Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Question.
This poll is closed.
Yes. 76 50.67%
No. 74 49.33%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

https://mobile.twitter.com/BriannaWu/status/1377628298721828866

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Fallom posted:

And even further back around late Summer the CDC issued a statement saying that people should expect at least three months of immunity given some basic assumptions from other viruses, which a lot of people took as definitive proof that immunity could only possibly last three months.

US schools really need to have a whole semester on quantitive statements I guess.

I vaguely remember a story about some Canadian burger chain that tried to expand into the US with a promotional third pounder the same price as a McDonalds quarter pounder. And Americans got pissed at the company for ripping them off because three is less than four.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

I'm okay with that signoff becoming a standard conclusion to political speeches à la Cato the Elder.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

The gf and I flew into south Alabama for a funeral a few weeks back. The first thing the pastor said to my gf was that we don't need masks cuz this is Alabama. Other highlights included the other preacher involved talking about how masks and vaccines are a cult that Christians need to fight, holding a massive bbq buffet as the after service party, and one of the pastors using the service itself to mock democrats and praise Trump.

I feel like we should carve out some sort of large federal territory somewhere (like do we really need two dakotas or two carolinas?) for these assholes. They can live free according to their traditional culture in their reserved land and the rest of is can live without them ruining everything.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Matt Gaetz, Loyal for Years to Trump, Is Said to Have Sought a Blanket Pardon

quote:

Representative Matt Gaetz, Republican of Florida, was one of President Donald J. Trump’s most vocal allies during his term, publicly pledging loyalty and even signing a letter nominating the president for the Nobel Peace Prize.

In the final weeks of Mr. Trump’s term, Mr. Gaetz sought something in return. He privately asked the White House for blanket pre-emptive pardons for himself and unidentified congressional allies for any crimes they may have committed, according to two people told of the discussions.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

It seems the Trump white house negotiated vaccine contracts which prohibit the US from sending vaccines overseas.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1379621738850422787

e: fixed phone posting typos

Soylent Pudding fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Apr 7, 2021

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Educated voters are obviously higher quality so I'm glad they agree only those with a 4 year degree should vote....

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

lightpole posted:

You should probably read up on the US merchant marine.

The WWII museum in New Orleans had an amazing merchant marine exhibit when I was there a few years ago.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Moderna 2nd shot was rough. Full symptoms started ~12 hours in. From there I had another 12 hours of fever, chills, extreme fatigue, nausea, disorientation, muscle aches, and joint aches. Then things abated and I had another 12 hours of heavy fatigue and moderate aches and pains. My fitness tracker says I burned 2.5x the calories of my heaviest exercise days even though I was laying in bed too weak to stand pretty much the entire day.

Footage from my vaccine clinic: https://youtu.be/e4su1305TDk

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Handsome Ralph posted:

People might not like hearing it, but a sizable number of EMTs and Firefighters are bootlickers and chuddy as hell. Especially in smaller locales like this one.

It's pretty depressing when you see it in the wild too :smith:

I've known some racist as gently caress firefighters. Didn't someone on here have a story about inheriting a relatives house in Mississippi or whatever and received friendly advice from the neighbors, "if you rent it to black people it's going to be really unfortunate the VFD didn't have the response time to save the house."

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

https://mobile.twitter.com/nytimes/status/1382124393896288260

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

The vaccines are rolling out and mass shootings are returning. Truly america is healing.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

facialimpediment posted:

It's a weird perfect storm in AOC's favor though. Chuck Schumer is up in 2022, still wants to be Senate Majority Leader, and is *scared shitless* of a primary challenge by AOC or otherwise. Schumer won 70-27% in 2016, so his only worry is getting primaried. The maps are going to be determined by the NY Democratic Party (after they reject a commission's recommendations twice) and that machine's been leaking oil for the last few years. You also can't really chop up the Bronx to gently caress up her district very much.

So hell, I'd take the opposite view. They'll probably leave her district untouched to keep AOC happy and Schumer will go out and campaign with her if she wants. She'll be in Congress for as long as she wants and the DNC probably will think it's in their best interest to keep her in the House :v:

Plus they could try and gently caress over an upstate republican by merging their districts.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

If the DNC is so eager to gently caress over AOC why did they let Pelosi give her a prominent position on the Oversight Committee?

Seriously, this is a weird conspiracy theory I've seen no evidence for but keeps coming uip.

Both the far left and far right like to paint AOC as the radical leftist firebrand nonstop throwing molotovs. But when on capital hill she's careful about picking battles and otherwise is a dutiful party member who goes along to get along. At least according to the people I know who work on capitol hill for a living.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

golden bubble posted:

There's evidence that the early farmers of the Andes ate clay sauce to help deal with toxins in their potato breeds. Even after they breed better potatoes that didn't have the toxins, they kept the dirt sauce, and people still eat it today since it's tradition now.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2017/11/28/564866619/the-ancient-andean-tradition-of-eating-clay-may-have-helped-to-protect-health

This was a good read.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

bird food bathtub posted:

Problem is ketosis can be dangerous as gently caress and following a Facebook group does not impart the full weight of knowledge required to understand what you are doing to your body, why you're doing it, and what risks you need to be aware of.

Nah this tub of lard, bacon and scrambled eggs is perfectly healthy cuz it's got no carbs. Doc, what do you mean I need statins at the age of 30?

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Tag yourself: https://mobile.twitter.com/KeatonPatti/status/1387535122971336705?s=19

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

There's also a travel voucher: https://mobile.twitter.com/TheRealBuzz/status/626812956148248577

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

The article makes it look like Gaetz refused to list a finger to help Greenberg even after Greenberg made it clear he hadn't flipped because he's holding out for a pardon.

The highly tarnished silver lining of these people is that they seem constitutionally incapable of not grifting and throwing each other under the bus at all times.