Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

She never gets her feet under her right on that second attempt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

With how good bad bunny's entrance and match were I'm now just wondering how much creative input he had.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

BaronVanAwesome posted:

Yeah I don't get them just straight up saying "this is for budget cuts" when they're...doing well financially?

Why not just say you don't have a good story for them, or there's not enough TV time for all this talent, or whatever sentence isn't immediately provable wrong

Stock prices will go up if they say budget cuts

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The tag division is working as intended

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Alaois posted:

I thought the guy who paid to be on WWE was Sam Rosenberg, are there two Rosenbergs kicking around

That's Sam Roberts who also has a pathetic sort of energy to him

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The biggest difference between them is hair so this mistake is understandable

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Please don't forget about Diablo Loco and NJPW's card app
https://youtu.be/umeHmjBFt5A

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

collocation posted:

On Talking Smack, Crews said that he was thrown out of the Nigerian Guard for being too rough and not following orders. Not that that changes anything at all.

Dabba-Kato is wanted for war crimes

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Disney would just sunset the old WWE timeline and start a brand new timeline

Alex Bliss was part of the "Legends of the Fiend" which are no longer canon. Alexiseria Blissagano is in the new modern expanded universe lore of the fiend, part of the fiend collected universe.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Kevin Feige

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Who burned down Meltzer's office would be the Vince Limo for this new version of WWE.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The trash bags are incredibly insulting in a company and industry that has had huge meltdowns about shaking hands correctly.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Cerebral Bore posted:

This might have been mentioned, but firing someone and sending them their poo poo in a trash bag is basically going out of your way to be a dick in the most petty way imaginable. It feels like genuine psycho poo poo to me because there can't really be any reason behind it besides pure cruelty.

Yeah, I said it earlier but the thing that sticks out to me is that WWE is obsessed with decorum, this is a company who gets huffy about handshakes, so it really stands out. If they didn't have so many well known rules about decorum and respect I think I'd be a lot more "Eh, who cares" but this is just so obviously an example of how respect is a one way street with the company.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Rarity posted:

The Miz is a good dude and I'm down with any plan that gives him a potential career route outside WWE

I also want him off my TV.

John Dudebro posted:

they named the main character "cole young", the most generic name I could imagine, and didn't even have the decency to spell it with a K. 0/10

He debut in NXT this week?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I just caught up on everything. I really wish I hadn't.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

drat, they set the business back to it’s cultural peak, dumbasses

to be honest the best war games match I ever saw besides the dangerous alliance one that is monumental was the women’s NxT one. AEW’s wasn’t quite top five for me, it’d be probably the 6th best i’ve seen. It was still a very good match and the MJF moment was iconic. WWE is tripping and jealous even though they’ve done it better recently, probably because they don’t consider what those women did because it was a top 3 war games ever easily.

The recent war game matches have all been better than blood and guts and WWE is still jealous and scared. They really don't know what to do with competition anymore.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

He'd been having an affair for 7 years. I don't think there's anything criminal or sexpest stuff, just messy personal things.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

There's nothing wrong with botching, it's part of wrestling.

But I'm positive at this point WWE is intentionally making gifs of botches.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I think Dream was good. More potential than talent but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't into his matches and high on him in general.

And also loving good riddance.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

History Comes Inside! posted:

Isn’t Matt Morgan currently implicated in some shady poo poo with a literal trafficker

He's involved with Joel Greenberg who's the tax collector for Seminole County. Matt inappropriately received state money from Greenberg who was funneling cash to all of his friends as tax collector. Oh and at the same time Greenberg was the in-between for Matt Gaetz and underage prostitutes. All of that poo poo got revealed after Greenberg started being investigated because he tried to accuse his opponent for tax collector of being a pedophile school teacher.

Edit: clarified that it's Greenberg who was actually involved in trafficking. Matt was just defrauding the government with someone involved in trafficking.

Gumball Gumption fucked around with this message at 23:32 on May 24, 2021

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Cerebral Bore posted:

Yea, almost as if running what basically is the same show over and over again for months on end doesn't make people want to watch it.

Yes but market research says their primary audience gets scared by change and has trouble knowing which year it is. They find all this comforting.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Also someone should ask Mark about all of that now that he's not working for WWE and there is competition who will work with him and pay him what he wants.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Le Saboteur posted:

Is there strong rumours about WWE moving towards selling? My friend who is a little more tuned into this stuff also mentioned that to me today.

I don't know if it's specific rumors as much as some of these moves are moves you might make if you were getting ready to shop it around. But it could be more, not like I'm in any position to actually know.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MJeff posted:

I dont know how to feel about Braun Strowman also known as Adam Scherr. Dude is totally indoctrinated and it made him a total rear end in a top hat prick, but like.

Hasn't he also had some fairly real mental health issues in the past? He clearly threw himself totally into WWE and did whatever awful, stupid poo poo they asked and wrecked his body for them and they're just throwing him away like trash. That's hosed up.

Yeah, dude was a dick to people but also was in an environment that fucks you up. He's good in my book as long as his post-WWE career isn't doing a Ryback impression or something.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

No matter what is happening HHH and Steph won't end up in charge because lmao the horrible thing you expect is never what they do. WWE always exceeds expectations on that category.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Cartridgeblowers posted:

I'm out of the loop. What was wrong with Braun physically? Does he have Mysterio knees?

Yeah, according to Meltzer his knees are shot from doing strongman+WWE training+just being a huge giant. He's hurt them a few times now.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Rarity posted:

Way to go Bix! :toot:

The first successful goon project. Bix just had to keep it to just one goon. Can't believe he cracked the code.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Also just give a guy who seems to have been blindsided by this a few days to work through it before you judge him.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Nick Jr. Face posted:

It's a minor miracle WWE didn't introduce a character mocking Andrew Yang during all of that

Still too current.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

coconono posted:

yeah I got love for Bray, he's always entertained. Tho sometimes not as Vince intended.

I think I'd be a huge Bray stan if he was in another company. His edge lord poo poo just speaks to me but thankfully WWE meddling keeps it from being what I like.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

flatluigi posted:

an alternate universe wwe had people realize that bray and roman together had some genuine chemistry as a tag team and pivoted towards being behind them as a pair to cover each other's weaknesses, but that's also an alternate universe that thinks tag teams are worth a poo poo in any way

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

braypoint is banned

You can't deny the existence of one of the few good things either of them have done.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Whoever it was earlier who said Tommy End has an 80 page wiki about his character was absolutely right.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I really can't give a gently caress about his lore being cool or not if it still involves him kicking heads off.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Karma Tornado posted:

maybe some people are tired of every guy who gets fired for like forty years thinking that Vince loved them and their ideas and it was mysterious outside forces that caused them to get cut and it's largely immaterial who it is currently saying it

If I ever start really caring about the life of a person I don't know that much you have permission to make fun of me.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

My partner once told me about an ex-boyfriend who would write WWE/Highlander fiction. So like WWE wrestlers would fight each other but at the end of matches they would behead each other and do the quickening thing. I couldn't stop laughing at the idea of HHH putting a guy in a pedigree and just having his head pop off. My partner didn't totally understand what a pedigree is so she drew this when I explained it to her.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

We're literally weeks away from Braun giving us promos from the front seat of his car parked in a walmart parking lot while he has sunglasses on.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

WWE has way way way too many stories of wrestlers who should of been something.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I think she's only trained at the PC so she'd probably be amazing if she went to wrestling school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Schrodinger's booking, it's good if you don't criticize it but bad if exposed to criticism.