Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Imagine thinking typing out a list that has four 'name + name' tag teams is a good defense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Alan_Shore posted:

What! The WWE wouldn't let one of their "independent contractors" wrestle for someone else? Well I am shocked! Who could have seen this coming? Ah bloo bloo

You could just not post anything instead of complaining about people being angry about something.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Golden Bee posted:

Remember when ricochet and Aleister challenged for all three sets of tag titles, and lost every time? The matches were breathtaking, the one versus the Viking raiders was match of the year quality. They were still losers who choked

Why would someone expect pushes for them?

They flip-flopped someone from being a jobber to him having the world title in two matches not very long ago.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

projecthalaxy posted:

Why do people still act like vince has power. Vince doesn't have power, nick took the power. Nick named doudrop and made nikki cross a superhero to punish her for having a similar name. Open your eyes.

Did the businessman think there was room for growth in Doudrop?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Drakkel posted:

Arnold is way cooler than Doug, his friends are all cooler than Doug's friends, and he'd go on fun adventures like "Arnold learns karate so he can fight off muggers on the bus" or "Arnold's grandpa gets into a fist fight with a shark" whereas Doug was lame and his adventures were stuff like "Doug is terrified of ethnic food" or "Doug has an episode-long day dream where he's a much cooler and more successful person"

Sounds like WWE should sign Doug

oh you made that joke already, well I made it again

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Aug 4, 2021

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Blaise330 posted:

Dominic got through the performance center fine. Not sure what he learned there but eh

How to get hazed

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Shareholders

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
van Zieks possesses not nearly enough hallowed chalices for this event

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Blaise330 posted:

I'd be so sad about how misused someone as athletic and talented as T-Bar is if he wasn't one of those "just happy to be here. WWE PAID FOR MY HOUSE MARKS" WWE defenders on twitter. It was funny how hard he stuck up for WWE while being in Retribution though

I enjoyed him trying to go "ha ha this angle sucks doesn't it" on twitter, but then getting clearly pissed when someone else critiqued it in a way he didn't like.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Giant Gorg is too good for WWE though

I appreciate this reference

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

MorningMoon posted:

I think I found the best way to describe WWE's death spiral to non-wrestling friends.

Imagine if Starscream was about to take over the world, but then all the autobots started banding together... and then Megatron began tearing Starscream apart limb by limb, and blowing up random Decepticons in the process.

It's more like if Starscream was about to take over from Megatron and then some new Decepticon they just hired did it way better.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
WVGCW is using the most current usable game (19 because 20 and 21 aren't good enough improvements) and has quite a few new people who were never on the '14 era shows, as does the current show for male CAWs, BWA. That's a strange mix of information.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

flatluigi posted:

i mean, i clearly haven't watched it in a long time and the fanbase i was on here on sa in irc dried the hell up with nobody ever mentioning a continuation or resurrection of it, so idk. glad to hear it's still keeping on and apologies if i was bumming y'all out by calling it dead

No worries, I just to try to clarify when people assume the concept up and died completely. https://www.twitch.tv/vgcw

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Aug 23, 2021

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Discount Jagi is a pretty bad place to be.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Venomous posted:

so Charlotte is the Triple H of the Four Horsewomen, got it

all this time I'd been comparing them to the Four Pillars, but really I should have been comparing them to Evolution (Becky being the Batista, Sasha being the Orton, and Bayley being the Flair)

Who is the Jindrak

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Blaise330 posted:

if WWE booked DBZ Goku woulda fought Radditz 6 times.

If you watched it as a kid on TV, he did!

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Drakkel posted:

Edge most recently starred in cinematic tour de force THE MONEY PLANE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aETz_dRDEys

...Money Plane.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
That's pretty embarrassing because common sense told you Fox News doesn't give a poo poo about the wrestling part, just the fact this gimmick happened to overlap with their own.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Shouldn't this be the kind of thing you do before you have your talent bury a creepy doll gimmick?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Man who (hired man who) hired Russo smarter than man who did not hire Russo.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
HHH's last match may end up being one where in the build he broke kayfabe to make it seem cooler, at the expense of every other match on the card.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Pope Corky the IX posted:

What match was this?

Batista

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Pope Corky the IX posted:

The WrestleMania match? I never saw it, only a clip of Triple H pulling out Batista's piercings with pliers. What else happened?

Oh, in the build Haitch did a moment where he basically fake shooted on him, by more or less going "this isn't Triple H talking to Batista, this is Paul Levesque talking to Dave Bautista, and in our match I'm going to REALLY fight you!" Like, all the other matches aren't real, but ours super is!

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
You were thinking of not watching, and he took the 'thinking' out.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
We know we're gonna be doing these matches over and over and over, you see

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Then Charlotte got inserted into the match between Becky and Carmella simply because Carmella happened to annoy Paige, and we know where that went.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Matches?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Can't believe a gimmick died just because they had a heel bury it six feet under

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Do you guys see these seats? Well there's no-one in them yet but there will be

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

KungFu Grip posted:

holy poo poo if both drew and roman are out. There is literally no top face on Smackdown to challenge Roman if the Brock feud is done

It's in good company with Raw now at least

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I can fully believe Taker signed off on allowing that

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
"So they have some girl they call a 'magical girl' on AEW, huh!? I'll show 'em!"

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
So her gimmick is transforming...back into her usual wrestler self?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
So what do you do with the other belt then?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
well yeah, an assistant for a dead man is a waste of money

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Shane Rautha

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Alaois posted:

my cousin went to prison and he had to say he liked HUSTLE in order to join one of the gangs

Did they do the pose

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
That Roman tweet still goes hard.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Sigma posted:

The funniest part is that the Shazam movie over-performed against its budget, but the Rock refused to make his first appearance as a big Black Adam be in the sequel. His insistence on producing and top lining doomed the film

It really is insane, he signed up to play a prominent antagonist for a hero he seemed to want nothing to do with if possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
It's honestly pretty genius to also do stuff like call Tony a kid in that interview, since obviously a bunch of things will signal boost that over this. lovely of him, but still genius.