Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Nick Jr. Face posted:

One of these days a viewer will literally die from a seizure because of the camera cuts and his/her family will sue the living daylights out of WWE. Only then will the camera cuts finally stop.
Blackmail

Lol no they won’t they’ll just put a warning at the beginning of the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

big news from last night is no more Michael Cole on Raw. I wonder if that's why he sounded so poo poo on Sunday, he probably only found out that day

Per The Athletic, Cole is the one who recruited Adnan Virk

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Did they test this new guy out at all before Raw? Like was he on main event or 205? I guess nobody will know

They brought him in to call taped matches.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Franky Monet is objectively an awful name but I also kinda feel like Taya fits it. It’s weird.

Somehow I feel like it kinda works.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Apparently Wesley Blake's wife (Sara Lee from Tough Enough) is pregnant with their third child.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I'd like to see Blake and Cutler team back up in Impact or ROH or something. They were surprisingly decent in NXT.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Make Billie Kay the new leader of Dark Order

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Love to watch this and think about how WWE used these two guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Obl5d24yDk

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The WWE article added Mojo Rawley to the list

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I still think it’s remarkable that WWE contracts are structured in a way where only WWE can opt to end them early.

WWE sucks but this isn’t really exclusive to them. Or even sports really.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

BGrifter posted:

Who’s the funniest person Disney/Amazon/whatever could hire to run a newly acquired WWE?

Donald Trump Jr.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Disney will buy WWE and turn it into guys in marvel costumes fighting

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lol they absolutely did not fire anyone

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

DM Punk posted:

What is even in that trash bag? Gear? Merch? Why would WWE have any of her stuff? She doesn't have an office or anything.

Yea this is what I’ve been wondering all day.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Mark Carrano always came off as a big creep on total divas

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

davidbix posted:

Brian Flinn, who was basically the head of PR for the last 9 years, was fired, as were Mead Rust (there for 2 years after 16 with A&E) and the previously reported Joe Villa (there since he was a college student in 1999) from his department.

I never interacted with Rust, and I rarely interacted with Villa past calling out his stupidest political tweets. (If you remember a WWE office guy being weird in AOC's replies, that was him.) Flinn, however, I interacted with plenty over the years. At times, we had a pretty good working relationship over the years, but it got much worse when it became clear I wouldn't exactly be...pliable, I guess. This culminated in him having a full-scale freak out six months ago when Business Insider was about to publish my ring boys abuse investigation, calling at least two editors and trying to sell them on a scenario where I wasn't a legitimate reporter, had conned them into thinking I was, etc. (It seemed like he had no idea that Investigations Editor John Cook and I have known each other for years, and thus thought he could sell some nonsense about me fabricating a story.) So while I would never wish getting fired on anyone outside of the most extreme circumstances, I can't really spare any empathy for him at all.

It’s hilarious that they’re all being cut loose so Nick Kahn can hire his friends

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

He’s going to lead a cult of guys stuck in catering called the Brunch Davidians

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Honestly, that movie was pretty much all I wanted from a Mortal Kombat movie. I can see why people would dislike it but I marked throughout.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

D.N. Nation posted:

These freaks' obsession over sex trafficking in everything, everywhere is...well, it's probably not quite "every accusation a confession," but it sure does set off a lot of alarm bells.

It’s a confession for a lot of them but it’s primarily them co-opting a common sense issue for their bullshit theories so people who oppose them look like they’re FOR human trafficking.

It’s the kind of thing you think will work if you’re an extremely stupid person.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Drake seems like he would con some couple into letting him marry their 15 year old daughter because Jesus told him he had to or something.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I can’t even think of a way that Dana spot would look good that doesn’t involve a high risk of loving someone’s leg up bad.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

a cyborg mug posted:

That reminds me that I did watch some of Total Divas and I remember Eva Marie consistently being the most boring part of it. She has zero personality in a show aggressively edited to make even the most bland people seem totally insane

EDIT: Removed a comment about her boyfriend which was probably poorly remembered and unfounded. Many bad boyfriends on that show

The only entertaining parts of hers on that show were her dad being a gigantic rear end in a top hat about everything.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Pretty sure Dream was the only one on his season of Tough Enough that actually had experience before the show. (Not counting Chelsea Green, who was a replacement)

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Love how AEW knocks 30 years off the age of the business and Dream suddenly reappears

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Vandar posted:

I feel like Nattie had potential to be something better but ofc it's impossible to achieve that in the WWE.

