Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Lid posted:

my favourite speculation is that the reaosn the match was so short wads that Becky isnt ready to wrestle a full match

shes now the champion! your theory is predicated on that they decided to put their belt on a woman who cant wrestle!

Well that's certainly something the WWE would never do with their title belts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Gonzo McFee posted:

I can't believe a record number of people watched WWE poo poo the bed.

If you have Comcast/Xfinity Peacock is still free I believe, I wonder how much that accounts for it

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Drakkel posted:

I think the whole "WWE buries it's No 2 female babyface to turn their No 1 babyface heel for literally no goddamn reason" wound up overshadowing the fact that they just straight up false advertised a match literally up to the point it was time for the entrance of the person who wasn't there, but it is really lovely.

*Card subject to change

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

MJeff posted:

Brock absolutely sold his rear end off for Finn, AJ and Bryan

Does Brock only respect guys who made it in Japan?

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Vince doing the thing where he takes away everything that helped get someone over to see if they can prove they can still get over is hilarious. He's only ever had a handful of guys that could do that and most of them have left to go work elsewhere at this point.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

I would assume WWE is the kind of place that pays in "exposure".

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

They're totally going to use this on Monday and probably not even have her on the show, aren't they

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Fish Of Doom posted:

The only way I'm interested in this is if the winner is the only one who isn't released the next day.

I think it's bold to even put out this picture, who knows who from it will be released before tomorrow night.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

CobiWann posted:

I just keep seeing that "Big Time Becks" floating graphic in my head over and over and over and over...

AEW feels like it hit it on the head with the "simple is better" method - you hear the first few bits of Hangman's theme, he comes out at the appropriate point, a little pyro, and a walk to the ring.

For years WWE has been way over-produced to the point of being sterile.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

History Comes Inside! posted:

Apparently they didn’t even have Lesnar beat somebody up, he was just in the match because.

Yea, they couldn't even bother writing an interesting spot for this. The entire rumble felt like it was planned out really half-assedly just waiting for Brock to finish it up.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Vandar posted:

So here's what gets me.

Ronda had a natural story in challenging Becky for her title because Becky is the one that pinned her and took her title and her shoulders weren't even on the mat. Meanwhile they had Lita and Charlotte butting heads before and during the Rumble match.

So naturally that means that we're doing...Ronda / Charlotte and Becky / Lita when it should be the other way around???

This loving company I swear everything they do is rear end backwards.

It's ultimately because both Charlotte and Ronda have such oversized egos that they both have to be in the biggest women's match and for some reason WWE feels like it needs to cater to them both. Guaranteed a third person gets thrown into this match so neither one of them has to take a pin.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Shane could make bank just going around to different promotions and being a punching bag for every wrestler with a legit grudge against his dad and the WWE.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Big E is amazing exactly as he is, he just needs to not work for a bunch of shitheads.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Seams posted:

Cody returns. Now Vince has retired. #TrustThePlan

Jeff Jarrett is an SVP now as well, in the end the Rhodes and the Jarretts both defeat McMahon!

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

a.lo posted:

He is going to run for senate

President, then they can't charge him with anything

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Davros1 posted:

It'll be interesting to see how aggressive this new regime is in signing/re-hiring people. I can already see William Regal going back once his AEW contract expires.

I mean, Nick Khan is still there, he's the one cutting the fat by all accounts, I can't see them re-signing anybody unless they have specific plans for them.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

It's been one day without Vince and every problem the WWE had is fixed and all the angry workers are coming back.

I feel like I'm going insane reading these posts. How about we see actual change over there before speculating too much.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

delfin posted:

That's how you get Bellini as Intercontinental Champion.

Then we end up with the wooden fork poke of doom.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

D.N. Nation posted:

This, admittedly, rules:

Drew is going to slice him in twain!

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

I want the man named Husky to return.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Critical posted:

the thought of matt and edge sitting on opposite ends of the couch and then slowly scooting closer and finally hugging in terror as vince screams about eating people is amazing

While Vince is sitting in front of that Tyrannosaurus skull.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Astro7x posted:

Triple H can't just keep popping a rating by bringing back people!!!

Only took a couple months in charge to find an excuse to put himself on TV. He'll just pop a rating by putting himself on TV more and more and soon we'll be back to half hour openings with HHH on the mic.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

I don't pay much attention to WWE these days so I'm disappointed to learn this Uncle Howdy everyone is talking about doesn't appear to be Dino Winwood making the big time.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Is Hornswoggle's stake in the company safe, though?

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Regal played a couple of billion dollar organizations against each other to get a higher payday? Sounds like a hero to me.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

So is the WWE hoping to trick some people by saying Austin vs Cena at Wrestlemania?

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Intruder posted:

I honestly wonder if WWE called an audible mid match because Roman had dead eyes during his entrance

He looked like Sasha any time she was supposed to job

They don't do that, unless Shane tears all the muscles in his legs jumping once.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Barry Bluejeans posted:

He used to be called WALTER but WWE changed his name for ~reasons~

Still rules though, wish he worked for any other promotion

Don't forget that were initially going to give him the name of a notable Nazi, but then just went to Gunther alone.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

LionYeti posted:

Steph thought that absurdly rich white men would have consequences for their actions its kinda adorable.

You think she's at home "I told you so"ing her husband constantly?

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

I bet Drew in Japan would be fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

JUNGLE BOY posted:

The day that Vince discovers how tall Bron and Carmelo are he might just shutdown NXT altogether

Get Wade back down there on commentary and suddenly it's very 2003 NBA Draft NXT