Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

drrockso20 posted:

There's a reason when a women's match comes on 9 times out of 10 I'll use that time to go take a bathroom break or go fetch a snack or something, ignoring the existence of their matches as anything beyond background noise is just better for my mental health

It's a shame too cause it was the Women's Division that helped catch my attention when I first got into Wrestling back in late 2015/early 2016(I forget exactly when), at the time it seemed so exciting seeing the sheer athleticism they had and the soap opera drama was actually interesting when you were seeing it for the first time before you eventually realized that even by Professional Wrestling standards the writing for the women is extremely one note and repetitive

It's drat near criminal because a few years back NXT had an amazing women's division that put on extremely good matches, had insanely over wrestlers like Kairi Sane... and then the WWE plundered them and wasted most of that talent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Gavok posted:

"Why would I read the manual, Paul?!"

Two minutes into the setup process Brock is beetroot red, sweating like a decorative fountain and gasping for air.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

MJeff posted:

Becky knew Kairi was injured and was trying really hard to protect her and there was a point shortly after that power bomb where she and Asuka talked to each other and pretty clearly decided "dude, we've gotta go to the finish."

Charlotte goes past her being too stupid to tell there was an injury or just Gotta Get My poo poo In because of that slap. That's pretty clear malice, right there.

That match was the moment I lost any and all respect for Charlotte, and why I will never have any for her again barring some kind of miraculous and dramatic actions.

I would probably also have lost respect for the WWE for not punishing her, but it's hard to lose what you don't have.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

If it was a garbage bag, I'd suspect this was Triple H's unnamed lackey taking a recent budget cut victim their stuff.

But since it's a gym bag it can't be that, they don't treat former workers with that much resepct.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

That is what happens when you get too much WWE, apparently.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

MJeff posted:

I dunno. I find the idea that the Pensecola cops have a hard on for this guy more plausible than the idea that he was fall over drunk and didn't just call an Uber or his wife.

I mean I get it. The idea that someone would drive while blind drunk and risk their own life and the lives of everyone else on the round is hard to believe, because most of us aren't that selfish and inconsiderate.

But it still happens all the time, and it doesn't need to be a cop conspiracy. Especially not when the same dude keeps doing it over and over again.

gently caress all drunk drivers.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

MJeff posted:

That's the thing, though. The pattern here is shaky as gently caress, the last one basically got punted to Jupiter the second it saw the inside of a court room.

After some digging the 2019 arrest led to a not guilty because Uso never took a field sobriety test for whatever reason. It could be because he wasn't actually drunk so the cops didn't want him to take one and prove that, it could be because the cop hosed up or a bunch of other reasons.

Noted lovely rag TMZ have the dash cam footage from his arrest and while of course it's hard to say anything conclusive, he DOES seem to be wasted and driving like it.

Of couse it's impossible to say for sure what actually happened but it SEEMS less like "cops doing cop things to people of colour, jury calling them out on it for once" and more like "cop fucks up procedure, loses conviction as a result".

https://www.tmz.com/2019/10/25/jimmy-uso-dui-arrest-video-swerving-wwe-florida/

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

DeepDickPizza posted:

This holier-than-thou, I'm above that, also, I've never had a drink in my life and also maybe he did it because he's cheating on his wife poo poo. Maybe the explanation is the incredibly straightforward alcohol impairs your judgment and the man has a drinking problem. How hard is it to say, "goddamn, this sucks, I hope he gets his poo poo together" without becoming a bunch of freaks calling for the head of a guy who, to the best of my knowledge, is generally well-regarded outside of his drinking problem?

Yeah look at me go, I'm the holier-than-thou freak who dared suggest people who repeatedly drink and drive while completely loving wasted are selfish and inconsiderate.

I hoped I would never show my rear end this thoroughly but here we are.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

KungFu Grip posted:

wrestling always has dumb feuds over silly things. aew had miro feuding over video games and jericho feuding with orange cassidy about orange juice and bubbly, new japan just had a feud over the iron fingers from hell. it happens.

Sure, but unlike ... almost anything ... on WWE TV right now, at least 2/3 of those feuds were fun. I have not seen the NJPW stuff. I'm sure back in the day before Vince went fully senile the WWE also told entertaining stories and put on fun feuds based on silly stuff.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Lol what the gently caress is that awful CGI Roman Reigns? Why is it?!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Jiro Dreams of Push.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

the escape goat posted:

John Cena has absolutely proved with “Cockblockers”, various specials on the “Wired” YouTube channel, and the part of the “Suicide Squad” trailer that starts at 1:44, that he is an absolute DELIGHT who does not give a poo poo about how goofy he may look and is just a plain ol’ weirdo living his best life.

:cool::respek::cool:

Finally another person who liked Cockblockers and liked John Cena in Cockblockers.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Blaise330 posted:

Viking Raiders were nice, Ivar got so many pops out of me. Ah man and that wargames match with Sanity, who have all been released.

Their match with Ricochet and ... that other guy, was also incredibly awesome.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Oh poo poo the protagonist of every 360/PS3 era third person shooter is wrestling now?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Quantum of Phallus posted:

not for long lol

:drat:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Someone should explain to these people that they are also allowed to watch AEW. There's no law preventing it.

Like... just watch it. It's good. Maybe you'll be less miserable.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Alan_Shore posted:

Holy poo poo

Look at those loving belts

Just ugly, soulless, corporate logos

hmm let's compare.

The IWGP World Heavyweight Championship belt

The AEW Heavyweight Championship

The AEW Women's Championship

The TJPW Princess of Princess championship

The AAA Mega Championship

Or, you know, four giant WWE logo recolours is also probably cool and good v:confused:v

C'mon Vince.

E:

Even the god drat Impact title looks better

E2 nope can't let this go.

Look at how the WWE championship USED to look:

This is back when they did personalized belts for champions

Generic but still awesome

Late 1980s belt

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Jul 24, 2021

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Quantum of Phallus posted:

that new IWGP belt looks like garbage

I agree that it's a bit anime but it's still got a lot more style than corporate logo in red or blue.

The old IWGP belt though

And the AJPW Triple Crown

Got dang

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

punchdaily posted:

The thing about the TJPW titles is that they look cheap as poo poo, the absolute least amount of money you can spend on a belt and still have it look presentable - it even looks like they might be secured to the strap with glue. But they have strong, thematic designs so they look cool, so none of that matters. It's wrestling, the whole point is that poo poo only has to LOOK cool.

drat right. I'm not making GBS threads on the TJPW belt, I'm just saying that even a promotion with MUCH MUCH LESS MONEY and resources are out there making cool and inventive belts.

And not corporate logos on velcro.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

jesus WEP posted:

A needle has hit the second cheek

The drum roll from the start of Territorial Pissings but every drum hit is a montage shot of a needle hitting a butt cheek.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm6Iz-I5OmQ

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Benne posted:

Just lol at Nikki and all the nerds who thought this gimmick would get over

It could have, with the right booking. But lol at expecting anything approaching the right booking in the WWE.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Blaise330 posted:

she got pinned by her own finisher

That's how you know it's a good finisher!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Drakkel posted:

How the hell does this billion dollar company not seem to know what the best workouts for wrestlers are?

It's not like "having a billion dollars" gives you insight into anything, you still need to hire people who know about things and... well. That's where the trouble starts.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Roasted Donut posted:

I don't like Bray much as a wrestler and the fiend stuff was loving terrible, but drat that original wyatt family swamp cult run was cool as hell. one of the best entrances/themes ever too. sucks they did him dirty like this

I don't like him much either, but who the gently caress do the WWE have left at this point? They keep trying to push Roman Reigns, but the moment Cena leaves (and that will be sooner rather than later) it's crickets.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Well I mean if anyone would know, it would be the guys making custom wrestling figures, the most inside of all insiders.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Also big ups to the WWE for using an old picture of him where the guy is seriously out of shape, considering he's looking a lot fitter these days.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Intruder posted:

It makes sense they'd use a picture they have ownership of, but they could have at least used his early Funhouse pictures where he was also in much better shape

Sure I'm not saying they had to use that specific picture, but that seriously smacked of WWE being classy as always by getting small digs in while they can.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

They are 100% cutting down to the bone to sell.

Or Vince has gone Turbo Hyper Fighting Senile.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

NutritiousSnack posted:

This is a Khan move, not Vince.

Yeah, that's the "they're selling" option.

And boy howdy Mickie James is taking heat from a bunch of vincels who are still 100% convinced this is just the WWE giving compassionate leave to Bray.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

a.lo posted:

i haven’t seen wwe in a while and all this roster cutting is not wanting me to tune in

You'll miss the 13th rematch of Rey Mysterio vs. That Drink-driving Uso, though...

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

MotU posted:

cant wait til nick khan asks vince if its okay to release shane and vince goes "sure idk who the gently caress that is anyways"

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Codependent Poster posted:

Almost a super hero Nikki A S H is the champ and she came from NXT!

Nikki A S H (almost a superhero), the former champion of NXT A A P (almost a promotion)

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

IIWTAIWI

What the hell is that, the name of Jeff Jarrett's new promotion?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Nick Jr. Face posted:

If HHH started his own promotion what would he call it? Sledgehammer Championship Wrestling?

Well first there was WWE. Then there was NXT. So this would be the third attempt. Or, Third Wrestling Reich.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

When they showed that rooftop set on Wrestlecrap, my immediate thought was that you couldn't pay me enough to get tossed onto the lower level. It looks very much like that crash mat is very close to the edge of the actual roof, and the barrier isn't much higher than the pad itself. Would I want to get thrown there at speed by some dude with zero safety training, especially knowing the WWE probably didn't give a flying rat's rear end about safety either?

Nope!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

A talking coyote posted:

He’s not actually throwing them though? Mysterio and Black are doing all the work. He’s just moving them toward the wall and they jump flip over it. You know, like all flips in wrestling.

The selling was so amazing I was 100% fooled.

No but seriously the point still stands. Look at that landing pad, it's almost level with the edge barrier. I would not want to do a horizontal landing on that thing because it feels like there's a very real danger of sliding or skipping off and then going over the edge.

And I have zero faith in the WWE doing any kind of proper safety work beyond that, because... the WWE.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

blunt posted:

Dude, that roof is massive.

Indeed, but surprisingly "thing massive" doesn't make "at the edge of the thing" safer. It looks like the crash pad is quite close to the edge of the building that's to the bottom of this picture.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Gumball Gumption posted:

Don't work for WWE and do "stunts". The track record is not great

This guy gets it. The company that decided to save pennies on safety equipment and got Owen Hart killed isn't a company I'll trust with my life.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Reading Jon Moxley's Wikipedia article is a trip.

quote:

He decided to leave WWE after Vince McMahon made him give a promo on Raw where his character would get inoculated from various diseases out of fear of catching a virus from the fans. Good felt after this segment that his character was irreparably damaged. He left WWE citing the cause as mental and emotional exhaustion after six years of explaining to McMahon how his ideas for Good's character were "stupid". Due to McMahon's control over the company, Good had to follow McMahon's writing, which left him unhappy. Good came to dread promos, which were previously his favorite part of performing as a wrestler, to the point of feeling physically ill. His experience was corroborated by both Jericho and various anonymous WWE wrestlers and staff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Boy the WWE just sounds like an awesome place to work. It truly is a wonder they're putting out such poo poo product with conditions like these!