Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Tweak posted:

I dont watch WWE, was this good for anyone who does? Does this open up some sort of booking I dont see that makes sense? Like i thought this was absolute dogshit but Im curious if that’s because I’m not a fan so I dont understand X

what the gently caress is X?

as someone who's watched every loving episode of raw and smackdown for the past 18 months

it's bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
There was no way Edge was gonna win though, they wouldn't be able to build a program around a champion that might fall apart with every bump

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Roman heel turn is legitimately better than 99% of Smackdown, you have Paul Heyman as manager for Christ's sake, and Jey Uso who is a good performer as an enforcer

This is an indictment of the product as a whole

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
she also deep sixed nikki cross with a sister abigail, she's cleared to wrestle now

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
lol i just remembered that the fiend/alexa bliss thing started from the feud between braun strowman and the fiend, and the fiend turned her to get to strowman for the universal championship

strowman threw alexa down to try to kill her and turned heel?

then tried to be king of raw underground and fought with dabba kato i think?

then choo choo motherfucker

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Didn't those concussions happen in 2018? I meant as of 2020, she was cleared to wrestle.

edit: ah i get what you're saying

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

RealFoxy posted:

It started embarrassingly earlier than that, because Alex/Stroman were part of the Mixed Match Challenge, and Stroman's feud with Bray Wyatt had him seeing visions of Alexa Bliss. Nothing makes sense after that.

lol yeah

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Also it owned that Roman Reigns just barged into that Bray Wyatt/Strowman feud, ignored all that kayfabe bullshit and took the belt

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
How about this: an NXT graduate winning the championship at mania on her first try with no build up is gonna make her reign hollow and undeserved

Christ, at least they built bianca up to be this insanely powerful wrestler over the course of several months and she won the rumble

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
because rhea is tall and blonde and speaks english without an accent

edit: i should add, without a non-english speaker accent

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
lol vince is gonna live for another 20 years

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
They didn't even go easy on her either, they threw her down the ramp like a drunk rear end in a top hat on St Patrick's day

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
I'd call her feud with Sasha to be one of the best angles/payoffs in recent memory, the slow burn storybuilding where she gets more and more jealous, people knowing it's coming but not knowing when, and when the snap finally happened it owned hard

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
It felt like Wrestlemania was actually an advertisement for the TV product rather than having proper blowoff matches that ends feuds tbh

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Lazy like a Fox posted:

The PPVs have been like that for ages, and I'm not sure I blame them since they make most of their money on the TV/Streaming deals for the TV shows.

When was the last time WM really felt like a "Season Finale"? When DB won? Even before that it feels like WM was building to TV or Backlash.

That's true, but it just feels like this WM was even more egregious, especially Night 2 main event.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Cesaro vs Reigns with Nakamura protecting against Jey Uso would be a match I'd watch.

edit: i just want reigns being swung around like a fool

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TlptonpGOQ

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
it's a bad song in general

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
the limited one

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
just lmfao if the rumors are true and vince just shelved keith lee because he couldn't handle the concept of an erudite black man

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
Was he gassed in the last few times he was wrestling? I honestly can't remember but I liked how he performed in the ring. He seemed like a proper big stronk

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
This is what I based my assumptions on:

https://www.ringsidenews.com/2020/12/12/vince-mcmahon-doesnt-see-it-in-keith-lee-nobody-will-convince-him-otherwise/

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
maybe vince found out that he's engaged to mia yim

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Quantum of Phallus posted:

He was dead the moment he appeared on Raw. His shite music and the loving singlet. Dead

that's par for the course for nxt call-ups

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
gently caress, if you break down lee's matches like that, looks bad!

can't wait to see what they'll do with rhea!

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

a cyborg mug posted:

Both Keith Lee and Rhea Ripley will be made ninjas

that's not a bad thing, could lead to a tag team championship

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
AFAIK wreddit loves the poo poo out of the fiend, thinks it's innovative

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
lol watching it on DVR, are they seriously doing a Lashley/Riddle feud, not the Cesaro one that's right there

edit: oh i guess he's just being fed to lashley, bye riddle

Kunabomber fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Apr 13, 2021

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Why would it be a poo poo post? Rhea is the second greatest NXT women’s champion after Charlotte and their feud last year was best thing in the women’s division in 2020. Its a money feud that’s already established. And Asuka has been off for the last couple of months so much that even Rhea couldn’t get a good match out of her

i want what you're having

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
poor cedric and shelton, a billion dollar company and they don't even have new gear after being kicked out, squashed by the viking raiders

these guys were tag team champions less than a month ago

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
gently caress, I knew Cesaro was perfect for a championship feud after mania, forgot who it was against because my brain is literal pudding

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
lol charlotte saying "i'm that bitch" when jade cargill said it better

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
lmfao rhea is 100% gassed, announcers don't even know wtf

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
LMAO did rhea actually bounce her face off the mat on that ddt, what a loving shitshow

this match had 42069 botches holy poo poo

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Astro7x posted:

The Raw after Wrestlemania where anything can happen.

What did we get?

Viking Raiders return.
Charlotte return (wasn't she only gone a month?)

uh, that's it? I guess they are not doing any NXT call ups this year to surprise us

i dunno man the LORE OF THE FIEND just got deeper and deeper

deeper and deeper

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
This is like a 3 hour show but i managed to finish it in an hour thanks to DVR fast forwarding, and i feel like i lost nothing except for an hour of my time

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
it looked like bray wyatt is gonna become brother love

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
sorry i was just making a flip remark because he was going crazy with evangelist preacher talk

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
seriously this raw was insane with the amount of botches, i lost it when braun had to sell a lovely neckbreaker

edit: actually looking at it again, it looks like he forgot to sell and then did it well after the fact

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug