Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Delysid
Jul 31, 2003

need another damn shooter
A friend's Facebook was hacked (and deleted she says), it had the primary email contact changed from k*******@yahoo.com (heh) to k********@hotmail.com (double heh) and she didn't have her phone number on there for account recovery.

When I try to submit a report to say "my friend's account was hacked" all it does is give a link for her to report her account as compromised that she's supposed to use herself. But then.... They don't seem to give a poo poo about the email she's been using on there for 14 years and they will only offer account recovery options to the new hacked hotmail thing and I can't find anything that leads to "my friend's poo poo got hacked and weirdly deleted/de-activated".)

There has to be a way to navigate this situation; she could have 10 people vouch for her actual email address but she's at a dead end it seems and I'd rather ask the goon squad than keep dicking around on Facebook. If there is a proper channel to use there that I'm missing let me know; I've only spent 10 minutes or so clicking around but the bottom line is that

HALP... Thanks!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU