Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The problem with the "call it in the ring" WWE does, is the person usually calling it is in the back, relaying it to the ref via earpiece, who then tells the wrestlers what to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Vandar posted:

No way Peyton sticks around when her contract is up. Her bestie is gone and her husband is in AEW, I can see her leaving the first chance she gets.

AEW should and probably will make a move on Mickie. She's still good in the ring and she has a ton to offer backstage.

Mickie's also married to Nick Aldis, so I can see her doing a spell in the NWA

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Conrad_Birdie posted:

No loving way

https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=145937

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Vandar posted:

Joe doesn't even have to wrestle. He's great on commentary and he could absolutely get a Taz-like role leading a team of big bruisers around.

God, everyone who's turned down Team Taz ends up joining Team Joe

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Memnaelar posted:

Pretty classy how they did Chelsea Green. I mean, even moreso than the rest.

I've mentioned this before, but they fired Test while he was out with a broken neck. When he asked what he was supposed to do for an income, WWE (and I believe it might have even been Johnny Ace) told him "Should've saved your money."

They did hire him back once he was healed.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

StarkRavingMad posted:

hahah Velveteen Dream is trending right now because of all the posts saying "You released all those people and kept Velveteen Dream??"

I also see people bringing up Jaxson Ryker as well

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1382785795476525056?s=20

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

2) Firing a bunch of people during a plague for the second time in 366 days (and the same day as a year ago) isn't funny, two actors who pride themselves on appearing big and tough being too big of actual drama queens to film their part of a scene being in the same room as each other is hilarious. I know which I'd rather talk about when I need to laugh

It is very wrestling-like. You've got the guy the whole thing is built around (Vin), then a new guy comes in and threatens his spot (Rock), so there's bad blood between them.

One of the movies should end with Vin about to kill the bad guy, only for the director to interrupt on screen, and put the Rock in Vin's place instead, giving him the heroic ending

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Lamuella posted:

I'm entirely certain this happened.

Reminds me of the 1974 film of The Towering Inferno, where both Steve McQueen and Paul Newman had a clause in their contract guaranteeing them top billing in the film.

So how the producers got round this was to have their names appear on the same card in the titles sequence, arranged diagonally with McQueen's name bottom left and Newman's name top right.

There was also the story that they both had to have the exact same number of lines of dialogue.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

BGrifter posted:

Who’s the funniest person Disney/Amazon/whatever could hire to run a newly acquired WWE?

Cornette.

Better answer: License it out to Tony Khan

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Kunabomber posted:

it's the stuff they play on the speakers when a wrestler makes an entrance

Michael Hayes invented it!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Shine posted:

It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1385405740593029126?s=20

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/MariaLKanellis/status/1385415989597294592?s=20

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

I don't know who that is

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Pylons posted:

Yeah, this is a company that insists everyone wear a suit backstage.

Except for John Cena and The Undertaker, because, you know, gotta protect those gimmicks!

(also think CM Punk successfully lobbied not to have to wear a suit as well)

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Last week: fired black haired Australian woman wrestler
This week: hired black haired Australian woman wrestler

https://twitter.com/stephdelander/status/1385701405953044480?s=20

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Kunabomber posted:

https://twitter.com/WWEAleister/status/1385767162024022016?s=20

I guess they're gonna switch things up with Aleister

Edit: ah poo poo, I didn't watch the latest Smackdown

"I'm Aleister Black. Author. Dreamweaver. Visionary. Plus Wrestler. You're about to enter the world of my imagination. You are entering my Darkplace."

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

There's also the fact that Taker was a 6 foot 9 impressive specimen, and Aleister Black is just ... some guy. Same problem with Bray Wyatt. Chubby dude in a Hawaiian shirt is not awe inspiring

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1387137622653345794?s=20

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

It’s a confession for a lot of them but it’s primarily them co-opting a common sense issue for their bullshit theories so people who oppose them look like they’re FOR human trafficking.

It’s the kind of thing you think will work if you’re an extremely stupid person.

:hmmyes:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Thought this pic was cute:

https://twitter.com/80sWrestling_/status/1387927349275025412?s=20

Until I realized that the "Tatanka" is wearing one of the WWE "Penny" tag belts. Which means this is a fairly recent pic. Which means the most recent gimmick on here is Razor Ramon.

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Apr 30, 2021

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

WWE in talks with MLW regarding a partnership and sending unused NXT talent their way for "experience"

WWE really, really wants Jacob Fatu

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

As long as Total Bellas is still a thing, I can't see Bryan leaving.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1390798358449573897?s=20

I can't even with this picture. Is Rey high?!?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Wazzu posted:

I can't believe shows like this, with a premise of "we might find cool stuff" that last multiple seasons where each episode goes "alas, well, maybe next time!".

8 seasons of people searching and being cold on a lovely 57ha island off Nova Scotia?!?!?

Is it better than those ghost hunting shows that swear they found ghosts when ghosts don't exist?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Saul Goode posted:

Is the implication that they set the business back 30 years because of the obviously gimmicked fall and up until now wrestling fans still believed that Shane McMahon was legitimately diving off various tall structures? Because I can totally believe WWE higher ups thinking nobody had figured out crash mats until now.

No, they implication is the level of violence the blood, the chair shots, is what set wrestling bad. It's the same argument that was used when ECW became popular (which they would then copy)

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Lamuella posted:

I mean they had a match last year where you won by putting your opponent's eye out.

Ssh; you're not to mention things they've done.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Jiro posted:

That cameo is the loving best, Patton Oswalt playing a more haphazard version of Patton Oswalt is also the best. Goddamn that movie is so good.

"I just had the weirdest dream."
"You know you're driving, right?"

Thomas Lennon's delivery of that line might just be the greatest in film history.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1392894768917618689?s=20

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

oldpainless posted:

Has Natalya ever even won a title in her 17 years in wwe?

She's held both the Divas title and the Smackdown Women's title (once apiece)

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

Nattie Neidhart has about one thing in common with Malenko, she's a Second gen wrestler.

She's third gen, so she doesn't even have that in common with Malenko!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

THESE AREN'T EVEN NXT TITLES

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/1393368787282448386?s=20

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/PWInsidercom/status/1393625687781675017?s=20

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Dango Bango posted:

Bryan just made the point - Dominik and Rey are going to be defending and probably losing the tag titles on Father's Day.

Will Dominik turn on Rey during that match? And say he did it for his real father, Eddie Guerrero?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Draxion posted:

That sucks, Clemons was a good ref in AIW and I was happy to see him actually get a job doing it.

Probably fired Clemons so it wouldn't seem like they were targeted Drake specifically.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

A white guy doing martial arts? Vince is going find that HILARIOUS.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

quote:

Beyond the already reported cuts within World Wrestling Entertainment today, PWInsider.com can also report that a number of major international office staffers were let go today.

The story making the rounds is that WWE President Nick Khan, in another show of his growing power, will personally be overseeing those offices in order to keep them in closer alignment with WWE HQ here in the States.

As part of this process, Jay Rosenstock, WWE's Executive Vice President of International was let go. He came to WWE in October 2019 to overall all of the company's eight international regional managers, responsibilities that Khan will now handle.

I'll laugh if this somehow results in Khan wresting control of the WWE away from HHH & Steph in the end

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 00:35 on May 26, 2021

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

I honestly surprised that haven't inducted Gronk into the Hall of Fame yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

New Japan sends over Okada and Naito to so they can job to Titus O'Neil on Main Event, WWE calls Gillburg out of retirement to have him go over to New Japan, because no one else can be "spared".