Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!
The conditions and treatment of migrants at the US southern border are horrifying and unacceptable. How about we give some support to good immigration and refugee charities and make a little positive difference? Let's do a charity drive for the month of April!

Here are a few well-regarded charities that support refugees and migrants, if there are other suggestions in the thread I'll edit to add them:

RAICES - Refugee And Immigrant Center for Education and legal Services - https://www.raicestexas.org/ways-to-give/donate/

Young Center for Immigrant Children's Rights - https://www.theyoungcenter.org/donate

IRAP - International Refugee Assistance Project - https://refugeerights.org/donate

PRIZES
-All donations will get a gang tag! If you have graphics chops and want to submit some options, please post those and the thread can pick one or a couple. Hopefully we can settle on a gang tag or two over the Easter weekend (April 3-4)?
-Donations over $50 get an avatar change of their choice.

Post a screenshot of your donation and I'll add you to the contributor list here in the OP. Thanks for helping out!

Contributors:
Fritz the Horse ($50 RAICES)
Owlspiracy ($25 RAICES)
Cloaked ($50 RAICES)
ManBoyChef

Running total: $125 to migrant/refugee supporting charities. Thank you so much!
While it might feel abstract, you really are making a difference. :)

Fritz the Horse fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Apr 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!
I gave $50 to RAICES earlier this afternoon which kinda sparked this idea, so to get things started--

(the $1.83 extra is to cover the transaction fees, you can toggle an option)

I don't need a new av, happy with this one

Owlspiracy
Nov 4, 2020

navigation
Sep 30, 2009
sure. I dunno what the contribution ID is so I blacked that out too.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

I dont have much but what is happening at the border really bothers me.

Aww shucks I didnt take a pictuer of my donation

ManBoyChef fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Apr 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

ManBoyChef posted:

I dont have much but what is happening at the border really bothers me.

Aww shucks I didnt take a pictuer of my donation

You should get a confirmation email. I'll go ahead and put you in the OP anyway!