Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Have any of the Saudi matches actually been good? I refuse to watch any of it, but I'm just curious because it seems like it's either matches where nobody involved should be in the ring anymore, or goofy poo poo like 80-man battle royales and Shame winning Best Wrestler or Biggest Head or what the gently caress ever.

The best rated on Cagematch is Mansoor vs Cesaro. Probably because it was surprisingly competent match (Cesaro working hard to make him look good).

There's some other middlecard matches that are rated 3+ stars by WON, but I don't think anything got four.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
WWF News/Views: nobody's wrestling

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
https://twitter.com/bfg728/status/1424893024925069314

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
There has been three Intercontinental championship PPV matches since the last year's Mania.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I got at least three legit lols while reading what happened in SummerSlam.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
The least amount of women's wrestling in SummerSlam since 2015.

(could be worse, 2010-2013 combined had about same amount as yesterday)

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
An hour long Trivial Pursuit segments would probably be an improvement.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Lid posted:

also this literally cant be true because their sales system was down
They sold so well that the system crashed.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
WWE has lost Reddit
From: https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/pcr54t/the_results_for_the_2021_wreddit_census_are_now/
(9,504 answers)

For comparison

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
And after Brock he had an awful Asylum match with Jericho. At least the latter half of 2016 was him having good matches and segments with Styles in Smackdown.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Endless Mike posted:

He wrestled at the University of Minnesota, the same alma mater as his brother, former World Champion Brock Lesnar and Raw Superstar Shelton Benjamin.

Took me a few times to read this correctly.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
They accidentally hired the wrong brother.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

edogawa rando posted:

Do you have any details or a link to the interview?

https://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/32134255/the-story-how-cm-punk-returned-professional-wrestling-aew-all-elite-wrestling

quote:

In December 2020, Punk finally took himself out of the UFC's USADA drug-testing pool, rendering him essentially retired from MMA. Meanwhile, Punk said WWE had been reaching out to him about a return as well, through intermediaries. Punk said he did listen to overtures, but they never really got off the ground.

"I remember one of the first things I ever said to them was, 'Above all, don't play games,'" Punk said. "And they played games. Some things never change. ... When you enter a conversation with people you have a past with and you know who they are, how seriously can you take it? I know exactly who they are and they just continue to prove it. I'm trying to be as diplomatic as I possibly can."

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Just before William Regal went in front of cameras, Bradshaw asked him: "You think Bush did it?"

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

a.lo posted:

Old folks love 3 hour raws

Can't change the channel if you fall asleep.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Davros1 posted:

TONY D'ANGELO
GUNNAR HARLAND
PERSIA PIROTTA
TRICK WILLIAMS
DANTE CHEN

BOBSON DUGNUTT

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Le Saboteur posted:

Time to see if Big E is a draw on Monday Night I guess. https://twitter.com/WWEBigE/status/1437458929198542850?s=20

That's gonna put some butts in the seats.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Malcolm Excellent posted:

drat man. You should have assumed control of the aircraft and crashed it into the ground HULL KOGAN

Can u imagine terrorists tryin to hijack a plane that the WWE crew was on? Box cutters vs the craziest mofos on the planet? Game over jihad.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
While I'm aware that Ringside News is crap, that article is them quoting Meltzer (with a clip) and then adding that other people on Twitter say it's bullshit. So calling out Big Dave isn't unfounded. (the article itself is a clickbait of course)

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

My spouse and I absolutely loved the Cruiserweight Classic when it aired and seeing what that all turned into is so loving sad and somewhat funny. It’s like they knew exactly how to book something like that and then immediately forgot everything once it was over. Or chose to ignore it.

Lid posted:

it was also the best Michael Cole has ever been, which isnt a high bar and god when he retires it will be a banner day in wrestling, like everything about the CWC seems like "how did something this beautiful happen in WWE?"

It even started the seeds for the breakup of Gargano and Ciampa like 18 months before it happened and they had the best match of the first round.

CWC was Mauro and Bryan, wasn't it?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Do not even ask posted:

i'm pretty sure the MYC commentary team was JR and Lita

The second MYC and the first UK tournament had Cole apparently.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I would 100% think it's a parody article if I didn't read the thread.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Maybe they'll do five 30-minute time limit draws.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Critical posted:

Jesus CHRIST

GrimGypsy posted:

lmfao kill me

xbilkis posted:

Oh my god are you serious

shiksa posted:

oh my god lol

DarkstarIV posted:

Ahahahhahahahahahhsha

Photex posted:

LOL SAME OLD poo poo

sportsgenius86 posted:

I really hate this company

Rhonne posted:

Are you serious?

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Are you loving kidding me?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Man, I watched Takeover Brooklyn Bayley vs Sasha for the first time in a couple of years (after Ricky Starks recommended it on Twitter), and it's even better than I remembered.

Kennel fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Oct 5, 2021

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
The plan is probably to tell an uplifting underdog story, but in reality even the good workers struggle after you brand them as geeks and Dana's ringwork isn't exciting enough to get her over.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
This week's Dynamite+Rampage had 90 minutes of wrestling.

Raw+Smackdown had 64 minutes.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Endless Mike posted:

I'm really curious what their contracts actually say about things like this.

Does it need to say anything, if they can fire you whenever you do something they don't like?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

That's the lowest ever RAW outside Thunderdome, right?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

That DICK! posted:

paul is fine

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Can't wait for the inc-est angle.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1450565211509772288?s=20
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1450566357213278214?s=20

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

collocation posted:

If you skip the matches, NXT 2.0 is a fun 20 minute show full of badly thought out poo poo being thrown against a wall.

It's a vlog?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
International stew-superstar

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surprise Elimination Chamber.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Who was the last face king? Edge 2001?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
https://twitter.com/jedigoodman/status/1451251083376955394

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

That's from 2018 btw

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Vince fears Charlotte

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

TV Zombie posted:

What's the match card for the USB arena show now?

Subject to change.

But seriously speaking, it's more than three weeks away, so it's a surprise that they've announced anything.