Like most people in the company she would probably do better elsewhere, even at this stage of her career.

I mean, she could’ve become a better worker somewhere else, but she’s too aggressively robotic from a personality standpoint.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

coconono posted:

on one hand Ricochet got done dirty by his LU contract. And no one but WWE was offering real solid money when a lot of his peers were settling and starting families. So I can see him being a total company guy just because the money's steady and he really doesn't have to do much for it. On the other, trying to get yourself over without McMahon's blessing never ends well.

So when I put both hands together my knuckles say Ricochet is a dummy. And that spells disaster for his credibility.

Ricochet would be high on the card in New Japan right now if he’d stayed on that path.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

We should make promotional materials for a fake indie just to gently caress with him

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Sigma posted:

Oh, he didn’t know?

Hahahahaha

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Amazing how someone constantly playing second fiddle to Charlotte Flair can’t get over.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

They tried the Virk thing, it didn’t work, they ended it. It’s honestly the first time in a while WWE has been honest with itself and not just shoved something down our throats way past expiration just to pretend they were right all along.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Alan_Shore posted:

Feels like you can make a great argument that WWE no longer has the best roster in America

In the context of how they’re utilized sure. On paper, no. And that’s not a knock on AEW at all.

But they have Styles, Bryan, Tozawa, Ricochet, Cedric, Drew Gulak, Big E, Crews, Aleister Black, Balor, Cole, Strong, O’Reilly, Fish, Metalik, Keith Lee, Kofi, Mustafa Ali, Cesaro, Gable, Owens, Zayn, Nakamura, Murphy, Rollins, Jonah Rock, Trevor Lee, Swerve Scott, Jake atlas, Gargano, Ciampa, Kushida, the Rascalz, Lorcan, Dunne, Bate, Seven, WALTER, Escobar, Thatcher, Breeze, A-Kid, Dragunov, Andrews, Blake Christian, Alex Zayne

Then on the women’s side, Asuka, Sasha, Bayley, Becky, Shayna, Io, Candice, Dakota Kai, Ember, Cross, Ripley, Bianca, Ruby, Taya Valkyrie, Mercedes Martinez, Sarray, Toni Storm, Kay Lee Ray, Meiko, Viper.

There’s absolutely no way whatsoever that anyone could touch them on the men’s side with competent booking. There’s an argument for AEW at full force on the women’s side.

The booking is the absolute drizzling shits but there shouldn’t be any doubt about how ridiculously loaded the WWE family is right now. It’s loving insane.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Instead of doing Kross vs either Cole or O'Reily or Dunne or Gargano in a singles match which could highlight the challengers strengths as they attempt to defeat the great beast (ie Walter's NXT UK title reign), WWE chooses overkill and puts on a Fatal Five Way match and burns through all the contenders on one show.

They’re burning through them because the more people there are in the match, the less exposed Kross gets.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

coconono posted:

well that's kinda why HHH is being pushed to the back of the company. He's got a lot of visible documented bullshit like this. At least Vince keeps himself closeted away from everyone and its the stooges that act in Vince's name.

lol this has nothing to do with HHH being pushed to the back.

Vince has perpetually had a boner for anyone successful in real entertainment and will always throw his family under the bus to kiss those people's asses.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

imagine being a legitimately great wrestler like Murphy, Aleister or Ruby and you get shitcanned because "cost cutting" after Eva loving Marie gets re-signed.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Also, Santana Garrett is like the most WWE women's wrestler humanly possible so it's always been shocking to me that they really did nothing with her.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The Braun release is really the only surprising one but it's honestly the most surprising release I can remember from them.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

remember when Strowman was bragging about how lean he got and there were syringes on the counter in the background

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MorningMoon posted:

i wanna feel bad for braun, but it's so funny

The best thing to do in WWE is always to be quiet. If you're vocally mad, they live to humiliate you. If you're vocally happy, you're a stupid mark they laugh at.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

King Bahamut posted:

Putting my chips down on comedy option “Nick Khan-led private equity coup with CAA money” and Paul & Steph are o-u-t

yea I'm kind of in this boat myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I bet ROH is the one who opens the wallet for Braun Strowman