Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

The loving Bellas are back? Lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I literally watch this every time it's posted. It's art.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

It's a bit out there to put Rhea ahead of Paige, Sasha, and Asuka's run on NXT

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

DarkstarIV posted:

Yeah, I talked about how bad the Rhea/Asuka match was from last night, but only just now found a small video clip of how bad it got at parts.

https://twitter.com/wrestlemandy69/status/1381984065952317444

Rhea was struggling so goddamn hard to pick her up to the point where Asuka had to step in and help. Just for what seemed to be the crucifix bomb/pin(?) to end up turning into a botch as well.

This all seems very... avoidable. It looks equally as cool just to spin Asuka around and get a regular fireman's carry entry.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

God, Roseberg is such a fuckin' stooge.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

WWE and The Fiend really stumbled into that kind of imaginary deep lore poo poo like Twitch streamers have with Five Nights at Freddy's.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

There went the moneeeeeey

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

AEW is really raking poor Vince over the coals. He can't even afford packing peanuts! How is a little guy like Vince supposed to compete with billionaires!?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

They even gave us the full Journey Into Darkness biography.

Kane is one of fiction's greatest characters.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

projecthalaxy posted:

What about Undertaker NFTs?

I'm just taking the excuse to post this
https://twitter.com/MoltisantiThots/status/1385626589082292227

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Shard posted:

I'm a little uncomfortable with the body paint for Tatanka

It's ok he's actually supposed to be a werewolf.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

The worst part is you know no one is going to get over beating Roman down the line. It's going to be some unsatisfying result to try and keep Roman strong and end up making everyone mad all over again.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Kosmo Gallion posted:

This Aleister Black stuff is awful. Just let the dude wrestle and not talk. He's got enough natural charisma and mystique to get himself over without the videos. Oh wait, it's WWE, they can't play to anybody's strengths at all.

They're gonna have Black do this awful gimmick for like three months at least until Vince is personally bored of it, then Black will disappear for months and come back as... some kind of dancing mime.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I still love the fact that they can’t figure out what to do with Wyatt when he’s the guy that finally took out John Cena after fifteen years. Taker, Brock, Rock, HBK, Edge, Orton, Punk, Jericho, Styles, Angle, HHH, Owens, Bryan, Rollins, Reigns, Batista, Rusev, Show, Kane, Booker, Christian, JBL, Miz, Sheamus, Barrett, Ryback, Ziggler, Umaga, Del Rio, etc, etc couldn’t do it, but Wyatt did. And yet it’s never even mentioned.

This kind of reminds me of when Del Rio came back and surprise beat Cena with a super kick and they never mentioned it since they wanted fans to forget Cena ever lost for when he made the eventual return.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Can't wait for the eventual promo about how Bray Wyatt is a nerd who can only win on the Muppet Show and then Cena calls him his real name in a condescending way.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

ThePariah posted:

The negative reaction to her return proves that Eva Marie is actually the best heel in wrestling.

I will say some of the best heel heat I can recall in NXT was the time the crowd was convinced Eva was about to beat... Bayley I think for the belt? The crowd was so loving pissed for the whole match and then Eva lost to a huge pop.

But of course that's a testament to how poo poo she was and she should have never wrestled again after. If you can call what she does wrestling.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

It's also pretty impressive to get the Full Sail crowd to actually hate you.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

All red everything.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Rarity posted:

What the gently caress has she been doing for them all this time? :psyduck:

Enjoying the excellent catering

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Grendels Dad posted:

I vote for the latter, because I loving hate people who are Nazis 'ironocally'.

All I can think of is if Dave Meltzer had to articulate this and calling Mansoor a, "Worked Nazi" and I'm pretty tickled by it.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Lid posted:

https://twitter.com/spann72/status/1391991868716580867

this was the top result i could find for this raw and i assume the whole show is just this

I would be embarrassed as hell if anyone walked in on me watching this show.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Vagabundo posted:

Which would be worse? Being caught watching Raw, or being caught having a wank?

I mean jeez, a wank at least has a satisfying conclusion, unlike watching Raw.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Barry Bluejeans posted:

The villain of the new Space Jam is an AI named Al-G Rhythm

There's no way this is real.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

What really fucks me up about this is how close Kairi's head comes to the barricade. That table should have been pulled out more.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Sanguinia posted:

Nobody is going to beat Roman, Brock is going to come back and Paul will turn on him, making him a face, and then he'll finally beat Brock after all these years.

Also did Zombies really eat Miz? Lol.

If people think this isn't all in service to never beat Roman for real and turn him face without ever losing they're insane.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

SonicRulez posted:

It only sticks out to me because AEW has been big on it. You can tell who's going places because they just win like 90% of their matches. Most people I talk to are pretty convinced Big E is the guy to dethrone Roman Reigns. I cannot tell by his booking.

I mean why build a wrestler slowly over time when you can get away with a couple months or less of build. Sure the fans won't be white hot but you can add the cheers in post.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I think I only know who two of those people are... Drake and Matt Morgan?

coconono posted:

isn't that Joey Ryan with the boa

I spent way too long looking at that picture thinking you were talking about a snake.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Hell in a Cell is in June now?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

He'd probably never work in a major film again if he didn't. Which isn't exactly a good reason or anything.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Ok the thing about WWE is they actually do know how to book people and get them over and poo poo. They aren't stupid, this is just how they want their product to be.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Oh I'm sure some of the poor booking is done because someone in the back thinks it's hilarious. But for the most part I think it's by design everyone basically spins their wheels until it's time for a Kofimania or Bryan having his big heel run.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Around the time PAC won the NXT belt off Bo and up until around when Joe vs Nakamura was a thing, NXT felt like can't miss viewing or at the very least Takeovers did. Those are really the last wrestling events I could convince friends to come over for.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

The business equivalent of being asked to step in a bear trap.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Dango Bango posted:

Their second choice after Cardi A :dadjoke:

Cardi subject to change.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

a.lo posted:

I, uh, have to wonder since Big Show left and now Mark Henry left for AEW I have to wonder what WWE is up to

I would have never guessed Mark Henry would walk away from WWE with the way he was carrying water for them a couple years ago. I love Mark and I'm glad he's going somewhere he's appreciated.

(mod edit: minor spoiler for a new wwf vet in AEW)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 06:00 on May 31, 2021

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

TheKingslayer posted:

I would have never guessed Mark Henry would walk away from WWE with the way he was carrying water for them a couple years ago. I love Mark and I'm glad he's going somewhere he's appreciated.

(mod edit: minor spoiler for a new wwf vet in AEW)

Thanks for the mod edit, my bad.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

StarkRavingMad posted:

I heard the radio edit for that song and it was like "Wet and Gushy" which is just somehow way worse

There was a guy in my town that would circle the main strip downtown playing the radio edit for hours after the song came out. It was... yeah it was something.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

flatluigi posted:

if you remember randy's splinter cell night vision goggles he was wearing them right before he shut the lights off and beat all of them up singlehandedly

lol yeah this poo poo was great

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Aye Doc posted:

how 'bout if it's a guy who kicks people's heads off while he tells them how much Vince McMahon loves him and wants him to succeed and thrive and insists that one day the Intercontinental title will be his

So Mankind at Deadly Games? He was great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Firing a pregnant veteran might be the bridge too far in this circumstance considering how much WWE loves their relationship with the military. But that all depends on how much anyone would really care and the answer is probably not much.