Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Question.
This poll is closed.
Yes. 76 50.67%
No. 74 49.33%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Fun Shoe

Handsome Ralph posted:

Yeah gently caress the both of 'em, I hope the LT makes bank out of this and those two cops are out of a job over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Yea, who would ever think that Ride the Lightning is a euphemism for being killed by the state? It's not like there was a 6x platinum album of the name with the title track about being murdered by the state.

Edit: And it was confirmed by the very cop when he said "you should be" in response to the victim saying he's afraid to get out.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Reminder that the plan for dealing with Queen Elizabeth's death is completely bonkers:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/mar/16/what-happens-when-queen-elizabeth-dies-london-bridge

Lol "she has outlasted 12 us presidents"

....like, yeah. That's how term limits work

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

bulletsponge13 posted:

We have those. We have Bolowraps. We have 36 flavors of tazer type weapons. Maybe my Grunt mind is fried from doing the same job in Baghdad, but if you feel you can't do a cop's job without a gun, you shouldn't carry one.

I've seriously had enough and would prefer a new branch added to the DOD to take over all domestic LE. We nees to have standards and responsibility. Right now, we pay them to subugate.

I don’t hate this idea. Small military branch (possibly a third strictly National Guard aligned branch for Title 32 v. Title 10 reasons?) fully under UCMJ that handles armed LE stuff only to the extent absolutely necessary such as violent felonies, active shooter situations, major event security, etc. but does not respond to calls that don’t ordinarily require an armed response. The FBI can stay in their current investigative/CI role. All other normal state/local LE duties are replaced by social/medical workers, parking checkers or unarmed state investigators. etc.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

orange juche posted:

But did it rewrite your DNA to pick up 5G signals

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Getting J&J shot in the Springs VA.

E: fucks sake, my arm is instantly sore. I can feel the 5Gs.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://twitter.com/bioach/status/1380952669603430400?s=21

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Lol, just waiting for the idiot conspiracy theories when they make it mandatory.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
The next person to mention riding the lighting gets to ride a sixer.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Going from a Marine Corps base over to a Navy base was night and day with how much more the Navy enforced social distancing and wearing masks.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Sad King Billy posted:

Oh they are. I'm irritated that the BBC has cancelled their entire schedule to replace it with back to back Phillip tributes and new reports.

Yesterday was awful. All the BBC radio stations played the same news footage over and over,

Tributes to what? "Managed to be a belligerent racist overprivileged rear end in a top hat longer than anyone else"?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Jefferson Davis chair saga has ended.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

And MDC a decade before that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkxe2SyK5EY

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Is there a difference today - between police and the KKK?
Honestly, how could you tell?
And just for you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoyusTUFdl0

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Midjack posted:

District Attorney Michael Jackson posted:

"The suspects will have a theft charge and an extortion charge put on them in Selma. The best story written since Hamlet is coming to a close."

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Flying_Crab posted:

I don’t hate this idea. Small military branch (possibly a third strictly National Guard aligned branch for Title 32 v. Title 10 reasons?) fully under UCMJ that handles armed LE stuff only to the extent absolutely necessary such as violent felonies, active shooter situations, major event security, etc. but does not respond to calls that don’t ordinarily require an armed response. The FBI can stay in their current investigative/CI role. All other normal state/local LE duties are replaced by social/medical workers, parking checkers or unarmed state investigators. etc.

Now how do we do this with rotational duty so the people who actually want that responsibility and authority are excluded from it?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Handsome Ralph posted:

Yeah gently caress the both of 'em, I hope the LT makes bank out of this and those two cops are out of a job over it.

Seriously, jesus loving christ.

Those cops know they have bodycams / vehicle cams recording them and this is the conduct they think is the right way to go?

This is a perfect example of that systemic bullshit.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Midjack posted:

Should have destroyed it gently caress letting them get their lovely monuments back.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Those cops know they have bodycams / vehicle cams recording them and this is the conduct they think is the right way to go?

They don't care. They didn't even bother to stop killing unarmed poc for a whole week during massive nationwide (and international) protests. It's loving crazy and I honestly don't see how it's gonna stop.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

DurosKlav posted:

Should have destroyed it gently caress letting them get their lovely monuments back.

I would return it.
In pieces, in feces.

Also, thanks for introducing me to MDC.

I recently introduced my daughter (who loves SVU) and some younger friends to the moral panic of 'Cop Killer' by Body Count.

Conversation with my daughter.
"Do you recognize the voice?"
"Wait, is this Detective Finn?"
"Yep."
"How the gently caress does he play a cop?"

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Honestly, they probably harass and bully all local POC to the point where they are afraid to report them. Who cares if Johnny down the block files a complaint, just Officers Billy Bob and Jimbo to put the fear of god in him to recant.

The 2LT was passing through, therefore the cops probably didn’t think anything would come back around to them until they realized he was going to be out of their jurisdiction to abuse their power further to cover up the incident.

While it sucks it happened to this kid, I’m glad he’s ok and hopefully shine the light of the corruption and abuse of power while getting a paycheck out of it.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

How the hell is the USMC making the vaccine optional. The very idea of an optional marine medical procedure is blowing my mind. I had at least two experimental vaccines stuck in me that didn't have any real medical purpose and I'm pretty sure I didn't have a choice in those. Is the commandant a 5g chud or something?

