Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
wrestlemania

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

someone said in the live thread that randy should've just rko'd him when he jumped off the box to get in the ring and i think it would've been my favorite match on the card if all that leadup was for a match over in five seconds

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
asuka and ripley was one of those matches where it just felt like neither of the two people deserved losing the match. at least asuka didn't bow to rhea for the pleasure of having the match with her like she did with charlotte

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
it's much easier to notice when wwe does it imo because you go 'wow, they're easing up on the camera cuts for the moment'

nothing wrong with trying to hide a surprse attack from the camera

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Is the whole Edge experiment over now? Was it worth it?

even odds that they argue edge pinned bryan first and they push the angle to backlash - or worse, summerslam

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
a match having a bad finish can sour people real hard on something that was otherwise fine, and roman pinning both edge and bryan simultaneously is just Rough

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
was it all just the same verse repeated or did it just feel that way

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
https://twitter.com/Maffewgregg/status/1381911891136671744

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

1glitch0 posted:

I'm so stupid I never realized the guy taking the Canadian Destroyer was doing most of the work. I've been worked!!!

That being said, wasn't Bad Bunny pretty much loving amazing based on expectations or even an average Raw match?

you should watch kota ibushi's best match
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LApVz53Spw

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
people who've actually been watching wwe regularly: after the women's tag belts got introduced with sasha/bayley and they dropped them immediately to the iiconics, did the belts ever end up on a named tag team or has it just all been two random women thrown together

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Pylons posted:

They were on BlissCross for a while, I think?

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Kabuki Warriors twice

idk if either of those feel like A Tag Team but point taken

still pretty sure kabuki warriors only got a name because they were both asian

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Jiro posted:

Can you imagine how sad Creed is going to be when they finally let go of Big E and Kofi? :smith:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

BaronVanAwesome posted:

Yeah I don't get them just straight up saying "this is for budget cuts" when they're...doing well financially?

Why not just say you don't have a good story for them, or there's not enough TV time for all this talent, or whatever sentence isn't immediately provable wrong

because they don't give a poo poo, op

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

surf rock posted:

Looking at the releases, I feel like most aren't a surprise. Even Samoa Joe was just being used as a commentator, and he was OK-but-not-amazing at that, so I guess that makes sense.

But god-loving-drat, how on earth do you cut the IIconics when reuniting them is the obvious solution to your broken tag division? What a horrific decision.

the whole 'budget cut' excuse is bullshit but you'd think if it was real they'd at least start with people who want to leave the company

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Wezlar posted:

I have to imagine that even in America pregnant women are protected against being fired.

hahahaha

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Benne posted:

My favorite part of post-Mania season is when they literally just repeat the Mania feuds

they literally renamed the next ppv to Wrestlemania Backlash, it's all just repeating the wrestlemania stuff

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

is the nigerian nail that bizarre blunt object the dude's holding that they hurriedly replaced the spear with

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
vince: 'you're complaining we don't have enough people around? i'll show you how it REALLY feels! fire a dozen people, now'

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
dan ryckert is every white dude you've ever known who knows nearly nothing but is affable and friendly enough to constantly fail upwards

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i wanna know if the writers thought it was a real good promo on paper or if it's supposed to intentionally be humiliating for the two of them

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Stevel posted:

I thought you were referring to the Charlotte/Asuka exchange for a second...

i have not been posting hard enough if you think i know anything about what's happening in the wwe other than what gets highlighted in this thread

glad to hear they're continuing to ruin asuka though

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
they should've just kept bray in his original gimmick and let him be a manager/tag team dude with a rotating set of minions that he leaned on for the heavy lifting in the ring, but that would've required wwe liking managers, stables, and tag teams

all swamp cult leader bray needed was to not always get chumped out

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
it's a win/win for bryan: either vince lets him walk away and he gets to wrestle elsewhere like he wants, or he gets a giant bag of cash for doing exactly what he's been doing

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i'm sure they'll do an extensive and satisfying build in the two weeks until that ppv

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Quantum of Phallus posted:

he looks like a dude who's gonna be buried in a month lol

you say that like he's not still going to be doing vignettes instead of wrestling in a month

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Orange Carlisle posted:

Do you think five years from now people will still be holding out hope that anyone will be used correctly in WWE and that things will turn around

It's been fascinating to watch that hope be held by some for like fifteen years with no end in sight

i genuinely don't know if wwe will be around in its current form in five years

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Wrestlemania Backlash is still the funniest thing because of course what everyone wanted after wrestlemania is exactly the same feuds to continue to the next ppv

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
when was the last time apollo feuded with a white person

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

oh hey he fought kevin owens on smackdown last week, good for him

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
honestly now i'm just wondering if apollo's matches with kevin and sami were a fluke or if vince thinks being quebecois is too foreign

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Blaise330 posted:

the money in the bank winner is beating Roman. Then he wins it back the next week.

For this year's money in the bank winners I predict Becky and........... I dunno.... some guy.

a returning jimmy uso

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

JT Smiley posted:

They mean darkstar specifically.

darkstar just has the j-ru curse and i wouldn't make fun of them for it

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Breetai posted:

He slimed him, Nickelodeon style.

This isn't a joke, it's literally what happened.

i didn't know you could do that on television

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

davidbix posted:

Assuming this is a joke?

it's a post by cavauro, don't look for any meaning in it

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Cavauro posted:

me and flatluigi love to riff on each other in the threads as good friends. i guess i was wrong about tyler black earlier though

oh sorry sometimes there's meaning and it's "they get really weird about you if you acknowledge their gimmick, even if you ask them to stop posting about you"

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
that's because i hoped sending them a pm would get them to stop doing it after having them on ignore for months before and finding out they were still doing it

apparently they don't give a poo poo

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Cavauro posted:

i'm just trying to help

if you want to actually help, put me on ignore like i asked you last month and stop saying poo poo about me because you think it's funny. it makes me uncomfortable, i told you that, and you keep doing it

i didn't want to bring it up in a thread b/c people like motu would respond like they did, but even if i get a sixer for starting poo poo it'll be worth it if it gets you to just stop saying things about me

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i think it's fairly inarguable that the best thing about the wwe is that there's a lot of people on its roster who can wrestle well and that people would like to see perform

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
basically everything non-wwe related that dbry has said publicly in recent times is wanting to work in japan, with the real weird caveat that he wants wwe to let him work in japan

i don't think there's any way a new wwe contract would allow him to work with other companies even if he was still at peak yes movement popularity, and i'd hope that them not even considering that in deliberations would be enough for him to look for contracts elsewhere