Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
This is a thread where artists and designers can choose to display their commission status and portfolios. Potential clients can use this as a jumping off point for goon commissions.

FAQ for people who would like to COMMISSION, PURCHASE, or REQUEST art

How do I get into contact with an artist?

Read their post. They will have included their preferred means of contact. Generally speaking, you will probably contact them via forums PMs or email.

What are their rates?

You'll have to ask the artist, preferably in the PM, DM, or email you send them. Rates will not be displayed in this thread.

Can I ask them for free stuff?

No! Be prepared to pay them for their time, resources, and labor.

Are there any exceptions to the above things?

One and only one! If you would like to request a piece of art for the forums—gang tags, an avatar, a banner ad, and so forth—you may post an open request in this thread.

How do I request free forums art?

Make a post in this thread. Include a brief statement of what you're looking for (gang tag, av etc), and why. Include a link to the relevant thread if one exists. You may get a bite, you may not. If you don't, please don't ask again. If an artist does volunteer to do this for you, be gracious.

If you want forums art from a specific artist, the procedure is the same for commissions and purchases. Contact the artist via their preferred means. They may still ask for payment. Remember, YOU hit THEM up and asked them for their time. They didn't volunteer it.

How heavily moderated will this thread be?

Very! Treat interactions with our artists and designers like a professional engagement. Don't be an rear end, don't act entitled.

Can I contact more than one artist about my commission/project?

Please contact one artist at a time and wait for their response before contacting other artists. There are situations, I'm sure, where common sense dictates that it's fine to contact multiple artists at once. What I do NOT want to happen is for someone to spam every single artist with their commission.

Can I offer to compensate an artist with exposure?

No! Your social media following does not pay an artist's bills.

FAQ for people who would like to SELL or DONATE art, or ACCEPT COMMISSIONS

First of all, thank you so much for sharing you work with this thread and the community! This is really your thread, so please let me know how I can make it better.

What should I include in my post?

• A few high quality images or videos of the type(s) of art you're willing to do on commission.
  • Contact information. Forums PMs are okay, or you may provide some other means of contacting you.
  • Your commission status (open or closed).
  • A link to your website/social media, though this isn't required, of course.
  • Any other info you think would be helpful or illuminating, preferably in one short paragraph. An example might be something like: let's say you know your work takes a very long time to do. You could let potential clients know to plan for a longer timeline. Stuff like that. Another example might be an artist bio if you think it would better contextualize your work.

The may be some crossover here with SA-Mart, so feel free to include any relevant links from there, too. The main purpose of this thread is to aggregate goon artists who are willing to accept commissions or requests for forums art.

What shouldn't I include in my post?

:siren:Don't include rates or prices :siren:

This rule was suggested to me by community members and it makes sense for a lot of reasons, so we're going with it for now. If someone wants to know the cost of something, they need to contact the individual artist.

All regular forums rules apply. Don't include any information you don't want some random goon to potentially have.

Also, and this is more of a suggestion, probably don't include images or descriptions of things that you are not willing/able to do for commission.

Miscellaneous rules and suggestions

If you temporarily close your commissions, it's fine to simply note it in your post. If you know that you will not be accepting commissions on SA in the future, please blank out your post so no one gets confused.

Per the rules in the previous section, it's explicitly okay for people to post requests for free forums art in this thread. You can ignore it if you don't want to do it. If/when an artist decides to provide this free forums art, the discussion should quickly move out of this thread so that it doesn't become cluttered. It's fine if it takes a couple posts to work things out.

Please post in this thread or PM me (or hit me up on Discord if you're in one of our mutual servers) if there is something you think I should add!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I'm a artist what does the arts!

I also do logos, too, but my wheelhouse is portraits and character art. If you like what you see above but you're maybe not totally convinced and think maybe you'd like to see some more, you can check out my portfolio here:

http://phylodox.com

I also designed the website because I am a modern Renaissance man.

If you think you'd like to get arts from me, you can PM me here or use the contact form on my website!

My commissions are currently OPEN.

Phylodox fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Jun 1, 2021

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Hi! I'm readingatwork. I mainly work in black and white making stuff that looks like this:

But I've recently started working in color these days as well.

I mostly do comics and illustrations but I'm open for whatever. I can be reached via PMs or by email at 2cscommissions (at) gmail (dot) com.

You can see more of my work here and follow me on twitter here.

I also started a comic recently that will be going live soon. For now I have a thread for it here.

I am currently [CLOSED] for commissions but will probably be open again soon after I get a couple projects done and work calms the f**** down.

readingatwork fucked around with this message at 15:01 on May 7, 2021

NAG
Jul 13, 2009

- -

I'm Nag and I draw digital portraits in a painterly style.

Turnaround for a portrait is about one week, longer if changes are requested.

Up-front PayPal payments only.

You can contact me here via PM or find me on the GoonArt discord, where I am more active.

Commissions are currently [ CLOSED ].

NAG fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jun 21, 2021

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

"Quetzalcoatl, the Feathered Serpent" For Sale, A4 sized.

My name is Keetron and I do watercolors for fun. Sometimes I make a piece that I feel should not be in my closet but should be on someones wall.

There is no skill in any portrait I do, be it of partner, pet or player character so it makes no sense to offer commissions. If the OP is cool with it, I will update this post with pieces I have for sale.
Check out my website for more stuff I did so that if you really want me to paint or draw something you can actually hang on your wall, at least you know what you are getting yourself into: https://catropy.com

All work is done in light fast watercolors (Daniel Smith or Schmincke) on unbleached 100% cotton watercolor paper, meaning it will last forever.

Contact me here or on keetron - catropy.com, I take paypal and EU bank (sepa) transfers.