Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Question.
This poll is closed.
Yes. 76 50.67%
No. 74 49.33%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I’m going to quote this on the first page because it’s easy to miss.

McNally posted:

Those of you who pay attention may have noticed that I've expressed some level of frustration with the toxicity running amok in the Current Events thread. To that end I've put together a brute squad to help me clear out the Thieves' Forest keep the CE thread a place where we can talk about current events without coming away with heavy internet toxicity.

I'd like to thank Sarah, Hekk, and FrozenVent for volunteering to help me make their lives demonstrably worse.

A special guest star will be joining them later when their schedule clears up.

Thanks to the new GIP IKs for agreeing to help make subforum 218 the okayest place on the internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

orange juche posted:

The big one is the northwest spot, because that means that potentially if those troops aren't in Belarus for wargames, and are there for actual war, then the whole strategy's different and it's not just a play for the eastern half of Ukraine, but a play for the whole smack. I'm spitballing but if it's right that's real bad.

As you know, the premier loves surprises.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It would be a shame if she got rhabdomyolysis.

She never will because her “workout” stops when the camera turns off.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

wins32767 posted:

https://twitter.com/GovPhilScott/status/1377605174320099335

Agree with the goal, but this is not going to end well. Overt discrimination by race as government policy is bad and it's going to open the door people with ill intent to do really bad things.

The governor has accidentally stumbled into a genius play to get CHUDs to get the jab to trigger the libs.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

facialimpediment posted:

Found out what happened with the J&J vaccine production fuckup.

Yeah, you really don’t want the clotting juice in your double Johnson.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Defenestrategy posted:

Stone Mountain has them as an attraction where they take you out on the lake with them. They don't seem that bad, but I can see it being a really lovely experience outside of a calm lake in nice weather.

They’ve killed a shitload of people.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It’s time to repost this parody.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lCMNNoT9dY

Subtitles are there if you need them.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

stealie72 posted:

100% with you. The flu generally leaves you immobile for days. You'll know when you have it.

Half of all influenza infections are asymptomatic.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

wins32767 posted:

I'd be more onboard with thinking that this is a moral argument if other countries weren't trying to get the best, most technically sophisticated vaccines for local manufacture at the same time as saying that they want to keep the IP. The AZ and J&J vaccines are much easier to make and just as effective at preventing deaths, why insist on Moderna and Pfizer like South Africa has been doing?

South Africa trialed AstraZeneca’s vaccine and it was i effective against B.1.351. It’s no coincidence that we call that strain “the South African variant”.

Johnson & Johnson’s vaccine seems to be all right, but unfortunately the options are it or mRNA.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

He kinda sucks actually, going by what his staff have said. He has the ideology but no understanding that you can't simply shitpost legislation into action, and his run for governor is a total no-hoper ego project.

You say that, but it’s happened before.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

CBJSprague24 posted:

Anybody think Trump has had a room at Mar-A-Lago remodeled to look like the Oval Office so he can play pretend?

There are dozens of replicas and some of them are portable. It’s a credible suggestion.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
What’s Sleepy Ben up to?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Internet Wizard posted:

Alex Jones is trending on twitter right now because apparently he just happened to see some child smugglers loading up a van in downtown across the street from Alex and an entire camera crew.

Not surprising that he has delivery notifications for his own package.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/FBICleveland/status/1379980932300435456

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

My bad for posting old news.

Thanks for the update.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Platystemon posted:

Actual CDC guidance that is bat poo poo: quarantine period is only ten days.

Update: I have to give CDC credit for fixing this.

It’s now fourteen days with specific, cautioned exceptions.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Thank you for turning off his webcam feed.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

hobbesmaster posted:

That reminds me of the time my dad told me a story about being at some place with his father circa 1960ish and a marine wwii vet telling my grandfather, in USAF uniform, that he wasn’t a “real” veteran and then doubled down after my grandfather said he was a glider pilot in Europe.

edit: grandpa would’ve been active duty at the time so I guess “real soldier” but whatever

lol what

Was this guy imagining pleasure gliders or what?

Combat gliders are one of the most metal things there is.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Midjack posted:

Jefferson Davis chair saga has ended.

quote:

The concrete chair, which the NOPD said is valued at $500,000,

LOL good one

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

On one hand, local law enforcement is thuggish and unaccountable.

On the other hand,

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

It’s an act of war, sure, but I don’t see how it’s terrifying.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

boop the snoot posted:

I think 6 out of 6.8m is considerably less than the average rate people get bloodclots

It’s a specific, rare clotting presentation, though.

