilian politics and bad but a sideshow in US politics. He's wrong here but I would not take this to mean he's a ped. Glenn has an extreme case of lawyer brain where he loves nothing more than following an argument to extreme conclusions.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Wasabi the J posted:

Y'all reinvented SWAT.

except they're not going to be responding to misdemeanor crimes or pulling people over for traffic poo poo (and shooting them)

quote:

One of my co-workers is a former Milwaukee cop, and he has some similar stories that are just great... though bustin a few heads is about the most rule breaking he's ever hinted at.

quote:

On the evening of October 23, 2004, Frank Jude and his friend, Lovell Harris, who is black, were invited by Kirsten Antonissen and Katie Brown to a housewarming party being hosted by police officer Andrew Spengler at his Bay View, Milwaukee home. Many of the persons at the party were off-duty Milwaukee police officers.

Upon arriving at Andrew Spengler's home, Jude and Harris told Antonissen that they felt uncomfortable and therefore wanted to leave. The group quickly left and shortly after doing so, Andrew Spengler reported that his wallet, which contained his police badge, was missing. At least ten men who were at Spengler's home went outside and confronted Jude, Harris, Antonissen, and Brown.[2] Among the off-duty officers who confronted the group were Andrew Spengler, Jon Bartlett, Daniel Masarik, Ryan Packard, Ryan Lemke, Jon Clausing, and Joseph Stromei.

The off-duty officers identified themselves as police officers and focused their attention upon Jude and Harris, demanding to know where the badge was. Both men denied taking the badge. When Jude and the others stayed inside Antonessen's truck, the mob threatened them, saying "friend of the family, we can kill you."[2]

During this confrontation, Ryan Packard took Jude to the ground, where other off-duty officers held him down and searched him for the badge. The off-duty officers demanded that Jude tell them where the badge was and while doing so repeatedly punched and kicked him. Another officer, Jon Clausing, cut Harris's face with a knife; Harris freed himself and ran away.[2]

Kirsten Antonissen called 9-1-1 and reported that people who were claiming to be police officers were beating up her friend. While talking to the 9-1-1 dispatcher, Antonissen reported that a uniformed officer had responded to the scene and that he too began beating Frank Jude. This on-duty officer, Joseph Schabel, arrived at the scene and upon learning that Jude was suspected of stealing a police badge, repeatedly stomped on the suspect's head until others could hear bones breaking, while his partner, Nicole Martinez, watched.[2] Other officers grabbed the phone from Antonissen and threw her against the truck, denting it.[2] Brown also made two phone calls to 9-1-1 before her phone was seized.[2]

Apologizing to Martinez, Masarik lifted Jude off the ground and kicked him in the crotch. Then Bartlett took Schabel's pen and shoved it into both of Jude's ear canals, causing Jude to scream and squirm in extreme pain and resulting in significant injury. The mob broke two of Jude's fingers by bending them back until they snapped.[2] Spengler put a gun to Jude's head and threatened to kill him. Additionally, during this incident, Bartlett used a knife to cut off Jude's leather jacket and pants, leaving him naked in the street.[2]

Frank Jude was initially arrested on suspicion of theft and quickly loaded into a police van and transported to the hospital for treatment of his numerous injuries. The admitting physician took photographs because there were so many injuries to document.[2] The injury to Jude's ears was so severe that emergency room physicians could not diagnose it immediately because they could not control the bleeding.[2]

No one was ever charged with the theft of the badge and the badge was never found.[2]

quote:

In 1994, two Milwaukee police officers, Gabriel Bedoya and John Koch, went on a shooting spree in the city of Chicago. They fired shots at random into buildings on the Gold Coast of Chicago, including the residence of Cardinal Joseph Bernardin. When denied entry to a nightclub, Bedoya shot the bouncer at close range in the head, killing him, and the two fled back to Milwaukee.[29]

quote:

A Milwaukee policeman charged in the April choking death of a man at the off-duty officer's home had his first court appearance Wednesday.

