Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Box-like structure is an all-time great Vince-ism.

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Apr 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Given the amount of pedophiles that are in and have been inWWE, I absolutely despise Bliss’ “sexy child” gimmick.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Destroy My Sweater posted:

remember how they made tozawa a ninja? pretty cool!

Remember when he was eaten by a shark?

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

If every storyline was just Vince booking himself into a corner and telling the wrestlers at the last minute to figure it out for themselves, WWE might actually be watchable.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Shard posted:

Wait they let Billie go? They've been featuring her a ton and not at all her former partner. I really don't get this company

I used to be able to follow the WWE narrative pretty well from like 96 - 2006. But these days it really just feels like chaos. And nothing ever gets to formulate into anything. Everything just eventually dissipates.

Have you heard of this guy Adam Curtis?

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

DM Punk posted:

I really, really dont get why Velveteen Dream is still employed. They are not even using him.

Covering up and protecting a pedophile is Triple H's final test to see if he's ready to inherit the company from Vince.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Did we ever find out what was wrong with Shane when he cut that promo on Braun where it sounded like he was trying not to throw up?

He was high.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Hopefully Vince is as hands on in writing the anime as he is in writing WWE.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Put him in a turtleneck and he looks like current Ihsahn.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Rarity posted:

You can't fool me, none of the people on the 205 Live banner are real

I can't believe you'd disrespect Tony "was technically a member of Monster Express" Neese like that.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I can't believe they continue find ways to make the Alexa stuff worse.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

lol remember when Nia Jax put Lana through a table every show for three months and the pay-off was Charlotte winning the tag belts with Asuka? What a dogshit company why doesn't anyone get over?

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Brock is gonna squash Roman like he squashed Cena to insure the maximum amount of Nobody Gets Over.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Finally, WWE gets the breakout character it needed: Lady who is Hot.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

Raw https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-results/wwe-raw-live-results-two-tag-team-title-matches-340421
Sheamus defeats Mansoor by DQ after Carrillo attacks Sheamus. Postmatch Sheamus brogue kicks Carrillo, then does the same to Mansoor

The End. Nobody Gets Over.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Benne posted:

Charlotte looks like a completely different person in every picture

She’s like Ben-K but not cool.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

PWInsider posted:

Did you hear how people in WWE felt about Blood And Guts?

I have heard from people in management and they hated it. One person told me, and I quote, “That just set the business back 30 years”. Did it? I don’t know but I was told that the people in charge weren’t happy. On the other hand, I talked to wrestlers that loved it because they would love to do something like that themselves.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

On an anecdotal level, every single person I know who watched during the attitude era and quit watching cites Triple H as their reason for quitting.It's actually funny how consistent it is. I know it's not data but he feels like the biggest anti-draw in wrestling history.

My real hot take is that there wasn't really anything that could have stopped the decline of wrestling. 9/11 slammed shut the cultural zeitgeist that made wrestling cool and MMA rose to fill that niche. WWE didn't help themselves by being terrible, but I don't think they could have stopped the bleeding.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Did the pedophile show up?

EDIT: The page snipe WWE deserves.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Rarity posted:

This was maybe the most over wrestler in the world in 2009

Time makes fools of us all

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Modern NXT is incredibly lame because it's trying very hard to be cool and its idea of cool is pure Triple H 'Boomer Metal Dad whose most recent album purchase was Vulgar Display of Power".

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dacap posted:

https://twitter.com/kingricochet/status/1393266817704026115?s=21

Ricochet and Ali are going to kill themselves trying to get noticed a show whose only viewership is the people on the Thunderdome screens

Lol at Ricochet using Masato Yoshino’s super-finisher to a crowd of tape loops.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Billy Gunn

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dango Bango posted:

Bryan just made the point - Dominik and Rey are going to be defending and probably losing the tag titles on Father's Day.

It's like losing in you're home town, it's poetry it rhymes.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Maybe Miz can team with Tozawa as "guys who have been canonically devoured whole on live TV"

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Konnor and Viktor have become the got-dang Joker baby

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

projecthalaxy posted:

lol baby roman and his cubic head

He's got a haircut you can set your watch to.

edit: gently caress beaten by like three people.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Codependent Poster posted:

People say that but NXT has gotten a lot better since...

People say the same thing about Impact too but lol not even Kenny is getting me to watch that poo poo.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Is Crews still doing a Nick Mullen bit?

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Digital Jedi posted:

]
Shinsuke rocking entrance; warning Corbin is talking for the start of this
https://streamable.com/7xgmuc

That tremolo picked part sounds like poo poo lol. I’ve heard better tone on black metal demo tapes.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

CarlCX posted:

on april 2 natalya defeated shayna baszler, and the following week at wrestlemania natalya and tamina won a title shot against nia jax and shayna baszler, which happened the following night when nia jax and shayna baszler defeated natalya and tamina, but the following week on raw natalya got revenge when she defeated shayna baszler, which led to a match two weeks later where natalya and tamina defeated nia jax and shayna baszler, which earned them a title match at the pay-per-view two weeks later where natalya and tamina defeated nia jax and shayna baszler, which necessitated a rematch the following week on raw, where natalya and tamina defeated nia jax and shayna baszler, which led to another match on smackdown where bayley, nia jax and shayna baszler defeated bianca belair, natalya and tamina, which has triggered a match for next week, where natalya and tamina will face nia jax and shayna baszler

That's just good booking.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Asking my boss for permission to do something on my, an independent contractor, off time.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Keith Lee just has a case of Creative Has Nothing For You. Hopefully it'll pass!

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Rhea should wrestle exclusively like Kevin Nash at his laziest and the more crowds boo/Darkstar gets angry, the lazier she should wrestle.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Cena is a true-blooded Maoist going deep undercover in China to fight the corruption of Dengist revisionism and return them to the true path of the people.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dad Metal Mordecai.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

If people want to come here to be positive about stuff in WWE they enjoyed you can just let them enjoy it in between laughing at Alexa Bliss segments.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Suplex Liberace posted:

Nxt died once they brought in Kevin Steen and rushed a best hits of their indy feuds with Sami Zayn. In fact upon reflection Steen killed nxt and wwe (when he gave Vince a concision at age 80 or whatever).

I don’t know if this is supposed to be a hot take but Steen winning the belt in a bad match and then having an endless boring feud with Balor legit killed my interest in NXT.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Like, I really really hated the match where Sami dropped the title to Owens. Just a completely deflating feel bad match where Sami got squashed and looked like a geek after he had just scratched and clawed his way to the top to finally beat PAC and then that was his reward. Injuries and getting called up prevented him from ever getting his win back so it was just a total gently caress you to anyone who cared about him and then NXT switched immediately into their "the hottest free agent in sports entertainment is here in NXT!" era and it's all been downhill since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

lol I just remembered Raw Underground.