Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

wait a second, the wwe is bad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Rhonne posted:

Can we kill the Fiend gimmick already?

no, the lore of the fiend is literally the only good thing about wwe

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Shoenin posted:

How and why the gently caress did they think having ANOTHER all red light match was a good idea considering the last one is like....one of the most hated matches of the last 10 years

did you notice the wwe logo in the corner of your tv

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Fat Lowtax posted:

I want to make fiend goo in the comfort of my home

GooFiendMe

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Vince is a huge Tom MacDonald disliker and reportedly found Keith Lee to be “problematic” for being a fan

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

DarkstarIV posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j7vE0x46iA

On a serious note, I would be shocked if Rhea lasts more than two months as champion before either Charlotte or Becky (if she returns) gets the title back.

I could see that happening and then her pivoting over to Smackdown to take that championship shortly after to set up a champion vs champion feud at next Mania.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

DarkstarIV posted:

For those of you not watching RAW (you are a stronger person than I), you missed out on one massive disaster of a match between Asuka and Rhea. Where Rhea got gassed like 5 minutes into the match and could barely do any power spots at all, to the point of where Asuka had to actively help her pull them off.

Some are trying to spin it off as bad chemistry, but Rhea just looked awful in every regard in the match tonight.

Rhea needed a better opponent tonight. I think Charlotte vs Rhea is really gonna help bring out her best

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

DarkstarIV posted:

I know this is supposed to be a shitpost, but Charlotte vs Rhea might end up even worse, if just for the fact that since returning at TLC, Charlotte has been a complete trainwreck as well.

Why would it be a poo poo post? Rhea is the second greatest NXT women’s champion after Charlotte and their feud last year was best thing in the women’s division in 2020. Its a money feud that’s already established. And Asuka has been off for the last couple of months so much that even Rhea couldn’t get a good match out of her

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i get that charlotte isn't popular on here, but most people had rhea vs charlotte as the best (non cinematic) match of both nights of last year's wrestlemania

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

CarlCX posted:

I used Wrestlemania weekend as the test to see if after my six or eight or whatever months of not watching the weekly television it was time to come back. It is extremely not time to come back.

wrestlemania now extends until wrestlemania backlash so you're in for a few more weeks i'm afraid

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Asuka botched a few things and they weren’t totally on the same page but it wasn’t that bad for a match on Raw

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

JOHN CENA posted:

they were all told explicitly there would be no raises.

Yeah I’m not sure how to reconcile this with the reports of Retribution + Keith Lee working on the main roster on relatively low pay NXT contracts.

I’d certainly believe Finn Balor and Adam Cole got new, good money deals but I wonder how far that went for the rest of the roster

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1382758315646722052?s=20

4/15 is the new WWE holiday then?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Is Billie hosed re: visa if she doesn’t land somewhere?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Rarity posted:

So loving glad both IIconics are free

Does anyone know about their visa status? It’s so much worse to gently caress with someone’s entire livelihood like that when they’ve sacrificed and probably haven’t been home the entire pandemic

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Seams posted:

He is a dork, whether or not he pays to be on WWE is unconfirmed.

bix confirmed this on BTS

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Supposedly there will be some NXT releases today. Just lol that I already know Velveteen won’t be one of them

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

boxcarhobo posted:

vin diesel got very mad that the rock got his own fast and furious spin off because it went against the family that was the f&f cast or some poo poo, it was all very silly because he's a very silly man

while it was happening i was 100% convinced they were working to build a dumb wrestlemania match or something but nope two grown rear end millionaires actually got butthurt about action movie roles

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Vandar posted:

I'm pretty sure that ended up being a rumor. I'm going to keep pretending it's true though because it's funny.

anything that gets said in a thread in PSP will eventually be re-stated as a fact like 3 months later so let's cut to the chase, it happened

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

its ok, twitter/reddit keep saying that the gimmick was apollo's idea* so its fine

*citation needed

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Vince isn’t taking nearly enough bumps IMO

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

El Generico posted:

Vince won't pass it to either one. He'll sell it to Disney or whatever

Any outcome that results in non McMahon control would please me greatly. Disney is far more likely to figure out how to pander to fans than any of these morons are

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Disney would just sunset the old WWE timeline and start a brand new timeline

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Pylons posted:

Oh my god.

New rule you can only post in this thread while wearing these

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Maybe when he owns WWE I will finally find out who that is

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://streamable.com/yw7mmq

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

$100,000 was what they fined Lars for doing racism

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

reignofevil posted:

It would really be helpful in my quest to make everyone in the world love The Fiend if the people writing this poo poo actually just stuck to one fiend-story with a beginning middle and end instead of getting about partway through almost telling a kinda scary story before rapidly switching to another one with no buildup or effort made to try and make it into a consistent narrative and they just keep doing it over and over.

Don’t worry, things will really ramp up this year when Jokerfied Charlotte teams up with Alexa to take on Fiend and Dark Randy

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/mvg065/i_carved_the_fiend_pipe_out_of_briar_wood/

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MJeff posted:

Goldberg squashing the Fiend loving ruled.

agreed. it was especially good because it came only a few months after the worst match of all time, seth vs fiend at hell in a cell where there was a lot of "wait and see" from fiend fans, and then it all just leads to a fuckin goldberg squash lmao

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2021/04/triple-h-talks-wwe-nxts-move-to-tuesday-shifting-from-imaginary-war/

quote:

“The promotional opportunity for us is much better on a Tuesday and also then not having to have a narrative where it’s just constantly about an imaginary war or this imaginary battle,” Triple H said.

Can't lose an imaginary war :eng101:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

HHH should give him the old “you can work NJPW if you stay, I promise ;)

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Quantum of Phallus posted:

he's getting the bag from WWE

His stuff in a garbage bag hopefully!!!!

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Quantum of Phallus posted:

This happens every time, he’s saying it in public so that he gets paid more by Vince. It’s not that hard to figure out

A better way to handle this would be to create a fake newspaper with the quote in it and left outside of Vince’s office imo

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I’m not giving Daniel Bryan the benefit of the doubt because I’ve heard he is anti labor

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Ad by Khad posted:

isnt that specifically why they tried so desperately to bring Gronk (and Bad Bunny) in lol

:thejoke:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

The disrespectful trash bag guy has been compromised to a permanent end.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Both of the major persons were fired last year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

xbilkis posted:

Maybe they were already letting people go and thought they had an opportunity to score PR points

lol this is 100% what it is