Michael Mattioli, 32, is charged with first-degree reckless homicide in the death of Joel Acevedo the morning after a party at Mattioli's house, according to the criminal complaint.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/24/us/milwaukee-off-duty-cop-charged-choking-death-joel-acevedo/index.html

Plenty more where that came from including numerous murders or stuff like giving one of Jeffrey Dahmer's victims back to him:

quote:

On the afternoon of May 26, 1991, Dahmer encountered a 14-year-old Lao teenager named Konerak Sinthasomphone on Wisconsin Avenue. By coincidence, Sinthasomphone was the younger brother of the boy whom Dahmer had molested in 1988.[136] He approached the youth with an offer of money to accompany him to his apartment to pose for Polaroid pictures. According to Dahmer, Sinthasomphone was initially reluctant to the proposal, before changing his mind and accompanying Dahmer to his apartment, where the youth posed for two pictures in his underwear before Dahmer drugged him into unconsciousness and performed oral sex on him.[137]

On this occasion, Dahmer drilled a single hole into Sinthasomphone's skull, through which he injected hydrochloric acid into the frontal lobe.[137] Before Sinthasomphone fell unconscious, Dahmer led the boy into his bedroom, where the body of 31-year-old Tony Hughes, whom Dahmer had killed three days earlier, lay naked on the floor.[138] According to Dahmer, he "believed [that Sinthasomphone] saw this body", yet did not react to seeing the bloated corpse—likely because of the effects of the sleeping pills he had ingested and the hydrochloric acid Dahmer had injected through his skull. Sinthasomphone soon became unconscious, whereupon Dahmer drank several beers while lying alongside him before leaving his apartment to drink at a bar, then purchase more alcohol.[139]

In the early morning hours of May 27, Dahmer returned toward his apartment to discover Sinthasomphone sitting naked on the corner of 25th and State, talking in Lao, with three distressed young women standing near him.[140][141] Dahmer approached the women and told them that Sinthasomphone (whom he referred to by the alias John Hmong)[142][143] was his friend, and attempted to lead him to his apartment by the arm. The three women dissuaded Dahmer, explaining they had phoned 9-1-1.[144]

Upon the arrival of three Milwaukee police officers, John Balcerzak, Joseph Gabrish and Richard Porubcan,[145] Dahmer's demeanor relaxed: he told the officers that Sinthasomphone was his 19-year-old boyfriend, that he had drunk too much following a quarrel,[146] and that he frequently behaved in this manner when intoxicated. The three women were exasperated, and when one of the trio attempted to indicate to one of the officers that Sinthasomphone was bleeding from his rectum and that he had seemingly struggled against Dahmer's attempts to walk him to his apartment, the officer harshly informed her to "butt out",[147] "shut the hell up" and to not interfere.[148][149]

Against the protests of the three women, the three officers simply covered Sinthasomphone with a towel and walked him to Dahmer's apartment where,[150] in an effort to verify his claim that he and Sinthasomphone were lovers, Dahmer showed the officers the two semi-nude Polaroid pictures he had taken of the youth the previous evening. Though Balcerzak said he smelled nothing unusual, Gabrish later stated he noted a strange scent reminiscent of excrement inside the apartment.[151] This odor emanated from the decomposing body of Hughes.[152][153] Dahmer stated that to investigate this odor, one officer simply "peeked his head around the bedroom but really didn't take a good look." The officers then left, with a departing remark that Dahmer "take good care" of Sinthasomphone.[154] This incident was listed by the officers as a "domestic dispute."

:allears: (gently caress MPD too)

Flying_Crab fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Apr 12, 2021

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Best Friends posted:

GG is extremely impactful and good on Brazilian politics and bad but a sideshow in US politics. He's wrong here but I would not take this to mean he's a ped. Glenn has an extreme case of lawyer brain where he loves nothing more than following an argument to extreme conclusions.

The pedo defender defender has logged in

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

RFC2324 posted:

The pedo defender defender has logged in

gently caress you

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Found this earlier and it basically is a good summation of Greenwald:

https://twitter.com/RadioFreeTom/status/1381453679895711746?s=19

Dude goes on Tucker and Fox News shows constantly, and not to tell them to gently caress off, so gently caress GG sideways and I don't need to even think about it further.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
1) Redfield is a religious nutfuck and he was a garbage CDC director but not as garbage as everyone else in the Trump administration

2) Our hygiene theatre is actively harmful at general covid prevention when instead of sanitation wiping we should be improving circulation, ventilation, and air treatments throughout the country

3) lol big rear end fans

https://twitter.com/SteveKopack/status/1381641613341028356?s=19

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

facialimpediment posted:

Found this earlier and it basically is a good summation of Greenwald:

https://twitter.com/RadioFreeTom/status/1381453679895711746?s=19

Dude goes on Tucker and Fox News shows constantly, and not to tell them to gently caress off, so gently caress GG sideways and I don't need to even think about it further.

