Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Rhea and Asuka just never kicked into gear. They've both had better matches and are both really good, but sometimes stuff doesn't click. It was fine, just a little disappointing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

LionYeti posted:

So I've downloaded both nights of NXT Stand and Deliver, besides WALTER v Ciampa anything else worth watching on those?

Men's tag match, the gauntlet match

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

They just did a draft. It's too early for another one.

Cesaro vs. Roman seems like the only way to go. Dunno what you do with Edge and Bryan though.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Bad finishes tend to overshadow good stuff throughout the match. Like the match was really good, and Bryan was great in it, but the finish just sours everything.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Rhea has never really been bad. Even when she was green she was okay. So not sure what's up with the last couple of matches. Maybe she and Asuka just have zero chemistry, which happens.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

CarlCX posted:

so the very first appearance of the brand new heel hoss NXT women's champion is immediately undercut by a feelgood pride moment where she poses with the new biggest face champion in the WWE

It kinda seemed like Raquel is a face now. She didn't give a very heelish promo, and has two heels in Franky and Mercedes gunning for her now.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol the Seth one is actually good

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Please IIconics go to AEW

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

DarkstarIV posted:

Please do not post incomplete results. You forgot to mention them replaying the UFO spot from Rollins/Cesaro at WM like 22 times in the span of two hours.

It would've been a better show if it was just the UFO replayed and Bianca's promo.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

An important thread on the latest advances in Fiend science.

https://twitter.com/BossMoz/status/1383855737491787777

I can't get enough LORE OF THE FIEND

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Please do not besmirch cool Kyle

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Kunabomber posted:

is it wrong to say that i still tune in for seth matches because i think seth is a legit good wrestler :(

Nah his matches are still good. I think his character is coming around now too.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I’d pop huge if The Demon threw the Fiend into a box-like structure, never to be seen again

What about a coffin like structure?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Lore of Akuma (Akuma means Fiend)

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I hope it was Kevin Dunn

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Lore of Aleister Black

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Sorry but saying that they made a mistake tying Candice to Johnny shows your massive bias. The Way is genuinely super entertaining and it's helped reinvent both of their characters when they were getting stale.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Raw is loving dreadful and the only enjoyment I get is THE LORE OF THE FIEND/ALEXA and MACE and T-BAR

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

NXT is still good overall, but they have a few people who are blah as people or wrestlers or both like Kross. It's still overall a fun show, but isn't as consistent like it used to be.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

TV Zombie posted:

I thought Indi was into Dexter.

She was mad because earlier in the show, flowers were sent to Shotzi and Ember and they said they were from Dexter, but it was clearly Candice and Johnny trying to break them apart. So she was mad at him.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

SonicRulez posted:

NXT UK isn't canon and none of those people are real.

WALTER gracing the USA with his presence once every couple of years shows its real, otherwise he would be a mythological figure on par with Greek gods.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

They've been building up Cesaro vs. Roman and I think what happened after the match was effective in that.

But this storyline absolutely hinges on Cesaro beating Roman. If he doesn't, this will be a complete waste.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Kunabomber posted:

so it'll be a waste

Yeah probably.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

It was hilarious last night to see McAfee was actually standing up and pacing because he was genuinely excited by seeing a good match, and then a while later you saw Cole standing up too but you knew it was fake.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Raskolnikov38 posted:

ratings are down and what we need for our bloated roster that we dont even use is a woman whose gimmick is that she is a terrible wrestler, hates wrestling, and doesn't want to do it

That gimmick owned though, and is perfect for WWE now because the audience can join in in not watching her

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

graph posted:

'hey your rose stinks lets have a match'
'ok but if i win im going to shove it up your rear end'

No no no

Garza said

"Shove it up your aaaaaaaaaassssssssss"

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Raw and Smackdown are killing the women's division on those shows. They don't give them time or good storylines. Instead of giving Bianca, Bayley, and Sasha at least a half hour or 45 minutes, they get like 20 total. Raw is even worse in that all the time goes to Charlotte, Nia, and Shayna. Nia and Shayna are also killing the division in being featured on both shows in stale feuds that they never lose for some reason. Shayna is good but is totally wasted by Nia's dead weight and this go nowhere tag team.

NXT still does well by the women, giving them time and storylines and matches across the show.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

JUNGLE BOY posted:

They should just start playing episodes of Night Court and see how long it takes for anyone to find out

I would watch Night Court though

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I didn't think Blood and Guts was that great, but I don't see how the opinion of it setting anything back holds water. How did it set things back? I guess maybe they'd complain about the violence, and I'm not a big fan of blading, but every so often it's effective and helps elevate a match or scene. I think it was appropriate for the match and the story they were telling.

But I mean, WWE just had a match in the last year where supposedly someone had their eye gouged out and that was way way way way worse in terms of fake violence and setting things back.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Benne posted:

Oh and Sheamus probably just ended another man's career

https://twitter.com/WrestlingGary/status/1391930241057267712

That's not really on Sheamus. Humberto doesn't land right and what else is Sheamus supposed to do? He takes the bump like he should.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

skaboomizzy posted:

Maybe someone who's trained can tell me otherwise but that seems like a real loving dumb spot that there's no way to do safely, especially with someone as big as Sheamus.

It's a dumb spot, yeah. If you do it, you don't do it in one motion and make sure you're underneath before going through. You also shouldn't do it in front of the announce table where you barely have any room to fall backwards.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Kross is boring as hell and there are a bunch of way better guys to have in his spot. Someone show Scarlett to Vince so he can call them both up then forget about Kross in a month.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Nattie is also pretty inconsistent where her matches can vary from pretty good to meh. She also hasn't ever found a character that has worked for her. The best character she probably has was when she was with Kidd and Cesaro.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

TV Zombie posted:

Io and Candace should definitely be promoted. It's a shame they haven't been called up yet.

Candice looks like she's having a good time in NXT and she's pretty successful, so it's probably best she's there instead of being called up for 2 minute matches. Same with Io who would probably team with then fight then team with Asuka over and over again.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Digital Jedi posted:

Was that the match Kairi was injured in and Becky rolled her under the ring?

Yeah. Proving again without a doubt that Becky is better than Charlotte.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

flatluigi posted:

does the woman who was in the group still exist and wrestle somewhere on wwe programming? is she still under whatever dumb name they had for her or did she get memory holed

Mia Yim hasn't been seen in a while, so is probably hanging out with Keith Lee until Vince remembers them

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Germansimp posted:

So, um, wasn't Morrison also devoured by zombies, or at the very least gang-attacked by them? How is he alive without any visible injuries? If he is back with no injuries this probably guarantees that Miz will be back next week in some lovely 'infected' make-up.

Morrison was just pulled under the barricade, so he wasn't devoured on screen. It's easy enough to say he got away. But Miz is dead in kayfabe so rip

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Maybe that's his day job.

InDex is a fun pairing. I like just making him a weirdo.

Good show this week. Bronson is awesome so glad he has a belt

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

SonicRulez posted:

I have no idea what the culmination of Indi/Lumis looks like, but it's very fun to watch in Streamable bites through this thread.

I can't find anything else on the show that seems even remotely engaging though. Sheesh.

Get hosed Wuertz.

NXT was really good last night. Bunch of good matches, funny moments, and Bronson Reed winning a title owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Raw had a couple good matches this week, but they just don't lead anywhere. Smackdown is also the same. But the few good matches don't make up for all the rest of crap in the shows.

NXT has more hits than misses from week to week, and the matches do end up meaning something.