Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

a cyborg mug posted:

That one was never released in Europe so I got the thingy that let you play non-EU games and imported DoR2 from the US. It was the first game I imported from outside EU

Edit: the internet is telling me it was released in the EU. I do not understand. There was extremely definitely a reason I got the thing from the US. Anyway,
Maybe it only came out in the parts of Europe that mattered? I don't recall ever seeing DoR2 in Finnish stores back in the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Erebus posted:

The UK box has one of those "Finnish flag with Quick Start Suomeksi" labels on it, at any rate.

What do those mean, anyway? The game can boot in Finnish without needing to change languages in the options?
It's just a quickstart manual with the basic controls and stuff in Finnish. They weren't going to translate the games into Finnish for the 12 people who might have bought them (and even if they had, the translation would probably have sucked so most would've played in English anyway).

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Pope Corky the IX posted:

There are plenty of matches from the 00s where people are loving swimming in each other's blood and that was a hell of a lot less than thirty years ago.
HHH himself would bleed buckets in almost every PPV match for years, but obviously that was just the Cerebral Assassin's masterful storytelling at work.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Cavauro posted:

bendak starkiller
lol

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Kit Fisto

Elan Sleazebaggano

Bob Johnson

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Did WWE hire the guys who made the CGI for Iron Maiden's music videos in 1998?

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Lol what the gently caress is that awful CGI Roman Reigns? Why is it?!

Vince saw this and found it very impressive

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

lmao I forgot they came out with HHH's old jeep and everything, what a bunch of goobers

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Davros1 posted:

Excuse me, I think you find that's actually a tank, just like the one used in The Great WCW Invasion of '98.
oh yeah, right, the tank that HHH used to single-handedly win the Monday Night Wars

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

HHH announces a move to the Thunderdome next week

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

I liked this one:

https://twitter.com/__AKUMA/status/1418295485492875265

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Oh boy, it's Ruthless Aggression 2.0. Soon, we're back to WWE fans talking about how nobody actually cares about good matches or that workrate bullshit you IWC smarks always go on about. Can't wait!

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Lid posted:

Ruthless Aggression is remembered fondly for its big lumbering oafs like Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, Edge, Rey Mysterio, Brock Lesnar, HBK, the Hardyz... hmmm i think they may have forgotten what WWE style even was.
Oh yeah, hmm, I guess Ruthless Aggression 2.0 might have been a bit inaccurate then. What did they call the period in the mid to late 00s when most of those people were gone from the company? (Aside from various synonyms of "terrible", that is?)

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Sanguinia posted:

Also the idea that Vince is going back to Ruthless Aggression is wrong, he's going back to WWECW.
Chris Masters, Mark Jindrak, Heidenreich, Snitsky, Mordecai and Tomko among others were Ruthless Aggression :colbert:

edit: lol the thread title

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Aug 8, 2021

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

And like CM Punk's Cult of Personality, WWE doesn't actually own the rights to Bray Wyatt's theme, they only licensed it.
I'm pretty sure they did in fact buy the rights to Mark Crozer's "Broken Out in Love" (and proceeded to rename it to "Live in Fear" :effort:) after Bray found it in a catalog. If you look it up on Spotify, it lists WWE as the artist, which obviously wouldn't happen if WWE simply licensed the song.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Drakkel posted:

Remember when Keith Lee was the guy everyone said Vince couldn't possibly gently caress up?
No, because the same has been said about a gazillion wrestlers over the years and Vince hosed up every last one of those wrestlers.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

It was Spirit Squad, the end of the interminable DX vs Spirit Squad angle.
I think at the time I was just happy to finally see the end of that loving angle, which had been going on for roughly 17 years at that point.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Kenny! Johnny! Mitch! Nicky! Mikey!

I do not remember the exact order if there was one, but Kenny and Johnny were always first

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Lid posted:

One of the things that killed WCW was they had over 300 wrestlers employed and some were being paid guaranteed six figures a year even if they never worked.
While that certainly didn't help, WCW apparently would've lost 40 million dollars in 2000 even if everyone on a guaranteed contract (or was it the entire roster, I forget) had worked for free.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

I'm still partial to the Viking Raiders' original main roster name, which of course was THE VIKING EXPERIENCE

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

I'm surprised they haven't banned CM Punk shirts by this point.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

LJN was just the publisher, the only thing they made was a bunch of money when people bought their lovely licensed games. The actual games were made by various companies such as Sculptured Software and Rare, generally with stupid deadlines and low budgets. Occasionally, one of these contracted studios managed to put out a decent game, which is how we got stuff like Maximum Carnage by Software Creations.

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Sep 27, 2021

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

CapnAndy posted:

That screenshot of Liefeld Omega was pretty worrying, though.
In hindsight, they probably shouldn't have shown the super early build Yuke's threw together for the reveal, because the janky WIP models and animation didn't give off the best first impression and just led to a lot of people complaining about the graphics. The stuff they've showed since then has looked quite a bit better.

Yuke's is also a perfectly capable studio that can create good wrestling games if they're allowed to. It's easy to forget after they've spent so many years working in the WWE 2K mines and churning out yearly installments.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Pinche Rudo posted:

Vince looks like the Joker from the Adam West Batman series

Please don't insult Cesar Romero like that

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Codependent Poster posted:

she just wants to sleep and will gently caress you up if you keep her from doing that.
As far as I'm concerned, that's the most relatable gimmick they've done in years.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Sydney Bottocks posted:

WWE: Mein Teil, on PPV!
WALTER is now known as ARMIN

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Here's "Freewheel Burning" from Fozzy's live album. Suffice to say Chris Jericho is not Rob Halford.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TwvZIzzbrU

I don't know how heavily this was edited in the studio after the fact, but clearly not heavily enough.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Shine posted:

And my thirst to kill has grown stronger................... OVER TIME!
I know this is a lyric from "To Kill a Stranger" but it's also a known symptom of listening to Fozzy for too long.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

That video embed of "To Kill a Stranger" just says "Video unavailable" for me because the upload appears to be blocked in my region. No worries, though, because there's a wonderful live version of that as well (with several minutes of stage banter because everyone loves listening to that on live albums):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s22-CVnEDg0

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

ExHumus posted:

The Pitch Black match is going to be simple. It's just like the Mimosa Mayhem match between Orange Cassidy and Chris Jericho in AEW, except the loser is whoever gets dumped in a vat of Mountain Dew Pitch Black.
Fate worse than death

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

WHAT A MANEUVER

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Cavauro posted:

this stooge cave is starting to feel more like a stooge grave!
well yeah, all of them are dead except Iggy and James Williamson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

That rubber chicken didn't even have a pulley in the middle

Shameful rubber chicken