Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
has anyone ever had this happen to you? i would post this in some dedicated paranormal space, but they’re all full of anti-semites, Q-balls, and reactionary crackpots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
i was trying to figure out why this would happen now, of all days. then I realized: it is actually haloween in the south hemisphere. very sneaky but i cracked the code.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yep my phones make an odd noise now and then. its not any ringtone i have set. there are no notifications. just this little dee doop. I assume its the NSA tracking software.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

dude! it was exactly that! you know the one!

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i'm so setting a microphone up and trying to catch it

pram
Jun 10, 2001
this noise?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNz4XtZ-XMs&t=495s

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

would you say your phone made an unexpected

beep

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

yeah, it was that one

Captain Foo posted:

would you say your phone made an unexpected

beep

jonny knows. it’s that one android noise that happens when you plug a device in to charge. in my youth, at 32, I foolishly bought a galaxy tab 7+ with Android 3.2: Honeycomb, and I’ll always remember that noise.

i swear to christ this happened. it was literally an android noise coming out of my stock daily driver iphone.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yes. it's the "Hello" one in that video.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

oh. sorry pram. got caught lying because i falsely implied i watched the video. I’m telling the truth about other stuff tho.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
are you sure it wasn’t just a fart?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
God drat it i figured mine out

it was the "new email" notification.

but the endpoint software on my work phone bars emails from showing up on the notif screen, for sec reasons. and i dont like, read email on my phone like some sort of loser. so i had no idea what was triggering it.

Mystery solved here. beep i'm confident you can figure this one out too!

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
I get stoked when my my iPhone says “hello, moto”

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
DROOOOOOIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDD

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
im hoping it didn't make that noise in public.

that would be embarrassing.

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
did it sound like a fart?

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xErzPdEUUxw

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZuQko04kXk

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i’ve already explained the noise. it wasn’t a fart or a ringtone.

please stop shitposting itt. this isn’t a joke or w/e. a truly fortian event happened to me and I thought yospos would appreciate it not make me the butt of jokes and whhatnot!

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

President Beep posted:

i’ve already explained the noise. it wasn’t a fart or a ringtone.

please stop shitposting itt. this isn’t a joke or w/e. a truly fortian event happened to me and I thought yospos would appreciate it not make me the butt of jokes and whhatnot!

p sure that time has passed

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

wow who let roger bacon’s brazen head in here?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

President Beep posted:

wow who let roger bacon’s brazen head in here?

so you're saying that my answer was correct

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

:negative:

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
hate it when I'm tryin to mack on a lady and my phone makes the android noise. She gets all disgusted.

"green text plebe!"

I try to explain that my iphone just does that sometimes and that it happens to everyone. but it's too late

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

did it say "DROID" like an old motorola?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i’m going public with this. I don’t know what is going on but it’s time for the world to know. democracy dies in the dark.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

President Beep posted:

i’m going public with this. I don’t know what is going on but it’s time for the world to know. democracy dies in the dark.

:discourse:

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
I can't believe that obungler would do that to our big beautiful american iphones :argh:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

President Beep posted:

looool

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

i made 'the android noise' when i w as sitting on the toilet aftter my morning coffee

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

President Beep posted:

I assume with a story this big they got back to you straight away

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
going on a date tonight. If all goes to plan we'll be making the android noise with two backs

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Set it to vibrate. Finish yourself off

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

President Beep posted:

bought a galaxy tab 7+ with Android 3.2: Honeycomb

:aochloe:

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
:sever:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

no word back from those hacks at the times. they’re obviously compromised. who else should i hit up?

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

beep go on trueanon

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

it was actually an underwater ice quake OP

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

beep go on trueanon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Gentle Autist posted:

it was actually an underwater ice quake OP

mods namechange to “President bloop” tia