Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So tonight, heels won every single match except for Sami/KO.

And heels now hold almost every single title in WWE outside of the NXT Tag Titles (held by MSK) and the SD Women's Title (Bianca Belair). It's like WWE waited for this exact moment to gently caress every babyface over. They must have been going through massive heat withdrawals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Shoenin posted:

Only saw the last 2 matches. Asuka/Rhea was p.good for the most part.
Main event was actually pretty fun then that amazingly stupid finish.

I wouldn't even say Rhea/Asuka was even remotely good. Rhea's offense looked terrible and she got gassed pretty quickly. Not saying Asuka looked like a world class athlete out there, but she looked lightyears ahead of Rhea there.

Like the Rhea/Asuka and Bianca/Sasha matches are an almost perfect case of duality when it comes to quality.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

A Salty Affair posted:

At the very least we can all agree that Bianca Belair loving owns

:hmmyes:

It's also pretty hilarious how Bianca looks like a star now, but Rhea is like...supposed to be an edgelord or something? Except everything she does is incredibly embarrassing.

Also lets not forget how WWE completely misread the room tonight with Bayley. When the Bellas attacked her, the audience booed them. Probably not the reaction WWE wanted or expected.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

TheKingslayer posted:

The loving Bellas are back? Lmfao

Yeah they showed up when Bayley was celebrating and getting pyro (for no reason but whatever). The Bellas showed up soon after and tried to insult her, she attacked them, and they attacked back, laying her out. The audience hated the Bellas.

projecthalaxy posted:

is raw tomorrow in front of a crowd or are they back at thunderdome? I'm a little curious how they follow up the fiend

Back at the Thunderdome. There are rumors they might allow very limited numbers of fans in, but I can't find any real sources on that.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

A Salty Affair posted:

Rhea looked absolutely amazing in the Rumble but they haven't been able to recapture that energy since.

Also the Bellas thing, ooooof. It deserved all the boos.

They haven't been able to recapture the energy because Rhea is really loving lame and she had a borderline disaster of a match tonight where it was almost entirely her fault. I think her momentum is pretty much going to be dead in the water for awhile. Or rather she never really had any to begin with considering the moment she won the NXT Women's Title, people wanted her to drop it to Bianca or Io.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Apr 12, 2021

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So it might have been pointed out already, but if you wrestle for WWE, don't put forth more than the minimum amount of effort into your job. It's pretty obvious you won't get rewarded for it. Drew, Sasha, Bayley, and Asuka all carried this loving company through the pandemic and all of them lost in some shape or form at Wrestlemania. Just stay at home or only show up to work every other month and you are more likely to get a major win at Wrestlemania.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Kunabomber posted:

lol vince is gonna live for another 20 years all eternity

Fixed that for you, pretty sure Vince's lifespan at this point is fueled by the spite/scorn of fans.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
WWE continues the trend of really loving bad champion pictures for their website.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Pylons posted:

I really liked Nikki Cross back when I was regularly watching PPVs. Sucks that they've done gently caress all with her since Extreme Rules, basically.

Hey now, she was sacrificed for the greater good...expanding THE LORE OF THE FIEND.

On a serious note, RAW's women's division is a dumpster fire and Rhea as champ isn't going to fix any of the problems it has.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

njsykora posted:

This time they’re actually going to push someone and she totally won’t be forgotten in 3 months time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j7vE0x46iA

On a serious note, I would be shocked if Rhea lasts more than two months as champion before either Charlotte or Becky (if she returns) gets the title back.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I could see that happening and then her pivoting over to Smackdown to take that championship shortly after to set up a champion vs champion feud at next Mania.

I don't think they'll do that, but instead they'll probably do something like Becky vs Charlotte at WM next year. Again.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Very excited for Roman to lose the title through sheer stupidity.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
The problem with the Fiend is multifaceted, basically.

1) His character is booked way too strong for even a supernatural monster character. No one comes out of feuds with him looking any better.

2) This is half character work and half on the performer, but Bray Wyatt loving sucks in the ring. It doesn't help that he decides that no-selling should be a part of the Fiend's act. Which feeds into Point #1 of no one looking good against him. It's an incredibly selfish part of the gimmick that really didn't need to exist at all.

3) The Fiend as a character is incredibly confusing at this point. When it was basically "Bray going after everyone who wronged him" it felt fine. But then they had him (or her in the case of Alexa) going after men/women who did no wrong, which again, fuels point #1.