I'll drop it after this but:

Bernie also went on fox and "didnt tell them to gently caress off"

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
I remember reading about the cops that literally gave the escaped-from-a-cannibal-serial-killer dude back to Dahmer, and thinking holy poo poo that's hosed up. All I knew was what the newspaper said, so little did I know at the time that they weren't duped so much as viciously negligent to the point of being complicit. I used to hope they had nightmares and cold sweats from it, but that doesn't come close.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

1) Redfield is a religious nutfuck and he was a garbage CDC director but not as garbage as everyone else in the Trump administration

2) Our hygiene theatre is actively harmful at general covid prevention when instead of sanitation wiping we should be improving circulation, ventilation, and air treatments throughout the country

3) lol big rear end fans

https://twitter.com/SteveKopack/status/1381641613341028356?s=19

Big rear end Fans is the best company.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

If you’re talking about HBO’s Q: Into the Storm, it’s pretty good. Cullen Hoback is a good interviewer, and got most of the major people who benefited from Q on camera. He also got a lot of interview time with Ron Watkins, and catches Ron throughout saying absolutely stupid things that make it obvious he’s lying (beyond that clip that was floating around a week or two back).

Is this that documentary from that clip where some guy not-quite-accidentally admitted that he's been pretending to be this Q guy since the get-go?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

The Eyes Have It posted:

I remember reading about the cops that literally gave the escaped-from-a-cannibal-serial-killer dude back to Dahmer, and thinking holy poo poo that's hosed up. All I knew was what the newspaper said, so little did I know at the time that they weren't duped so much as viciously negligent to the point of being complicit. I used to hope they had nightmares and cold sweats from it, but that doesn't come close.

I always feel it necessary to add that one of the cops responsible not only was reinstated, but later was elected president of the police union.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Is this that documentary from that clip where some guy not-quite-accidentally admitted that he's been pretending to be this Q guy since the get-go?

Yes, same one. That’s Ron Watkins, admin of 4chan letting it slip in that clip. He actually says multiple things throughout that let you know he’s very in on it, if not Q himself.

The first episode has a point where it’s insinuated one of the 8chan Mods notices that Q is using his trip code with the same scrambled ip, which is different than the beginning. He says this is a fake Q, Ron steps in, says it’s the real Q, and moves Q drops to another 8chan board to avoid any more issues.

He also says Q pointed out the number of 8chan users online then acted like it was some cyber op that he didn’t even know how many people were online. Super loving stupid.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Holy Christ
https://twitter.com/daviss/status/1381655373350756354?s=19

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I'll drop it after this but:

Bernie also went on fox and "didnt tell them to gently caress off"

You're right, bad phrasing on my part. There are parts of the Fox News lineup that you can have a slanted conversation with and Mayo Pete is EXTREMELY good at it. Like it's one of the Biden comms team's best decisions to just stick him on Fox News and let him talk.

GG is invited on Tucker/Hannity/et al because he agrees with them and does nothing but agree with them. Mayo Pete and Bernie can have very good conversations with slanted folks on Fox News. But when you're deep into the daily White Nationalist primetime hours, I don't think a conversation can be had with anyone on those shows. They need to be told to gently caress their racist faces, hard. If you're getting actively invited onto their shows just to agree with them (like GG), knowing what they say on a daily basis, you're a bad person.

For more content, there's a weird thing going on during the COVID surge in Michigan:

https://twitter.com/challreporter/status/1381661252020285449

Michigan's a blue state with a good governor and a chudfuck State House/Senate hellbent on taking away the governor's pandemic powers, to the extent they exist. We obviously reopened too early, especially with restaurants and after-school sports, but we've kept mask mandates and lots of other restrictions that the chuds can't stand. The state is basically saying the root cause is a compliance problem (everyone's ignoring the rules) and the only thing that will help is a vaccine surge. The Biden administration is saying to shut poo poo down, vaccines take too long to take effect.