That said, I would take the J&J vaccine even if the numbers were ten times as bad.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The U.S. has enough vaccine diversity that clinics can just stop giving the J&J vaccine to women under sixty years of age and that’s not directly a catastrophe. There are enough mRNA doses and the U.S. can handle a cold chain. It’s not like many countries that are reliant on AstraZeneca for the bulk of their shots.

The real problem will be the chilling effect this creates. There were already people preferentially seeking the J&J vaccine because they felt it was more “traditional” (it isn’t) or because they really valued the “one and done” aspect.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I am very disappointed that only eleven of you chose both options on the poll.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Oil tanker?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It was America’s Beer Hall Putsch.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

SchnorkIes posted:

Egypt doesn't have a great track record in terms of being able to hold the canal or the general area of the canal by force so I don't think they'd really want to dabble in headline news kidnapping/atrocities/etc.

They have a great record of taking their ball and going home.

If they can’t control the canal, no one can.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Remember when TASERs were talked about as “less lethal” alternatives to guns and police weren’t supposed to use them for compliance and torture but only in situations in which they would otherwise shoot to kill?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/MaritsaPatrinos/status/1382362006217445380

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

M_Gargantua posted:

So you can just deliberately eject all the star athletes of affluent families every game for funsies. This is so ripe for malicious compliance until it finally hits the courts and get struck. Take a gross system and rub republicans face in it until the bullying finally gets through to them.

Yeah, but who’s going to implement malicious compliance? No kid deserves to be subjected to such “investigations”, even if their parents are transphobic shitheads.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
As Yahoo Answers shuts down, it becomes manifest.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

ZombieApostate posted:

I still think that packing the courts is a pandora's box that we won't be able to close if the republicans ever get control of government again. Impeaching the shitheads and replacing them would be a better solution. Fortunately the dems will never do either option so we will never know which is better! :smithicide:

The GOP would have zero hesitation in packing the court. It’s just that they have the place locked up for the next twenty years as‐is.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Traditionally, the way to deal with not having documentation of vaccines, for people who needed them to travel or work in childcare or whatever, was “go get jabbed again and get a record of it this time”.

These vaccines are exceptional in two major ways. Supply of them is limited and we don’t have a long history showing that repeated vaccination is well-tolerated, so we don’t necessarily want people to go out and get more.

We have been revaccinating people in some edge cases.

quote:

The Colorado Department of Health and Environment is advising individuals who received vaccines at Colorado Springs-based Dr. Moma Health and Wellness Clinic to consider the vaccination invalid, according to an April 13 news release.

On April 9, CDPHE suspended administration and distribution of all COVID-19 vaccines at the site, citing potential irregularities in vaccine storage and handling. An investigation with the CDC identified substandard vaccine storage and handling, vaccine preparation, mass clinic operations and poor record-keeping practices.

CDPHE is unable to verify if the vaccines administered were viable because the provider failed to provide proper documentation of temperature storage. People who received one dose at the Dr. Moma Health and Wellness Clinic are advised to receive two additional doses at the proper time intervals.

For people who received two doses at the clinic, the CDC and CDPHE say those doses should be considered invalid and individuals should receive one additional dose. Due to a lack of clinical data, the CDC doesn't recommend receiving more than three doses of any COVID-19 vaccine, regardless of validity.

Pfizer’s also running a trial of third shots in case that provides even more protection, especially against potential escape variants.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/Crimealytics/status/1383787550679072775

:irony:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
They don’t have free access to the transcript, sure, but can they not even send a note and get something specific clarified?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

boop the snoot posted:

I saw someone speculate that people would be celebrating and cops would show up and be cops and you know the rest

Remember the drive-by pepperspray?

Yeah, cops are going to start some poo poo.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Does Washington really want to join the Pennsylvania, Virginia, Massachusetts, and Kentucky club, though?

All the cool folk call it “the District” anyway. Let the abbreviation go. Call it “District of Douglass” and let the puns roll.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Epiphyte posted:

gently caress, now I feel like a dumbass

No, that’s a different guy.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

The Eyes Have It posted:

Is Dan White also the "Twinkie Defense" guy?

E: yep sure is. Too many Twinkies as a cop leading to blood sugar imbalance or whatever leading to a whoopsie-daisy murdered someone :shobon:

The Twinkies were never posited to cause altered state of mind. The suggestion was that Twinkie consumption demonstrated he was already in an altered state, because Twinkies would have been anathema to his granola-eating self.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It’s incredible how quickly the capitol insurrection was publicly forgotten.