Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I watched a tag match from early WCW 90s and it was Iizuka and somebody who I can't recall vs The Steiner Brothers. The match slapped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
The IC title is a completely meaningless title. It's like The Simpsons where it was good in the 90s/early 00s but is meaningless now and should have been retired at least fifteen years ago.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Didn't AJ name all his kids dumb poo poo like Alphonse Joseph and Augustine Jean?

He and Christopher Daniels named their kids after eachother.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

E: oh his head

Kosmo Gallion fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Mar 1, 2022

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Gummo Nemeth.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
E defenders use it whenever something hilariously lovely happens on their program and act like WWE has a habit of course correcting, which it does not.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
He's right about 1) and 2) though.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Venomous posted:

ok but what about the Welsh

We suck because we're still British.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Ad by Khad posted:

I don't know if he will ever top getting England to chant THATS ILLEGAL but I kinda hope so because something even better than that would be incredible

Technically R Truth smoking indoors wasn't illegal because he is a performer in a theatre, thus making his smoking perfectly legal. :eng101:

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
If FTR returned to WWE I would be pretty bummed. They're in their career prime, I'd hate to see their momentum killed by returning to the bad company.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Cody Rhodes returning to WWE broke a lot of brains.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Roman's run as champion started off okay, despite those Uso matches being praised as epic storytelling when they absolutely sucked. The Bryan, Owens and Edge matches were all pretty good. But since then, everyone he's wrestled has ended up in a much worse position and he's stuck in the endless mire of yet another Brock feud.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Oh boy, strapping myself in for the AEW vs WWE Women's division discussion! Can't wait for this one again!

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
My take is that sometimes WWE puts on Women's wrestling that is good (Bianca/Sasha, Bianca/Becky II, every Asuka match) and sometimes they put on Women's wrestling that is bad (Bianca/Becky I, every Charlotte match).

Likewise AEW sometimes puts on Women's wrestling that is good (Rosa/Britt I and II, every Serena Deeb match) and sometimes AEW puts on Women's wrestling that is bad (Jade/Ruby, Marina/Blue).

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I haven't seen any live wrestling since January 2020 so I would be tempted to go to this if I knew it wasn't going to be complete and utter garbage like all WWE shows.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Hoss Corncave posted:

Did they at least give a storyline reason for Theory losing his first name? I'd assume Vince was so angry at being beaten up by Stone Cold at WM that he didn't want any references to him and thus took away Theory's first name because it reminded him of it, but this is WWE so I'm guessing nothing actually happened.

What does your gut tell you? You've put more thought into it with this post than WWE have.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
It's HHH.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Benne posted:

Tyler Bate has been in WWE for 6 years

Developmental. He'll be ready one day.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Backlash 2001 had Raven vs Rhyno, as well as the Duchess of Queensbury rules match. So it's better than any premium live event ever.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
MITB would be fine as a concept anywhere else than WWE where the writing is lazy. It worked for Edge because he was a slimy dirtbag. It worked for RVD because he announced his cash in weeks in advance and thus One Night Stand drew about 304,000 buys during a period the average was in the 250,000s for a b-ppv. It worked for Punk because people loved him and it was the first face cash in IIRC and it worked for Punk the second time because it kick started that slow burn heel turn from 2009.

Everything after that has sucked. Jack Swagger, The Miz, Alberto Del Rio, Daniel Bryan and Dean Ambrose all won their first world titles by using sneaky cash ins which hurt them. Imagine Austin, Rock, Batista or Cena winning their first title like this. Ziggler's was good because people were primed for his face turn.

Just lol if you don't maximize your payday and cash in at the WrestleMania main event.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Dacap posted:

This could maybe work as a gimmick for the Intercontinental title

They already did it at this year's WrestleMania where you need to win the Royal Rumble, then win the WWE title in order to challenge for the Universal title.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
https://twitter.com/WrestleSnowman/status/1523491237646376961?t=Re0iT69_Veu8kWJWJeg3MQ&s=19

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
War Raiders vs Ricochet and Aleister Black is one of the best matches I've ever seen. And it was the last good thing War Raiders ever did.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
HHH vs HBK in the Cell is the worst ever.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

StarkRavingMad posted:

I think it was Mick Foley talking about Terry Funk in his book, yeah

This makes me wonder how Kota Ibushi can throw those sickening looking punches when in terminator mode and nobody gets hurt.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Where else can Bray Wyatt go? He's above appearing in Impact because they likely wouldn't meet his price tag and his wrestling skill would prevent him from appearing in New Japan because he's not great and hasn't been since that big injury in 2012/2013.

He's going to appear at Hell In A Cell isn't he.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
The match was pretty good imo.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Whereas with Cody, the only reason to show up is to put Seth over. Which didn't happen. And in fairness, I doubt who went over was his call, but it dies underline the stupidity of choosing to wrestle .

We must have been watching completely different matches because I thought Seth was doing his absolute best to put Cody over and succeeded.

If Cody or Kenny or whoever feel that they can wrestle while injured, then that is their choice. They know the risks and would have to accept the consequences if they became further injured.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I would like to own WWE's tape library but that is all.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I enjoyed super indy NXT because I had never seen a lot of those wrestlers before and they were putting on some amazing matches and the taped nature of the episodes allowed for decent pacing and plotting. Every Takeover until mid 2019 was absolutely must see.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Finn Balor that someone left in the dryer

Finn Balor but generated through the N64 No Mercy engine was my favourite description of Jordan Devlin from these here forums.

Anyway, he's a talented wrestler who aught to do well in the bottomless pit of rainbow that is NXT. What happened in regards to the allegations that were made against him during Speaking Out? Likely nothing because WWE.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
There was WrestleMania XXX which ruled. Then there was WrestleMania Brock vs Roman. Then I can't remember the next few until the one before the empty arena Mania. Which was lol the worst WrestleMania of all time in terms of wasted potential (Baron Corbin retires Kurt Angle). Covid Mania was actually pretty fun.

Come to think of it,, I can barely remember any of the 20s WrestleManias either .

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Wasn't HHH the one who reached out to Bruno and some other WWE non-persons and finally convinced them to return.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
There's nothing that could make me watch a three hour wrestling show every week followed by another two hours on a Friday. Even if they were good. So I'm glad WWE is bad, I know I'm not missing anything.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Kross at least had an aura on NXT. But I can't tell if his matches were bad because of him, or because every NXT match was horribly produced once the show went on network TV.

NXT from 2019-2021 was such an awful awful wrestling show.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Mandrews is a really nice dude and quite underrated. I hope he lands somewhere decent. There was absolutely zero upward mobility for any of these dudes in WWE though.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Alexander Hamilton posted:

Sami is a good enough wrestler that he could get over as a contender in a week or two

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
lol just lol at the always badd-ing of Johnny Gargano ITT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
I bought that.

I honestly thought he was doing some kind of meta-John Cena act and it was all going to pay off with a spectacular heel turn. The solving racism promo, beating Anthony Ogogo, the gender reveal, the angelic imagery he used when feuding with Malakai Black, everything Brandi said or did.

I was horrified to learn he was not doing any of these things ironically.