Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Tweak posted:

I dont watch WWE, was this good for anyone who does? Does this open up some sort of booking I dont see that makes sense? Like i thought this was absolute dogshit but Im curious if that’s because I’m not a fan so I dont understand X

what the gently caress is X?

I mean I guess it could be fun if they do a dusty finish where Edge wins the title because Reigns was a dumbass but I don't expect that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Tweak posted:

was this better worse or the same as the botched exploding deathmatch ending

Ask me on Friday

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Commander Azeez

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Strowman Reigns

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Evil Badman posted:

I absolutely do not get the Asuka/Rhea match hate. It didn't have anything glaringly terrible in and the right person won for the lead in they gave it.

Asuka did like all the work in that match which is probably not how you want your new dominant hoss champion to look. Add onto that the build for it being loving garbage (there was none because this was plan C) and the absolutely horrible live performance before the match and the best thing I can say about it is it's better than Lacey vs. Charlotte probably would've been.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Armitage posted:

It really felt like Asuka and Ripley had no chemistry. They are definitely capable of better, sometimes two perfectly fine wrestlers just don't gel.

I saw someone mention that a chain on Rhea's corset broke super early so she may have been terrified (rightfully) of wardrobe malfunction. Unfortunate if true, but seems a big oversight for your gear!

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I will say, everyone is really looking like a dumb motherfucker when they face Roman right now and don't bring a counter to Jey Uso.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

There's nobody who's a credible challenger to Roman right now. Big E lost a lot of steam with this neverending Apollo feud that probably still isn't over.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I really liked Nikki Cross back when I was regularly watching PPVs. Sucks that they've done gently caress all with her since Extreme Rules, basically.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1381713837875982337

Dunno what exactly this is yet, I'll edit this post when I find out.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I don't need to be pedantic to complain about Roman.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Professor Funk posted:

Is adam Cole ever getting called up?

Balor?

Io??

They're going to run the UE Breakup into the ground like Gargano/Ciampa

Balor is probably more of a Smackdown guy they feed to Roman if anything.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Kunabomber posted:

seriously this raw was insane with the amount of botches, i lost it when braun had to sell a lovely neckbreaker

edit: actually looking at it again, it looks like he forgot to sell and then did it well after the fact

https://i.imgur.com/RO4GTBL.gifv

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The only thing that would possibly interest me tonight is the Santos Escobar open challenge because I love King Cuerno. Not as much as AEW Dark though.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Isn't the whole reason Io left STARDOM so she can be a bigger star?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lethrom posted:

Tozawa's too, unless they've changed it recently.

Tozawa has an entrance?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

"Break up the Iiconics, let one get used a whole lot because she's funny and entertaining, let the other one sit in catering, then fire the one we used a lot"???

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

PWInsider reported that they started filming vignettes for his return.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Wesley Blake was in the appropriately named Forgotten Sons. He wasn’t bad tbh

Also not a bad person. They released the two people in The Forgotten Sons that aren't total shitheads.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

John Dudebro posted:

they'd make INCREDIBLE britt baker minions

Oh man.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Samoa Joe is gone.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

Nikki Cross is probably on the list too tbh

Would absolutely pick up Nikki if I was AEW. She has enormous upside.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

flatluigi posted:

people who've actually been watching wwe regularly: after the women's tag belts got introduced with sasha/bayley and they dropped them immediately to the iiconics, did the belts ever end up on a named tag team or has it just all been two random women thrown together

They were on BlissCross for a while, I think?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1382829842878586888

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Astro7x posted:

There is a difference between a company taking on debt for expansion and growing your business so you can have bigger future gains when you stop expanding.

It’s another to pay someone to sit in catering so the other company can’t have them. That doesn’t grow their profits in any notable way because all of the profits are B2B now.

Anyway... it makes me wonder when they’ll pull the plug on the Performance Center when they realize it’s technically not profitable. The PC is just churning out people that sit in catering for 7 years before they are fired. When is the last time they had a completely home grown talent to justify the cost of that monstrosity? Strowman?

Bianca.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

RealFoxy posted:

Chris Hero and the Authors of Pain still haven't showed up anywhere so far. Andrade was supposed to have been freed without a non-compete clause, I get the impression that people are only getting released again because Vince knows it's harder to travel internationally or for indies to run shows now.

My selfish wish is that the unsigned 2020/2021 releases go to CyberFight. Hero, Joe, and AoP would be awesome in NOAH and The Iiconics would be awesome in TJPW, Bo Dallas would be great in Gabare Pro.

Sombra, Samuray del Sol and Thea Trinidad vs Eruption

Chris Hero has been pretty open about absolutely not working anywhere until the pandemic ends, Andrade has been hinting that he's signed somewhere but hasn't showed up anywhere yet. I actually suspect Thea has signed a non-wrestling related short term thing, possibly related to video games because she hasn't streamed for 2 months.

Pylons fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Apr 16, 2021

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Rarity posted:

If I remember right Dream's not been on TV since the car crash thing

He was in a ladder match after that where the rest of the people in the match very visibly did not care about him.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Digital Jedi posted:

I went like 3 years without paying for a steam out my own money thanks to CSGO Skins.

So I guess NXT ended up being safe from the cuts? At least for today.

They don't announce the NXT cuts, we'll probably find out if there were any over the next few days.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Smackdown did below 2M (this will probably get adjusted up slightly) after Wrestlemania.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

"WWE Was Shorthanded For Raw After Mania" according to SRS/Fightful.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

Dave strongly implied that AJ and Olmos weren't on the show for "other reasons" which this might explain.

Hasn't AJ already had covid recently?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://heelbynature.com/wrestling-...y-future-plans/

This article is wild. Chelsea Green got called up by guessing Heyman's email and asking him.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Nick Jr. Face posted:

I could see them maybe moving SmackDown to Wednesday nights if FOX let's them

The Masked Singer does much, much better than Smackdown probably ever has. They'd get laughed out of the room.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Meltzer's "stone cold glass shattering" is just the sound of shuffling papers.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Oh my god.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jiro posted:

I look forward to seeing these shorts everywhere at the next Gathering of the Juggalos. Also I want the version of those shorts where that is accidentally written over your rear end.

Accidentally?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Wazzu posted:

I mean the fines they issue are comical. Didn't Batista once get charged that legit for blading?

Also nice on them establishing de-masking as a face trait. Not even, say, having it as a stip, just do it like assholes.

Drew also murdered Rowan's pet spider, to be fair. Not a nice guy.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I forgot about the eye when they had a normal wrestling match for the vast majority of it and the only indication that the eye had come out was an extremely deadpan Samoa Joe going "It's out" and then Seth vomiting on the floor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Ganso Bomb posted:

Is jack-in-a-box a trademarked term? 'Cause that's what it was but I don't think they ever called it that.

Alexa literally said Jack in a box on a Raw before Wrestlemania IIRC.