Basically Roman is the smartest man in WWE for refusing to work with The Fiend/Bray Wyatt.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
WWE announced Asuka vs Rhea Ripley for the RAW Women's Championship later tonight. Oh boy, Asuka gets to carry Rhea to another average match before losing and Charlotte comes out to start a feud with her (Rhea).

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I have a feeling this Virk guy will be gone by the end of the night just because he is actually trying to call the match seriously and referred to the "WWE Universe" as audience members instead.

Vince is probably hopping mad backstage.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
For those of you not watching RAW (you are a stronger person than I), you missed out on one massive disaster of a match between Asuka and Rhea. Where Rhea got gassed like 5 minutes into the match and could barely do any power spots at all, to the point of where Asuka had to actively help her pull them off.

Some are trying to spin it off as bad chemistry, but Rhea just looked awful in every regard in the match tonight.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Rhea needed a better opponent tonight. I think Charlotte vs Rhea is really gonna help bring out her best

I know this is supposed to be a shitpost, but Charlotte vs Rhea might end up even worse, if just for the fact that since returning at TLC, Charlotte has been a complete trainwreck as well.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Very glad T-Bar and Mace have joined MVP and Bobby Lashley.

Going to call them Hurtribution. Please send all of the money you plan to throw at me for that name to a non-profit in need or something.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So in case you thought NXT would open with something interesting tonight, you would be mistaken. They are deciding to open their first real dedicated show on Tuesday with...a Karrion Kross promo.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Spiderdrake posted:

Yes the HHH cool guy to lead the promotion to the future is going to HHH it up on the HHH show.

Any rumors of Io getting called up?

Triple H is fiercely denying her being called up, and she's all over the advertising for the move to Tuesday, as well as pushing it on social media, so it doesn't seem likely. But at the same time he was fiercely denying Io being called up, WWE had published a video on YouTube of her seemingly getting the traditional sendoff. We'll find out either tonight or Friday though, because I assume if she doesn't get involved in a storyline tonight or doesn't show up, she might be showing up on Friday. Since Smackdown desperately needs credible women right now (especially if the rumors are true about Sasha leaving to film new Mandalorian stuff soon is true).

It's funny because Triple H was claiming "why would she be called up, I wish people would stop assuming just because a major star loses a title doesn't mean they are heading to the main roster", when that has been NXT's MO for god knows how long. And HBK also added in "why would Io want to leave NXT, which has the best women in the company?". They did say the decision was basically up to her though. If she wanted to take time off, she was more than welcome. If she wanted another shot at Raquel, she would get one. If she wants to go to the main roster, the door is open for her. Triple H and HBK also justified Raquel winning the title as "striking while the iron is hot" and how they see Raquel as a huge attraction to the brand, and someone that will bring more eyes to the product.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Apr 13, 2021

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Cerebral Bore posted:

Are Trips and Shawn trying to break the record of most lies told in a row or something?

I think he's either being sincere for once, since losing Io would be a huge hit to NXT, or he's trying to keep her callup as a surprise. Either way, if she sticks around, the only thing that is going to result from it is whatever she is doing will overshadow Raquel.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Astro7x posted:

I feel like every major woman that leaves NXT gets Triple H giving them flowers.... no flowers, no sendoff.

That hasn't been the case as of late. Mia, Rhea, Bianca, etc haven't gotten flowers or anything.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Sigma posted:

She has a fiancé in Japan so maybe she’ll go back home after this current contract

I don't think that's necessarily true anymore. She mentioned in an interview at the start of the year with either Nikkan or Tokyo Sports or so that she broke off her engagement a year or so ago when asked if she was in a relationship. She mentioned wanting to focus on her career more in WWE. Although if that's the true story or not remains to be seen, especially with there being rumors among some Japanese wrestling fans that EVIL was unfaithful.

But regardless, her contract doesn't seem to be up any time soon, as I remember Fightful reporting that when NXT moved to USA, all of the bigger name talents got new, higher paying deals.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Apr 13, 2021

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Yeah, I talked about how bad the Rhea/Asuka match was from last night, but only just now found a small video clip of how bad it got at parts.

https://twitter.com/wrestlemandy69/status/1381984065952317444

Rhea was struggling so goddamn hard to pick her up to the point where Asuka had to step in and help. Just for what seemed to be the crucifix bomb/pin(?) to end up turning into a botch as well.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Neodoomium posted:

Do they still make every Japanese wrestler they've ever had use entrance music with a bamboo flute in it

KUSHIDA's a time traveler, right

They do not. Asuka, Io, and Kushida's themes all don't even sound like they were influenced from Japanese music.

