Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
The two matches that were good (Sami/, Owens and Big E/Apollo) should have had five minutes longer. The Raw women's title match was fine, let down by an unenthusiastic crowd. The main event was good until that finish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
This Aleister Black stuff is awful. Just let the dude wrestle and not talk. He's got enough natural charisma and mystique to get himself over without the videos. Oh wait, it's WWE, they can't play to anybody's strengths at all.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Bayley's Paint It Black theme slaps.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

abraham linksys posted:

BJW is weird because WWE let WALTER wrestle a show there in October 2019, and they don't normally do that kind of poo poo with anyone but EVOLVE or WxW or PROGRESS, so I guess everyone assumed some deal would happen which made no sense because, y'know, deathmatches.

Walter must have something in his contract that allows him to work anywhere he wants with the exception of televised events. He's the biggest star in Europe and has this awesome "I don't need WWE" attitude. They're desperate to keep him happy.

Re: WWE buying a Japanese promotion. Isn't there a law that prohibits any foreign company from owning a Japanese business? Like Disneyland Japan is technically owned by a Japanese corporation that licenses the Disney stuff? How would this affect WWE?

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
There was no chance ITV was going to continue to produce World of Sport. It was a nostalgia run for British boomers who only know Big Daddy or Giant Haystacks. It's hilarious that WWE instantly went into panic mode about this and torpedoed the UK scene as a result.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Instead of doing Kross vs either Cole or O'Reily or Dunne or Gargano in a singles match which could highlight the challengers strengths as they attempt to defeat the great beast (ie Walter's NXT UK title reign), WWE chooses overkill and puts on a Fatal Five Way match and burns through all the contenders on one show.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Go figure Braun Strowman has his most fun and well received match in years and WWE follows up by firing his rear end.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Aleister Black joins Raven, Mordecai and Hade Vansen in the gang of mysterious wrestlers released in the middle of a dark plan story line.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Tommy End is a cool chillbro, who cares if he didn't bury WWE on his way out. He's probably pretty financially secure and we're three months out from seeing him somewhere he can fulfill his potential. That's what's important. The entire wrestling world is his oyster, why waste time being bitter about garbage WWE people.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
He had plenty of great matches in WWE.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Just wanted to post this here because it gave me a lol

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Ad by Khad posted:

I hope this logic doesnt protect Gunner

What does your heart tell you?

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Has Bray Wyatt been on TV since WrestleMania?

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Was Bill Goldberg really going to sign with WWF before WCW scooped him up first? If so, how would that have gone down?

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

MJeff posted:

Man why does he even do these conference calls anymore, he clearly loving hates doing them.

His boss and superior Nick Khan makes him.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Kross anywhere else in the world would be at least mildly interesting. It's because he's in WWE where they have no idea how to play to a wrestler's strengths. They're running a test on how Kross would fare without Scarlett, an integral part of his act. They're loving morons that don't have a clue about wrestling, storytelling or basic entertainment. All WWE matches would be better anywhere else. All WWE wrestlers would be better anywhere else.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Sugar Blaster posted:

Nikki Cross as a superhero in the age of MCU poo poo looks as dumb and hokey as when sitcoms in the 80's and 90's used to do wrestling episodes with generic wrestler archetypes like "Professor Pain" or whatever.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
For anybody that cares, NXT UK is leaning towards WALTER v Ilja Dragunov II.

This will without a doubt be the best WWE match ever.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
DUIs can have fatal consequences. Jimmy Uso is a piece of garbage, I hope he goes to jail.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Eat My Fuc posted:

Jail should not exist, it doesn’t work, but neither is whatever is being done now. He should probably lose his job, but that also doesn’t fix poo poo like this it only spirals someone into worse consequences

Then what would you suggest? The dude has been nailed for DUI three loving times. He's putting other people's lives at risk.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Once is too much.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Punk immediately lost the WWE title to Alberto del Rio and then lost to Triple H. Summer of Punk baby!

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Corbin keeps buying Fabergé Eggs.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
It seems mental to think about now but Miz and R Truth were really good together.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Why the heck was Gangrel going to appear on Dynamite?

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Hoss Corncave posted:

But when it fails to get over with fans it's going to end up not being over with Vince either. It's pretty much doomed to fail.

Or if it does get over with fans, Vince will pull the plug on it anyway because he got over without permission!

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Eat My Fuc posted:

He isn’t talent though. He can’t wrestle, can’t play or sing, can’t entertain, the mistake was hiring him not burying him or leaving him off TV, that’s them making a rare correct choice.

Elias is a pretty entertaining low/mid card dipshit heel. He's not great, but it is WWE that is the problem. They make everyone look a hundred times worse than they actually are.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Cesaro go to AEW. I got FTR, I got Andrade, I got Malakai, I just need you and Gable.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

DEAR RICHARD posted:

+owens, woods, and zayn.

I also got Brodie 😔

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Who are the heels in the Wargames match? The old guys?

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
AEW isn't coming to the UK until 2023 at the earliest :(

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
NXT is somehow worse than ever lol

I unironically like Von Wagner though.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Wear the cowboys hat Shawn.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
AEW has subtlety and nuance in their storylines. Also, wrestlers who are part of a stable are allowed to be friends with wrestlers who are not part of the stable. Anna/Tay, Hanger/D.O, Sammy/Fuego, Cole/Fish. I'm sure the average E fan can't wrap their head around that.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Kendrick is getting the Jamie Noble retired by Sheamus angle.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Ali is so smooth in the ring and just a cool dude in general. I wish him all the best in his future endeavours. Especially when he puts out an absolute banger challenging Sammy Guevara for the TNT title.

I'm watching this Ali/Murphy match and it also slaps.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Nash owns, he started a union and conned idiot Vince into giving him a year long title reign and then conned idiot WCW into paying him an his best friend an obscene fortune for doing the bare minimum.

Sid also owns but for different reasons.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Lid posted:

NXT 2.0 .11
Dynamite .44

The reboot of the wednesday night wars after Triple H failed are now losing 4 to 1 under the hand of Vince, Johnny Ace and Brother Love.

Time to fire Shawn Michaels, Steve Corino, Matt Bloom, Roderick Strong, Tommaso Ciampa and Pete Dunne to send a message to the late HHH.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Shane McMahon is the best in the world, why wouldn't he be in the final four?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Having a yearly PPV with the Chamber as the focus hasn't helped. The first couple were fun, but it should have been a HIAC tier match, only happening once every 18 months.

WWE used to treat Ladder matches the same. After the Shaw/Razor one in 95, the next was HHH/Rock in 98.