Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Question.
This poll is closed.
Yes. 76 50.67%
No. 74 49.33%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

facialimpediment posted:

https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/1377636684188299266?s=19

Aaaaaaand here's the part that made my teeth itch:

Usually Congress is loving people, not people loving in Congress.

One of the characters in Alpha House is a sex obsessed Florida GOP Congressman so this is life imitating art.

Everyone should watch Alpha House, John Goodman rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss
I personally know 3 women over 30 who have done crossfit. All 3 of them have had surgury for crossfit related injuries.

The "value" of the $200 a month you spend is to have a bunch of other people encourage you. Everyone is like, forcefully nice? It reminds me of being new at a baptist church and everyone wants you to join their cult/community.

I think they tap into the camaraderie vets get from going through an intense and painful experience together. Which, in a world of increasing isolation isn't a bad thing. It just feels...contrived?

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

CBJSprague24 posted:

https://twitter.com/PiperK/status/1377809022636658693/photo/1

This guy's been high on his own supply for too long and is about to come crashing down.

Imagine spending 30 years on the right schools, charities and politicians to get your Beavis and Butthead looking son in Congress so you can flex to the other dads on the golf course. Then after four years the only thing remaining is your family name becoming synonymous with sex trafficking and sugar babies dot com.

Unbelievable self own.

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss
* Mitch McConnel as a CSM addressing a formation of GOP Congressmen at 0530*

"OVER THE WEEKEND, THERE WAS AN OFF BASE INCIDENT INVOLVING ONE OF OUR SOLDIERS. THE SOLDIER HAS BEEN IDENTIFIED AND THE INCIDENT IS BEING HANDLED BY THE PROPER AUTHORITIES"

"I WANT YOU ALL TO KNOW THAT *checks notes* CHILD SEX TRAFFICKING IS AGAINST THE UCMJ, RUNS CONTRARY TO OUR COMMANDERS INTENT, AND NEGATIVELY IMPACTS OUR MISSION. "

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

shame on an IGA posted:

:ducksiren: The Postal Inspection Service has a piece of this case :ducksiren:

They're all gonna get the death penalty. That agency is the short guy syndrome of federal law enforcement.

This.

Do not gently caress with the post office.

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

Endless capital in the hands of like 500 people isn't a problem, just think of the all off the efficiencies the economies of scale could provide.

Edit- This is the kid that would toss his lunch on the floor and say the janitor should thank him for providing job security

Sacrist65 fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Apr 5, 2021

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

Mr. Nice! posted:

In fact, a former coworker of his said he’d leave his dirty dishes in the breakroom sink instead of washing them because his salary was higher than the administrative assistant’s it was more efficient for them to wash the dishes instead.

I could give him the benefit of the doubt and say that was purely a thought experiment. Like "Beep Boop Robot brain says it costs the company $15 of your time vs $30 of my time" but I won't because that guy is a goober with consistently lovely opinions.

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

facialimpediment posted:

The time to get into real estate is usually six months before everyone thinks about getting into real estate. The same generally goes for stocks, bonds, investments, crypto, NFTs, and pet rocks.

Real estate probably has less exposure to a market crash, since COVID didn't much affect rich fucks and there's very low inventory. But getting into real estate now is buying high, in hope of it selling higher later. Seems to run counter to "buy low, sell high" to get into real estate right now.

During a gold rush, dont dig, sell shovels.

The prices for roofers, electricians, pretty much anyone related to home improvement is insane in my area.

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

BaconAndBullets posted:

Is that supposed to shame him? He's the President's son, who gives a gently caress? If anything that makes me respect him more, hell yeah brother, get that threesome.

This is how a real First Son gets tail! Share if you Agree!

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

Baconroll posted:

Another WW2 veteran gone - its hard to think when I was a kid every grey haired man pretty much was a WW2 vet, and now its very few and far between.

I walk by alot of buildings built between ~1920 and ~1960 and I think of how much that generation was able to accomplish. Its a shame how their kids turned out.

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

ASAPI posted:

This is insane. I can’t begin to imagine what this guy is going through right now.

https://twitter.com/ap/status/1380661326029189123?s=21

I guess some people have to finally choose between backing the blue or the troops.

I don't really know what to think of this clip because alot of the context is lost in the editing.

What the clip maybe doesn't show is the LT had been stopped long enough for backup to arrive, so maybe he was refusing lawful orders for a while at that point? Declining to provide license and registration, that sort of thing?

Before i get dogpiled, all im saying is clickbait like this is edited for maximum outrage / algorithmic distribution. Right Wing Media does this poo poo all the time. Maybe I'm wrong but I would reserve judgement until seeing the entire footage.

Edit- since this is part of a lawsuit, this particular clip may have been released by the LT's lawyers to put pressure on the city to settle out of court, or poison potential jurors.

Sacrist65 fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Apr 10, 2021

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

orange juche posted:

Christ it's a couple white pigs deciding they didn't like the look of a black military officer and deciding to show him whose boss because that's all their little pig brains can think about. Ain't a lot of more context needed.

They won't get in trouble because it's Virginia.

Yea, I'm getting a bad case of Poe's law on this one.

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

orange juche posted:

Are you saying you can't tell whether I'm being satirical or serious? Lemme clear it up for you, it was a bad stop, the cops acted improperly, and if the person they stopped was white the cops would have been drooling over the LTs boots.

How do you know that?

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

boop the snoot posted:

I’ve been in firefights and kept my wits about me. I did not keep my wits about me when I got robbed and someone put a gun in my face.

Expecting people to act a certain way when they are staring down the barrel of death, to me, is just manipulating the situation to make deadly force justifiable.

Thats a good point. And it yea it seems like a bad stop and those cops should face consequences. Also we're all consumers of an industry that makes money off how angry the news makes us. All of these things can be true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

Mr. Nice! posted:

He's libertarian.

Here's each political quadrant's thoughts on AOC: