Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Views? Unlikely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

It's just always amazing what WWE chooses to focus on for building characters (Fiend, Head of the table Roman) and everything else is "yeah I guess you're doing this for the next couple of weeks, sure".

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Someone post that NXT dude trying to look like Orange Cassidy

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

DeepDickPizza posted:

Man alive. I've seen and read recaps of some pretty terrible episodes of RAW, but reading that recap and watching those streamables? Holy gently caress, this has to be a top five all time worst episode, right? It was just like reading gut punch after gut punch of poor decision making.

It must be Monday.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

JUNGLE BOY posted:

https://twitter.com/KingRicochet/status/1391881925015506946?s=20

These guys are shooting and editing their own video packages now aren’t they

#noonecares

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Is Asuka's YouTube owned by WWE, or are they rightfully scared of telling her to stop?

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

dodgeblan posted:

I watched the Rhea, Charlotte Nikki thing and it was either written by a sabotage genius or a dying mind

¿Porque no los dos?

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

What was the last cool thing WWE have done?

Is it Bad Bunny?

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

coconono posted:

The fiend stuff has been cool imo. Its like if Bray Wyatt got a public access spot to do live action horror poo poo. I know everyone mocks it but I thought the fuckin box was cool. And they really started to get creative with their thunderdome space. Like Alexa's super magic. I don't know if they'll be able to pull that off live in front of audience, but it'll def help keeps eyes on the other awful boring stuff they also do(and think is more important).

Wrestling doesn't always have to be 15 minute technical exchanges between freak athletes. It can be a spooky swamp dude turned multiversal traveler turned childrens host turned turd monster(whew) or Alexa dropping a lighting rig on Randy Orton too.

I only saw clips, but right after the pandemic started, the Stone Cold "Tim & Eric-esque" interaction was really funny, so pairing that with some dumb Bray Wyatt poo poo would be really cool.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

I'm ready for the head of the table, THE BIG DAWG, Roman Reigns to bring mediocrity to the G1 Climax!

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

SalTheBard posted:

Would unironically own, except Silver is way more talented.

Yeah, no need for him to "transform" into a worse worker with knackered knees.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Karma Tornado posted:

Rico looking at that picture, watching Black fade away like Marty's parents

KUSHIDA is still with the company

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Happy Pride from the Dead Man!

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

That Lily poo poo is amazing (for all the wrong reasons) and I'm flabbergasted that they put that to end the show. Who is into this poo poo?

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Drakkel posted:

There's not a doubt in my mind they're just gonna make Piper into Girl Otis because gently caress this company.

I was thinking they are gonna turn her into Girl Eugene.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

It's one thing if you hire outside writers and try and write the show like a tv show.

Except those outside writers will be called nerds and then the script will be changed into just a really lovely wrestling show.

I'd be interested to see how long this writer sticks around.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

MJeff posted:

Peacock is eventually gonna get Seinfeld and Friends, I assume NBC will get the streaming rights to those SOMEHOW, it'll be fine.

Netflix will be getting Seinfeld sometime this year, while Friends is firmly on HBO Max.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

I imagine they cancelled her contract because they saw how vocal she already was, and didn't want her telling anyone how loving horrible and soul crushing it is to be a writer for the WWE.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Vince keeps wondering why Charlie Murphy won't return his calls

buddy MURPHY

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Cavauro posted:

luigi hurt his balls

"Mario! my balls!!"
"I know Luigi I sraw it!"

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

He's a Trump Stan and the boss happens to be best friends with Trump.

Ryker knows how to lick a good boot.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Gumball Gumption posted:

Absolutely wrong that the gimmick is for kids, everything on the show is for a dying old man. Young kids and dying old men just have a lot in common.

It's this

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

The Worthless Filler Era

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

So like, Drake is leaning super hard into this because he found Jesus and is trying real hard not to gently caress a kid, right?

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Steph's pitch for better ratings will be for her to emasculate and bury a well-liked talent every week, just like the good old days

Thanks to WWE booking, no one is well-liked any more.

Steph's pitch is to bring back the Authority, naturally.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Who even does the music for WWE right now anyways?

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Drakkel posted:

To be fair they've always been that way. Stone Cold and Mick Foley were almost Chilly McFreeze and The Mad Crimmer. I think nowadays talent have far less power to push back on the absolute clown names that get pushed on them, and in some cases the talent themselves come up with stupid names and WWE just lets them do it.

Who was that one dude with the bug gear that he was bragging about on twitter? Did he get fired?

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Dacap posted:

Joaquin Wilde? He’s a goon for Santos Escobar in NXT now

Yeah this is the one I was thinking.

Dacap posted:

Or was it Lio Rush?

Gah. I think I forced this out of my mind, ick.

Cavauro posted:

is that tattoo bunny ears or a scrotum that has the appearance of being flattened and hanging out due to the waistline of the tights

It's bunny ears made from a scrotum

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Digital Jedi posted:

PPV tonight with crowds!

Lid posted:

you made this up

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Is anyone watching the theoretical PPV tonight? And If not, what will you be doing with your Sunday instead?

My partner and I are rewatching Buffy, and I'll be cleaning guinea pig cages.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Maxwell Lord posted:

Pretty sure there’s a new Legends of Tomorrow so that followed by catching up on Loki probably

Hell yeah. Loki was dope. Going to Alamo Drafthouse for the first time since the pandemic to see Black Widow tomorrow.

bartok posted:

I've been on an Italian horror movie kick lately so going to search Tubi and Shudder for some hidden gems.

Any recommendations? I'm only really familiar with Argento's films.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Chris James 2 posted:

I enjoyed Black Widow, have fun! Florence Pugh's amazing

Some Italian horror I love on Shudder:
Knife+Heart
Short Night of Glass Dolls
The Red Queen Kills Seven Times
Torso
Your Vice is a Locked Room and Only I Have the Key

Don't Torture a Duckling is also incredible and available to stream free (with ads) on Vudu; Hatchet for the Honeymoon is also very good and you can stream that free (without ads) on Kanopy if you have a library card or college ID

DogsInSpace! posted:

You ever see films by Lucio Fulchi? Less artsy and more gore but a decent follow up if you like giallo. Mario Brava is still one of my favourites as well as being another icon of the scene. Lamberto Bava’s 1985 film Demons should be seen if you have even a slight interest in old horror; at least the motorcycle samurai chopping daemons to 80’s metal. Still one of my favourite endings outside of Evil Dead 2.

To put this back to wrestling: um… wwe… is poopy.

Thanks for the recommendations, I've see Zombi 2 some years ago, but I'll look into these.

Wonder what horrors that will be streamed live, on Peacock, tonight.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

They found Cena in a lockup in South Dakota.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

And it stunk

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Adam Cole with Moon Shoes would be unstoppable

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

They'll just use modern Superstars so they can try and promote the brand, and they can't make stars on Raw/Smackdown/NXT

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

They really love having people losing/gaining accents as "character development" huh?

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

bartok posted:

All I remember from those lovely Buffy comics was a lot of weird fetish poo poo involving Dawn.

Spike got a spaceship at some point. But yes it was very bad.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Drakkel posted:

Anyone ever read those Ultimate Warrior comics he wrote himself where he's like transcending reality and loving Santa Claus or whatever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Ganso Bomb posted:

So not only are they running Charlotte/Nikki back again for like the 3rd week in a row, it's all to lead to a triple threat match with the two of them and Rhea? Such immaculate story telling!

Is RAW and Smackdown just the same 10 wrestlers every week? Are the Charlotte/Nikki matches any good? Who can watch this poo poo and pretend it's engaging?