Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Specifically they're comparing it to the 90s ECW deal which may even be true but I think they're scared by stuff like Omega being able to shore up Impact's PPV numbers just by appearing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Grem posted:

They're going to repackage him as Penance and have him visibly blade at the beginning of every match to hulk up.

Nah, that's too cool for WWE and NBC

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Alaois posted:

what no its a michinoku driver it's not the drill claw at all

It's a really good looking one though, interesting in that often people do it really fast, but it just looks like Drew murdered Kofi. (And skirts right up against the WWE ban on piledrivers)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

At the final takeover, Nick Khan removes his latex mask, revealing Big Biceps Tony.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

Great O-Khan buy NJPW already

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Wasn't the only time people liked Kross when he worked shoot-style, which WWE 100% will never let him do?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lamuella posted:

WWE are basically the Harley Davidson of wrestling companies. A heritage brand who are in the control of people who don't actually know their industry and are resolutely marketing to an aging population who were young the last time the company was cool.

And a large portion of their potential customer base has abandoned them for Japanese brands that cater to them.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

oldpainless posted:

Michael Cole puts Jimmy Smith through a grueling six hour session where he just says ITS BOSS TIME over and over

Ironically, Virk got the job based on an audition he did with Cole producing, which says to me that it probably is down to Vince and Dunn that he washed out.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Gonzo McFee posted:

I will take a thousand Mauroisms over a single McMahon parroted Box like Structure.

There's a reason why Impact made sure to get Mauro to call Omega winning the belt. He's a really great announcer (and actually similar to Excalibur in a lot of ways, tbh) when he doesn't have the WWE machine forcing him to hit their branding every 10 seconds and trying to sand off the edges that make him fun.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Is there an argument that they've tried to turn O'Reilly into their answer to Adam Page and WWE'd it up?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I kinda hope JR gets replaced by Callis soon.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
What happened to Rey's plan to have Dom do the rounds in Mexico and Japan to get seasoned? WWE just back up the big ol truck of money and promised a push?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Wait... is Orton doing the Legend Killer gimmick again? I saw people mention it and was confused why people were talking about an angle from 15 years ago.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I can certainly buy it as part of Christian leaving, seeing as he's clearly capable of working and him doing a singles match with Orton or a tag with Edge against Orton and another heel (except wrestlers in WWE don't have friends) seemed like a no-brainer and they chose not to do it.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
This shows how little I've been paying attention to the product, but... I thought Nia and Shayna were a tag team?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

flatluigi posted:

the nice canadians over at loadingreadyrun had a wrestling podcast called sidewalk slam and they burnt the gently caress out on it reviewing every wwe ppv just about when aew was starting up, and then the pandemic hit and made them even less interested in following it + they've been basically on hiatus from watching any wrestling since and will be for the forseeable future (at the very least after the pandemic)

i do hope they get back to it and maybe even only focus on aew but i also can't blame them for falling out of it, especially if aew didn't sell them on sticking with it too hard

They did a couple of episodes not too long ago, and I wouldn't be shocked if they did one for DON. Adam in particular I know is just really down on the empty arena stuff, even with the wrestlers as plants.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Drakkel posted:

Jesus Christ, that's up there with them trying to push Tay Conti to buy a house or whatever that real estate scam is they've been doing for a long time. I don't remember who it was right now but I remember hearing at least one older backstage guy talking about how Vince talked him into borrowing money from WWE to buy a house and then that basically kept him locked into working for them for a long time to "pay it off" until they ultimately laid him off anyway and left him to foot the bill.

It's why that Nash story makes him one of the smartest guys in wrestling

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Oh Snapple! posted:

Enjoying the subtle storyline of Daniel Bryan being like the only person Nick Khan sees any real value in making sure they go nowhere else, if those NJPW partnership rumors were remotely true.

I'd believe it. Danielson, whether Vince ever believed it or not, is a legit star on a level very few wrestlers manage. He's not quite a Cena or Rock, but him jumping ship would be very much like Bret Hart or Hall/Nash doing so, and would be a needle mover for either AEW or NJPW if they locked him down as an exclusive.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
We all thought WWE would buy Impact, but:

Scott D'amore: THE CONSORTIUM WAS ME!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Shard posted:

I should buy stocks now so when the company sells and they go up in value I'll make out like a bandit

WWE Stonks

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Twist is they mean Marvel in the mid-90s

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Rainbows have 7 colours, you racist fuckwit.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I do agree the VOW tweet is a bit of a bad look, but it's also very very silly for End to say that when SRS broke these releases first. And the 'Vince is a good guy' story just rings hollow when you've got someone like Mox who saw through it.

Is there any basis for the Shinsuke rumour? Like Keith Lee, I get, dude being yanked from TV screams of a guy they see zero value in (bafflingly) and Zayn's activism has been taunting Vince to dare to fire him for years now.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

JUNGLE BOY posted:

to be fair we'll never know which embarrassing nerd ricochet is supposed to be mocking

Trevor Mann

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Red posted:

Was Aleister Black a Heyman project?

Of course he was.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Fresh Like Zafo posted:

What is it with WWE and guys with foreheads from This Planet Earth?

Vince has an interocitor guy.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

Lol “my character was not meant to be David Koresh. It was meant to be a video game character that was meant to be David Koresh.”

*Note: Ubisoft denies any and all comparisons to anything remotely political how dare you

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

Snitsky and Big Cass and Test had big boot finishers, the ultimate kick

Adam Page is slowly developing this deadly art.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

JT Smiley posted:

Ok, stupid question, why don't they just use any of the 200 plus wrestlers they currently have signed?

They don't know where the hard cam is.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The old company line used to be that these indie guys need to learn to work in front of 'major crowds' but that fell apart when they signed guys like Balor and Nakamura who people pointed out regularly performed in front of crowds of 5 or 10 thousand, and sometimes in front of 30-40k in the Tokyo Dome. So then it was 'they need to learn to work to the camera, instead of the crowd', which is just as ludicrous and is also very, very disputable as to how much importance should be given to it.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Vertical Lime posted:

if anyone gives a poo poo, summerslam will be at the raiders stadium in vegas

Legit surprised they weren't petty enough to go for Chicago.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The irony being that Richard Hatch kept his mouth shut and got a regular role in the BSG reboot.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
There's a reason Sting worked with 3 30 year olds last Sunday.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

flatluigi posted:

the video packages of them being beautiful and teasing the audience is all the value they think those women have

Unless those women decide to make money off that themselves, then they must put a stop to that right quick.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

a cyborg mug posted:

Radioactive Poppy

Please do not disrespect Mr Limelight like this.

Shard posted:

And for every single one of them they 100 percent believe and get most of their roster to believe it was just that they didn't have it. Nothing could have been done. Missing that X factor. Or fairy dust. Or whatever other magical bullshit they try to put in place of the real reason - that they suck at playing to a performer's strength.
And if you don't buy that, you're 'difficult' or 'arrogant' or 'unteachable'. Remember that WWE considered Chris Hero and Buddy Murphy bad workers who couldn't be taught. Seth too, and for all his flaws, dude is a better than average wrestler.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Brock ain't even driving to the payphone to call Heyman for less than 6.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Pinwiz11 posted:

This was the first thing I thought of after the news today:

https://twitter.com/Wizards_DnD/status/1407684875440865281?s=19

Um... Cast change time?

(either way :woop: for more Aabria gm goodness!)

Suddenly it's Mercer DMing for Cutler, Wight, Uno and Leva

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Some of the poo poo they ask you at the interview is wild.

They also get super weird if you've actually watched the product, like you're going to go piss yourself because an on-screen person exists and/or you may have to interact with them at some point.

That's hilarious, considering A) These are professional writers, they've interacted with stars in theory, and B) It implies that no-one in the company is a big enough deal that anyone outside the business could possibly give a poo poo about them and yet they don't see that that's a problem.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

collocation posted:

I'm not sure anyone is actually mad, but #eugenicist?!?

That's pretty. Yeah. I don't think that they're talking about Eugene.

I think the conspiracy is meant to be that vaccines are a tool to enable eugenics, not that eugenics is cool and good. Still dumb but in a vaguely presentable way so they can hook scared and gullible folks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

graph posted:

lol

youre not wrong

They are wrong. WWE would never pay for Achey Breaky Heart, especially for a guy who doesn't want the brass ring.