Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Rarity posted:

Can we get a picture of the box like structure? And what did a Nigerian Drum Pit match turn out to be?
The box like structure was a giant jack in the box, so it was literally a box. And the Nigerian Drum Pit Match was just a bunch of kendo sticks for whatever reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

i can confirm that wwe fans i know were super into apollo vs big e, because of weapons or something idk. "hard hitting"

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Shoenin posted:

Alexa was never the best wrestler, at best inofensive but she tried at least and I dont recall her being a loving hazard like Nia.
She was always pretty drat good on the mic though. Shame about this ridiculous bullshit though.

She was okay in the ring and if it wasn't for Nia and Ronda scrambling her like an egg she probably would have gotten better over time.

She was drat good on the mic though and did really good character work, and she had great facial expressions. She really needs to get away from this Fiend bullshit asap.

Rarity posted:

And what did a Nigerian Drum Pit match turn out to be?

A street fight that had drums and a gong at ringside.

They started the fight with kendo sticks and the camera cuts during the kendo stick segments almost gave ma seizure.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Rarity posted:

Can we get a picture of the box like structure? And what did a Nigerian Drum Pit match turn out to be?

https://streamable.com/frsib2

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

*me playing ck3 all day*: hmm wonder what happened on mania night 2

ah I see bray did not fail to gently caress up everything

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

someone said in the live thread that randy should've just rko'd him when he jumped off the box to get in the ring and i think it would've been my favorite match on the card if all that leadup was for a match over in five seconds

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
It really felt like Asuka and Ripley had no chemistry. They are definitely capable of better, sometimes two perfectly fine wrestlers just don't gel.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
asuka and ripley was one of those matches where it just felt like neither of the two people deserved losing the match. at least asuka didn't bow to rhea for the pleasure of having the match with her like she did with charlotte

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Armitage posted:

It really felt like Asuka and Ripley had no chemistry. They are definitely capable of better, sometimes two perfectly fine wrestlers just don't gel.

I saw someone mention that a chain on Rhea's corset broke super early so she may have been terrified (rightfully) of wardrobe malfunction. Unfortunate if true, but seems a big oversight for your gear!

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Given the amount of pedophiles that are in and have been inWWE, I absolutely despise Bliss’ “sexy child” gimmick.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
The Jericho interview is loving awesome. I highly recommend watching it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

lmao

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the small child character portrayed by Alexis Kaufman is one of the most off-putting things ever created by Vince McMahon right next to his offspring. i've gotten them by saying this

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

i know that wwe wrestler power levels fluctuate, but the fiend went from "literally unstoppable, can absorb 10x your finisher and kick out" to "one finisher loss at mania" in remarkably short time

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Break down of Night 2 Wrestle Kingdom vs. Wrestlemania

First: I am shocked (in general) about how short the matches were both nights. The Triple threat was the longest match of both nights and it wasn't even close (Sasha and Bianca got 17 minutes)
Second: From the end of the US title match to the start of the Triple Threat almost a loving hour elapsed, that is loving atrocious
Third: Only 41% of a 3:22:14 show was wrestling, what, the, gently caress

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

My personal opinion of WWE WrestleMania is that it sounds like WWE's WrestleMania delivered two days worth of action-packed, edge-of-your-seat sports entertainment programming with unparalleled production values featuring world-famous WWE Superstars

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Rhea and Asuka just never kicked into gear. They've both had better matches and are both really good, but sometimes stuff doesn't click. It was fine, just a little disappointing.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
After a second viewing it really looks like Alexa is channeling Kylie Rae here (minus the creepy childlike attire)

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
So lemme get this straight: Roman wins lol. Asuka loses a match she has no business losing to a tall blonde lady. Gotta get all the HEEEAAAT.

The natural order is finally restored.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

so asuka and sasha are both winless at wrestlemania, yeah?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Procrastinator posted:

so asuka and sasha are both winless at wrestlemania, yeah?

