Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Well hell, two awesome main events is better than we get on the average Wrestlemania, and it was fun to see the crowd again even if it came across as the lowest energy WM crowd ever which I totally wouldn't have expected. Hard to say how much of that might have been WWE messing with the crowd sound though.

I don't mind Roman winning so someone who isn't on retirement's door can beat him at Summerslam, Rumble, or the next WM. If Rock's crazy enough to do another match then having Roman keep the title and having that match at WM is worthwhile too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Signing Sin Cara was a smart move at the time, but ultimately too many things went wrong. You can have a talent with an occasional wellness violation, or whose wrestling doesn't mesh with the WWE style, or who's getting heat with the company backstage, or who's dealing with some stupid WWE bullshit like weird ring lighting for their matches. But you can't have all four of those in the mix and go the distance.

We'll always have the Botchamania highlight reel to remember him by though, and watching Del Rio try to murder him because they hate each other is always a treat.

Edit: Actually poking around the internet I don't see that particular SinCaraMania video from Maffew anywhere, so I guess it's just a precious memory for the lucky few who saw it now.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jul 22, 2021

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Thank you for answering the call!

As a side point, after watching plenty of wrestling youtube videos about wrestlers shoot beating the hell out of each other for a wide variety of reasons (that are almost always dumb as hell), I'm finding I have a lot of respect for wrestlers who could make moves look like murder but who I've never heard tried to actually hurt someone. Kane is of course at the top of the mountain for that reputation.

I'm a complicated person though, so that respect for safe workers will live in my heart alongside the joy I'll receive watching Del Rio be an absolute rear end in a top hat in SinCaraMania.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Lid posted:

Ricochet is still really god drat good

drat, by now Ricochet has more than secured his legacy as the guy who can do absolutely insane wrestling moves, and I think that gets you a special kind of impact on the wrestling business all its own. I can think of plenty of wrestlers who've done ~sick moves~ but never got above midcard at best that I'd freak out more to meet and hang out with live than WWE Hall of Famers, though admittedly given some of the names in the HoF that's a bit of a low bar to clear sometimes.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Kind of stating the obvious, but it's hard to picture Keith Lee not going to AEW and being a big time crowd favorite there. He seems like a drat fine candidate to get a really good TNT title run in short order.

It's really amazing watching WWE fail so often at doing anything with new talent. But I'm sure NXT 2.0 will be the perfect solution to that problem :v:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

Rarity posted:

Lmao I missed that Brock's done a runner, what a day

Honestly, everyone advertised for the PPV should be doing runners at the moment. Put the screws to the company and get paid extra to show up because I have to imagine WWE wants minimal chaos and everything to go smoothly at this moment in particular. Obviously this works best for the Brock Lesnars of the world, but if I was a talent that was at all considering moving on from WWE I'd be walking out like hell. Of course, ideally you'd want to do that in a way that doesn't come off like "If Vince isn't around I don't want to be here," but again Brock's able to say and do basically anything so if that's his viewpoint, it's not like that'll do him any real harm.