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
It blows my mind that the military is making it optional. They forced anyone who joins to get so many vaccines. Why is this the one they aren’t forcing non people??

Also gently caress those cops. There was zero deescalation happening there.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Maybe the marines know something we don't!

The macaroni and cheese ones don't actually taste like mac and cheese

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

At AT this week I encountered a Covid non-believer. The whole time I was thinking, “what do you think killed half a million people last year,” but at this point I just don’t have the energy to argue with morons.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Richard Bong posted:

It blows my mind that the military is making it optional. They forced anyone who joins to get so many vaccines. Why is this the one they aren’t forcing non people??

Because we don't have flu shot numbers of vaccines RN.

As soon as we go full supply I'm betting it'll be a 💯 thing.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Retrowave Joe posted:

At AT this week I encountered a Covid non-believer. The whole time I was thinking, “what do you think killed half a million people last year,” but at this point I just don’t have the energy to argue with morons.

the "answer" is those people don't exist because they don't know any of of them personally. FYGM

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Also I just fake excitedly tell people i can finally wake my dead grandma from being dead when they talking about denial or not getting a vaccine.

At least shames/shocks people into shutting up about their dumb "beliefs" as if a disease gives a poo poo what you believe.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

lol they'll never believe it. Your grandma didn't exist will be their take.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Richard Bong posted:

It's apparently a legal thing.

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2021/03/24/lawmakers-call-on-biden-to-make-covid-vaccines-mandatory-for-the-military/

quote:

Because the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved the vaccines under an emergency-use authorization, the military brass cannot mandate the shots like they do with influenza jabs and other inoculations, although each service has embarked on a social media campaign encouraging troops to get vaccinated when their number is called.

It will be manda-loving-tory as soon as it leaves the EUA phase when Phase IV is complete.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Milo and POTUS posted:

lol they'll never believe it. Your grandma didn't exist will be their take.

It's already worked whether they believe me or not.

People don't know how to react to you nuking your dead grandma to tell them to shut the gently caress up.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

Richard Bong posted:

It blows my mind that the military is making it optional. They forced anyone who joins to get so many vaccines.

You cannot force a EUA (emergency use authorization) vaccine. Even in the military. Until the vaccine receives full approval by the FDA it is volunteer only.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Milo and POTUS posted:

Oh the takes from the soggy island prison fortress potato peeler-crime island are coming in very hot lately friend. All it took is one old geezer croaking and they're showing their true colours :mmmhmm:

FTFY
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=potato+peeler+stabbing+UK

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/BostonGlobe/status/1381001539033174020?s=19

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Authority figure molesters being covered for is a Boston pastime

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

Lol "she has outlasted 12 us presidents"

....like, yeah. That's how term limits work

maybe they meant "12 US presidents have died during her lifetime", that is factual I just checked the list starts with Taft

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

Honestly, they probably harass and bully all local POC to the point where they are afraid to report them. Who cares if Johnny down the block files a complaint, just Officers Billy Bob and Jimbo to put the fear of god in him to recant.

The 2LT was passing through, therefore the cops probably didn’t think anything would come back around to them until they realized he was going to be out of their jurisdiction to abuse their power further to cover up the incident.

While it sucks it happened to this kid, I’m glad he’s ok and hopefully shine the light of the corruption and abuse of power while getting a paycheck out of it.

Down south, they're not limited to just hassling POC. It's certainly a strong preference, but they will absolutely turn the eye of sauron on anyone who crosses them, with impunity.

Washington shmashington, the county sheriff now that's a man who can destroy you.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
ftp

acab

smdftb

tyvm

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

shame on an IGA posted:

Down south, they're not limited to just hassling POC. It's certainly a strong preference, but they will absolutely turn the eye of sauron on anyone who crosses them, with impunity.

Washington shmashington, the county sheriff now that's a man who can destroy you.

Yeah a southern state county sheriff is an elected king basically, they do what they want, when they want, and answer to no-one. It's the ultimate power-trip position. They love to gently caress up POC, and look out for them in order to try to intimidate them, but if you cross them it doesn't matter your skin color, they'll gently caress you up just the same, since there's basically no oversight into how county sheriffs run poo poo, since they're not a police department per se, they're "lawmen".

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
I have a cousin in Georgia who had to move because of that. He took a handyman job for the sheriff's mother in law, who proceeded to not pay him on completion. He tried to take her to small claims court not knowing who she was, and the deputies then showed up every Friday to arrest him for "harassment" of the mother in law. After a couple months of weekends in jail, they sold their house and moved. The south is a hole and I don't understand why anyone would want to live there.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Max weighed in on the Marines turning down COVID vaccinations.

https://twitter.com/TerminalLance/status/1381033436089999365

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

facialimpediment posted:

Max weighed in on the Marines turning down COVID vaccinations.

https://twitter.com/TerminalLance/status/1381033436089999365

https://twitter.com/TerminalLance/status/1380944891291652097