Sasha is zero and six at 'mania now!

Cerebral Bore posted:

So lemme get this straight: Roman wins lol. Asuka loses a match she has no business losing to a tall blonde lady. Gotta get all the HEEEAAAT.

The natural order is finally restored.

Honestly Rhea was the right choice to win that. Asuka hasn't been booked well in a long while (she hasn't even defended the title since November) and Rhea needed a big win to build her back up again. I like Asuka more but Rhea was definitely the better choice this time.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
How about this: an NXT graduate winning the championship at mania on her first try with no build up is gonna make her reign hollow and undeserved

Christ, at least they built bianca up to be this insanely powerful wrestler over the course of several months and she won the rumble

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Having not watched any wwe programming, really, for a long time, my first thought on Alexa's entrance was that it kinda reminded me of some of the wackier women's wrestling gimmicks in Japan. Alexa's whole bit, before she does any fiend stuff, just comes off as a western take on a magical girl wrestler. Which oof, that's a tough sell.

Then the fiend poo poo happens and I'm just lost. And sad.

WM needed more Slapjack.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Codependent Poster posted:

Rhea and Asuka just never kicked into gear. They've both had better matches and are both really good, but sometimes stuff doesn't click. It was fine, just a little disappointing.

It's definitely the Shinsuke vs Styles WM disappointment match as someone said earlier.

So D-Bry helps put on what was leading up to be a banger of a match, he's running on borrowed time, and what exactly does he get from this other than money? No one comes out of that match looking good.

loving :lol:

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Vandar posted:

Honestly Rhea was the right choice to win that. Asuka hasn't been booked well in a long while (she hasn't even defended the title since November) and Rhea needed a big win to build her back up again. I like Asuka more but Rhea was definitely the better choice this time.

Except all of this is a problem that WWE created for themselves and throwing the title on someone brand new with no build doesn't fix it, it just devalues the title and makes Asuka look like a chump again.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Cerebral Bore posted:

Except all of this is a problem that WWE created for themselves and throwing the title on someone brand new with no build doesn't fix it, it just devalues the title and makes Asuka look like a chump again.

I mean, the WWE makes everyone look like a chump, so... :shrug:

Rhea's not brand new either, she was on 'mania last year against Charlotte. It sucks that there was no build, but under the circumstances, as bad as they are, I feel like Rhea was the better option here.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Rhea Ripley’s “title chase” is the worst storyline template in wrestling and WWE seems to run some version of it every couple of years.

Asuka got done dirty, but Big E losing got the biggest groan of the night outta me.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Vandar posted:

Rhea's not brand new either, she was on 'mania last year against Charlotte. It sucks that there was no build, but under the circumstances, as bad as they are, I feel like Rhea was the better option here.

They've literally got three hours every goddamn week to get a build going but instead choose to fill it up with dumb and meaningless poo poo. This is not like AEW having too little TV time for too many stories, the circumstances here are entirely self-inflicted.

But leaving that aside the story is still bad here. If Asuka has just been treading water with no title defenses and Rhea can just show up all of a sudden and get a title match and win it then what does it say about the RAW women's division? Wouldn't this imply that the rest of the roster are such chumps that they're not even worthy of challenging Asuka, except she's also such a chump that someone can just waltz in and beat her. It's burying the entire division and it doesn't get Rhea over either because all she's proven in kayfabe is that she's better than a bunch of losers.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

cesaro losing to roman in a month will be sad

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

a cyborg mug posted:

My personal opinion of WWE WrestleMania is that it sounds like WWE's WrestleMania delivered two days worth of action-packed, edge-of-your-seat sports entertainment programming with unparalleled production values featuring world-famous WWE Superstars

Honestly night 1 was really fun overall, even if a lot of the matches were stupid, night 2 was bad and boring though

Cerebral Bore posted:

To be frank with how badly WWE mismanages their Women's Division most of the time I honestly think it'd be better if WWE didn't even bother and just shuttered it

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Minidust posted:

Asuka got done dirty, but Big E losing got the biggest groan of the night outta me.

The new Intercontinental Title looks so awful that I can't be bothered to care about it at all.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Cerebral Bore posted:

They've literally got three hours every goddamn week to get a build going but instead choose to fill it up with dumb and meaningless poo poo. This is not like AEW having too little TV time for too many stories, the circumstances here are entirely self-inflicted.

But leaving that aside the story is still bad here. If Asuka has just been treading water with no title defenses and Rhea can just show up all of a sudden and get a title match and win it then what does it say about the RAW women's division? Wouldn't this imply that the rest of the roster are such chumps that they're not even worthy of challenging Asuka, except she's also such a chump that someone can just waltz in and beat her. It's burying the entire division and it doesn't get Rhea over either because all she's proven in kayfabe is that she's better than a bunch of losers.

I mean, to be quite frank, the rest of the Raw women's division ARE a bunch of chumps.

Alexa's caught up in the Fiend story, Becky is out with the baby, Lacey is pregnant, Charlotte isn't pregnant (honestly I have no doubt there was a plan there to have Charlotte go up against Asuka and take the belt until the non-pregnant stuff and the Andrade stuff happened). Who does that leave?

Dana, Mandy, Peyton, and Lana are all losers. Mickie can't event get a spot on Main Event, Nikki might as well not even exist, and Naomi is being punished for being over and popular.

I'm not trying to say the Asuka/Rhea match was good. I'm not even trying to defend the lovely build to it. I'm just saying...at least Rhea has been treated like a legit threat at times in the past (at least when Charlotte's not involved), and at least she's known as a former NXT champion which usually carries a great deal of weight with it. If Asuka had kept the belt tonight, she would most certainly be continued to be booked badly and end up dropping to Charlotte whenever she comes back. At least Rhea getting the title is something different for once. :shrug:

Though, I honestly don't even know why I'm so worked up about this lol. The WWE is poo poo and we all know it. At the very least, Rhea getting the belt will get us some new matchups we haven't seen yet, I'd hope.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
It's nice that you retain some spirit of optimism I guess, but why exactly would they book Rhea any better than Asuka when we already know that they don't give a gently caress?

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
because rhea is tall and blonde and speaks english without an accent

edit: i should add, without a non-english speaker accent

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

rhea is going to be handled really well until her roots grow out too much

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

So the opening to this until we cut back to the arena has identical production values to a Series 3 episode of Red Dwarf.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Shinjobi posted:

Having not watched any wwe programming, really, for a long time, my first thought on Alexa's entrance was that it kinda reminded me of some of the wackier women's wrestling gimmicks in Japan. Alexa's whole bit, before she does any fiend stuff, just comes off as a western take on a magical girl wrestler. Which oof, that's a tough sell.

Then the fiend poo poo happens and I'm just lost. And sad.

Even that's giving it too much credit, because magical girl joshi are at least still a) a gimmick about (kitschy) female empowerment tropes and b) a method to get across the agency and ability of the wrestler in question.

Magic Alexa has no agency because she's entirely built as a supporting character to whatever Bray is doing, and Magic Alexa doesn't wrestle. She's had two matches since starting this gimmick two and a half months ago and both were built around weird pretape tricks, the latter of which was a Randy Orton match that involved poo poo like magically dropping parts of the lighting rig on him or making things explode into balls of flame.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I think there is a place for a character analogous to a "magical girl" type in western wrestling, you'd just have to be really careful about how you pitch it to avoid it seeming, not to be blunt, weird and creepy.

For some reason where my mind lands is with a sort of Anne Of Green Gables / Pippi Longstocking character. Pure heart, lots of moxie and gumption, kind of easily tricked by people.

I might have just reinvented NXT Bayley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Wait, so Daniel Bryan didn't win in a feel good moment of the year? He was inserted pointlessly into a match you say?

Who could have seen this coming