Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Whatever they paid Logan Paul would probably cover all these people's salary for the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

My superpower is granny shifting when I should be double clutching

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

That Apollo poo poo is indistinguishable from early 90s WWF.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Maybe Andrade got the money upfront knowing full well that there's a 0% chance Alberto actually makes it to that match.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Shayna Baszler posted:

this is just a way for them to obfuscate the actual evil things the wwe has done when people go to google "wwe evil"

That would certainly explain their new documentary "Backdoor to China: How WWE is Expanding Wrestling to the Middle Kingdom"

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

wrestlers talking about unionization is just the new way to work the marks

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Sheamus should challenge him to a best of 7 and then smoke him 4-0

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Road Dogg preferred the gender binary.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Dad says we're not allowed to play video games, but maybe we can later when he goes to sleep (dies).

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

can't wait to see the pictures. this is where things were at pre-pandemic and things have only gotten much worse since then.

https://twitter.com/PhenominalP3/status/1143693430503170049

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

His gimmick is "The Finest" where he wears fancy clothes and jewelry but acts like a goober.

Back when he was on the Florida house show loop his gimmick was what I can only describe as "opioid addict". He would come out all disheveled and would constantly itch his face. In the ring he would act spaced out and would keep referring to his opponent as his friend and try to hug him. It was weird.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

never forget that canyon cemen hired gzim selmani

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Raskolnikov38 posted:

NUMBER!!!!!!

wait this isn't doomsday econ wtf

*points at the mud* that's where number lives

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Pope Corky the IX posted:

What's so insane is that I don't remember them screwing up this badly and regularly during the dark days of the mid-90s/New Generation when they were hemorrhaging stars and going broke. There were mistakes and poo poo, but nothing on the level of catastrophic gently caress-ups over the last few years.

I think the difference is back then they were truly trying to put out a good product and were doing a bad job of it, whereas today they are making obscene amounts of money from their TV/Peacock deals so their only incentive is to do the bare minimum to meet their contractual obligations.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

What a mark

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Trips is on an unbelievable run of Ls lately. Going from the fruit basket to this lmao.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

D.N. Nation posted:

2019 Crown Jewel
Lowest star: -1 (Brock vs. Cain Velasquez)

Ahahaha I forgot that WWE paid Cain millions of dollars so that Brock could get his win back in a fake fight.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

RealFoxy posted:

So they wanted to tell the story where Kross's manager and IRL wife didn't show up with him on TV because

????????

And despite a year long undefeated streak he loses to a guy who's been on Superstars and losing for a year because

?????????????????

I hope the plan is when she shows up they act like they are meeting for the first time. Really drive home how much NXT doesn't matter.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Yeah her and Mike grifting the poo poo out of WWE and then getting out was so good. They're loving legends for that.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

It's very funny how much WWE's decline has mirrored WCW's, right down to having their own Power Plant that sucked at producing stars because they taught everyone to lift weights instead of wrestle.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Cavauro posted:

They did die.

:rip:

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Saw this post today lol

quote:

Also if Goldberg wins Saturday, he'd be the oldest WWE Champion beating Mr. Mcmahon.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

keithy george posted:

She kneed Naomi in the face and broke her orbital bone.

That poo poo was so nasty. It was completely unprotected. Just a full weight knee drop directly to her eye.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

not true, they remember the attitude era. over and over and over and over and over and over again.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Ganso Bomb posted:

I believe it was the WWE Hall of Fame ceremony

Yeah and iirc it was Hogan that requested he be banned from the venue lol.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

ok this descent into late stage WCW is getting a little too on the nose

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Free Gran Metalik.

The CWC feels like it was a million years ago.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Shine like a…bezel?

It's a conspicuous consumption thing to get a watch with a bezel covered in diamonds.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

https://streamable.com/sy8zvd

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Gavok posted:

Asterisks in my soul.

something something
c*** rh****

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Jackass is in the rumble

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

D.N. Nation posted:

ah, thanks for the color; I always thought Vince just canned him because the show performed so poorly (with the booking Vince wanted).

In other news,

It's incredible that he wasn't already dark purple at this point. Must be working hard on that cardio.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

We're gonna find out an extremely coked up Shane told every single wrestler on the roster they were winning the rumble.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Companies that can hire people who were fans of their products always abuse the hell out of their employees. See also Disney, Activision/Blizzard, the NFL, etc.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Shane and Randy coming out to each other's theme with no explanation or follow-up would have been hilarious.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

S1 of Southpaw is the best thing but WWE gets no credit for that because iirc management had little to nothing to do with it and everyone involved is gone from the company now except Cena who is mostly gone anyway.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Wendy Who?

Ham Sandwich?

Wendy Choo???

And then it ends.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

:gonk:

What the fuuuck....did he try to roll through that instead of taking a face bump???

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

This is so delusional lmao what does this person think is any different this time? There's always been young wrestlers on the main roster and there's always been talent waiting in NXT. It doesn't matter. Vince only cares about ~5 people and nobody else matters. Nobody else us being built up. It's literally always been that way except maybe a few of the attitude era years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

NienNunb posted:

Madcap Moss

you may not like it but this is the future of professional wrestling