Also Io's theme is like the one good theme def rebel actually made. And she's one of the only really interesting entrances in the company right now.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Apr 14, 2021

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Chris James 2 posted:

Post-Mania SD https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-results/wwe-smackdown-live-results-wrestlemania-37-fallout-338901

Roman Reigns says everyone's scared to face him now that he beat two HOFers at the same time like he said he would. Cesaro comes out, Reigns leaves right as he's about to speak
Rey Mysterio defeats Otis
Sami Zayn calls out Kevin Owens, claiming he only lost because of Logan Paul
Owens defeats Zayn by countout. Postmatch Owens stunners Zayn
Street Profits celebrate Bianca Belair's title win; backstage Bayley challenges Bianca
Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode retain the SD tag titles over Street Profits
Natalya defeats Shayna Baszler. Postmatch Tamina stops Nia Jax from attacking Natalya
Cesaro defeats Jey Uso by DQ after Seth Rollins attacks Cesaro mid-swing

Please do not post incomplete results. You forgot to mention them replaying the UFO spot from Rollins/Cesaro at WM like 22 times in the span of two hours.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
POST Wrestling and PWInsider are reporting that Slapjack and Mia Yim were moved to Smackdown.

No word if they'll actually show up on TV though.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

flatluigi posted:

i have not been posting hard enough if you think i know anything about what's happening in the wwe other than what gets highlighted in this thread

glad to hear they're continuing to ruin asuka though

They had Charlotte talking over Asuka constantly and claiming that no one could understand her. Asuka then said she would beat her rear end and called Charlotte a bitch.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So in kayfabe Charlotte should be fired after that assault but she will just get a slap on the wrist and a title shot.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1384345815485923334

So she'll be back in a couple of weeks.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Kunabomber posted:

lol $100K is comical, almost like a dr evil number. They couldn't figure out a better number than that?

Also worth noting that Charlotte has told us many times that she is incredibly rich and fines like that mean nothing towards her. She'll be back conveniently in time to win MITB.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

kitten emergency posted:

so did orton/Braun just not happen at all

Don't sit down because this news will absolutely shock you and you'll fall out of your seat, but Vince changed his mind at like 5 PM to scrap the match apparently.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Raskolnikov38 posted:

as brain damaged as vince is, he can’t be the one writing this poo poo so who is

Johnny Ace or Kevin Dunn most likely. Or Bray Wyatt since he has a lot of creative control over this stuff supposedly.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Just in case you thought Ronda was coming back, it won't be any time soon. She's four months pregnant.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
The new WWE.com banners for their respective shows are definitely...interesting on who they picked to be spotlighted on each banner.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

flashy_mcflash posted:

They mostly seem to be what I expect, except they have those two brands on the bottom left that don't appear to exist IRL

I think spotlighting Scarlett over someone like Io is definitely a weird choice though on the NXT banner. Scarlett has never wrestled in NXT and the biggest thing she did on TV is set a contract on fire with a kiss or something?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

flashy_mcflash posted:

Isn't she part of the champion's act?

Yeah but even then, the primary focus is still on Kross, even if he is bland as gently caress.

Hell, both Kross and Raquel are massively underwhelming choices as champion right now. Putting aside both of their lovely politics, neither one has set the world on fire since they won the title. Kross has always been disliked by NXT audiences, and Raquel has pretty much lost all of her momentum from beating Io because they can't decide on her alignment. She's about to feud with Mercedes Martinez, but it's not a highly anticipated matchup either, and expectations are incredibly low.

Hell, they could have thrown another woman onto the NXT banner at the very least (one that actually wrestles), considering the NXT women's division is incredibly strong. Way more than the men.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Apr 26, 2021

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
WWE's biggest mistake with Candice was tying her entire character to Johnny.

Maybe she'll win the NXT Women's tag titles with Indi tomorrow night, but even if it does happen, she's likely just going to end up as a transitional champion because I have a feeling if Io isn't going straight for the NXT Women's Title when she comes back, she'll be tagging with either Zoey Stark or Sarray to win the tag titles.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Rhea Ripley alignment update: She is a heel tonight. She will be tagging with Shayna and Nia to face Asuka, Lana, and Naomi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
It is still utterly insane that the only real credible babyface the RAW Women's Division has at the moment is Asuka. Rhea, Charlotte, and Alexa are all clear cut heels.

Man, just wait until after Backlash where they'll end up running a bunch of heatless heel vs heel feuds.