Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

mdemone posted:

Nelson appears competent but not particularly well-prepared or shrewd. His client just has no avenues of defense, which tends to make a defense attorney look like a butthead.
This seems the most likely. Chauvin plead not guilty thinking that the establishment would have his back, it doesn't, and now Nelson is forced to make all these meal mouthed well-technically-he-might-have-sort-of-could-have-maybe arguments hoping that one of them will stick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
The entire expert witness industry, whether they be forensic pathologists or firearms experts, is incredibly shady and mostly boils down to "if you pay me X amount of money, I'll testify that, in my expert opinion, Y is theoretically possible". You're always going to be able to find someone in any given field who will tell a jury whatever you want to be true in exchange for money.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Hello new Facebook banner image

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Defense is allowed to ask for any sentencing they want, might as well try to shoot the moon with "well, he's been in prison for like a month, that's enough, right?"