I'm on Team Shutdown, but things are lovely in a 50-50 state when one party basically thinks it's all a hoax.

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Apr 12, 2021

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Flying_Crab posted:

except they're not going to be responding to misdemeanor crimes or pulling people over for traffic poo poo (and shooting them)

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/24/us/milwaukee-off-duty-cop-charged-choking-death-joel-acevedo/index.html

Plenty more where that came from including numerous murders or stuff like giving one of Jeffrey Dahmer's victims back to him:

:allears: (gently caress MPD too)

To add to that last one:

quote:

Balcerzak first gained national attention in 1991, when he was fired for having handed over an injured child to serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer, despite bystanders' protests. He appealed his termination and was subsequently reinstated. Balcerzak retired from the Milwaukee Police Department in 2017.

quote:

In May 2005, Balcerzak was elected president of the Milwaukee Police Association, defeating Sebastian Raclaw by a vote of 521 to 453. As president, he was criticized for failing to protect officers from mandatory overtime and not supporting African-American officer Alfonzo Glover, who was charged with homicide on 30 May 2006, and later committed suicide on the same day. By June 2006, the union vice president had resigned because of disagreements with Balcerzak's "leadership style". A petition to remove Balcerzak was filed and a recall election was held in August 2006. The results were 213 for a recall and 397 to retain him. At an October 9, 2009, trustee election, John Balcerzak was not re-elected as a trustee, thus having to vacate his position as president on December 31, 2009.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Balcerzak

Sounds like he's retired and enjoying life, almost certainly with a six figure pension. Just like William Calley is free and enjoying his golden years in Florida.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Just a whoopsie doodle could happen to anyone

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I look forward to the negligent homicide / involuntary manslaughter charges that probably won't happen

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

boop the snoot posted:

Just a whoopsie doodle could happen to anyone

"Look, people accidentally pull their handgun and shoot an innocent person all the time! We're not highly trained cops or anything!"

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/MnUrising/status/1381662100783828996?s=19

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

https://twitter.com/rljourno/status/1381655439633420292?s=20

Yeah, more training will fix this /s

Best part is when the Chief of police calls her a "Senior Police Officer", basically admitting that these people are all incompetent.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Apr 12, 2021

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

M_Gargantua posted:

Like all the forums CSPAM is a sum of its many diverse posters, if you stop posting in there that's just how it tilts to one side?

This. CSPAM especially because so many takes float by at incredible shitposting speeds. Emptyquote the change you wish to see in the world.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

Stultus Maximus posted:

I always feel it necessary to add that one of the cops responsible not only was reinstated, but later was elected president of the police union.

Jesus Mary and Joseph it always just gets worse, even after all this time.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

"Look, people accidentally pull their handgun and shoot an innocent person all the time! We're not highly trained cops or anything!"

The fact that many tasers use a grip and trigger similar to handguns is a real problem when you have the same people armed with both. Training is only so effective, and it's an indication of the lack of the responsiveness of police departments that they keep buying devices that are so easy to confuse for a gun.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Tasers should have the fire button on top like a Star Trek TNG phaser.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Tulsa PD had a shooting a couple years back that was kinda same deal. Old cop grabbed gun instead of tazer and shot the victim in the back on the ground

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

wins32767 posted:

The fact that many tasers use a grip and trigger similar to handguns is a real problem when you have the same people armed with both. Training is only so effective, and it's an indication of the lack of the responsiveness of police departments that they keep buying devices that are so easy to confuse for a gun.

I think its safer to say they don't need access to firearms if they cannot deal with them. "Training is only so effective" is such a poor excuse given how often this happens accidentally or on purpose.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Remember that there’s no accidental discharges, only negligent ones.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

That Works posted:

Tulsa PD had a shooting a couple years back that was kinda same deal. Old cop grabbed gun instead of tazer and shot the victim in the back on the ground

Iirc that guy was an auxiliary because he was so loving ancient.

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

Mr. Nice! posted:

He's libertarian.

Here's each political quadrant's thoughts on AOC:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

I really hate these charts, because "Libertarian" is not the opposite of Authoritarian if you talk about it in the US. Libertarian in the united states is just Corporate Authoritarian.