Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

DarkstarIV posted:

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1388269504082366467?s=20

I cannot imagine a match I care about less than this one tonight.

Ziggler's face is hilarious in this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Just heard about Aleister's release because he suddenly showed up on Thea's stream (which I thought was abandoned)

I guess I should stop calling him Aleister and start calling him Tommy End again

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Finally it would be acceptable for me to say Botcha Stanks, but apparently she doesn't even botch much anymore? It's not fair :negative:

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

the only thing i really know about canyon cemen is that he was the punchline to Enzo Amore's list of character names

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

that Lily spot is the best finish i've ever freakin seen

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I'm happy for Big E, I hope he gets a long reign. I won't watch any of it though.

Speaking of things I won't watch, am I understanding it correctly that there are now two evil dolls?

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

zetamind2000 posted:

Lex's look of confusion really sells the whole thing

iirc lex was the only one who reacted in a way that made sense, the other members of the team just started celebrating even though they couldn't see the inside of Taker's coat. Lex took the time to check wtf was going on before throwing his arms up

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Hirez posted:

yea but the goon phil helmuth; whatever his name was, (fragmaster maybe?)

Bill Filmaff was Fragmaster, yeah. He actually did a wrestling-style entrance in one of those videos and his music was himself rapping over, I think, the British National Anthem.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Who was it that was fired/quit so one of the AKI games gave their entire moveset to someone else? I think it was a really funny combination, like Spike Dudley had the Big Show's moveset or something.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

^ Personally I think it's good not to have explosive bones

mooseinfants posted:

I think she challenged Sonya once a few weeks ago actually and Sonya turned it down, only to now change her mind for no reason. There should have been a segment where Naomi provoked Sonya into physical action. I know it sounds lame and typical but even something like Naomi slapping Sonya would have been a better reason for Sonya to change her mind about wrestling Naomi than nothing at all.

Naomi should have a Stone Cold gimmick where she hits people with The Rear View out of nowhere!

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I'm not wishing for anyone to get fired but I'm very entertained by the thought of Nick Khan seeing the head2head demographic ratings, checking how much Roman and (especially) Lesnar are paid, and a smash cut to Vince doing his gulp.gif

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

John Romero posted:

someone got me tickets to smack down next month for my birthday. I haven’t watched anything wwe since probably wrestlemania. who is even on smack down. is anything there good?

the indie shows haven’t really come back to ct yet like they were before Covid and no chance aew can get in an arena here

I don't know who actually is on Smackdown due to not watching + they just did a draft. WWE has a stacked roster so I'm sure some of them are good. I think Nakamura and Cesaro are Smackdown?

The plus side is that being there live means you won't deal with the nauseating camera work or miserable commentary, so I hope you have fun :) Happy Birthday!

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

That DICK! posted:

i never gave a crap about him. come to think of it, i never gave much of a crap about any of you

well i like you anyway so deal with it

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Lid posted:

https://sliders.fandom.com/wiki/Requiem

"The last time they saw each other, Wade was being taken away to be shipped to a Kromagg breeder camp on another world."

this says she ended up becoming a floating head and got to blow up the bad guys tho

it doesn't say gang rape

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I don’t know if this clip is from tonight or not, but it made me lol. I hope it makes you lol too.

https://twitter.com/sashasglowing/status/1460411306654138373?s=21z

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

The only thing i heard about is that Becky's ring gear showed her butt a lot. Did anything else happen? Seeing a lot of posts on this page about an egg but I'm not sure if it's a running joke....?

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

lmao did this factor into anything or did Vince seriously just have an expensive egg and made everyone OOOH and AAHHH over it on TV

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

The egg is in The Rocks new movie. The Rock did not appear on the show

I feel like this doesn't explain anything!

Is Vince holding the egg hostage and The Rock has to appear in WWE to get it back? Did Vince steal it off the movie set and these are his demands?

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Renaissance Spam posted:

I went into the vignette expecting it to be extremely vague about who "Daddy" was, but it's pretty explicit it's her actual father who spoils her.

That being said they're totally gonna have Grimes become her sugar daddy because there's no way WWE is going to have any class.

as the divide between the haves and have nots grows ever wider, sugar daddies will be more and more of a thing. so its funny you would mention class :cheeky:

this is actually WWE being ahead of the curve for the first time in its history

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I would rather that KO be somewhere he can put on good matches and entertain me but I can't blame him if he's happy where he is, or wants a bigger paycheck. I hope he's getting paid really well!

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

First Canyon Cemen, now Sarah Cummins. WWE is destroying every funny name they have :negative:

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Astro7x posted:

She has to be in the next round of cuts for sure.... give people a poo poo gimmick, and then when it doesn't get over they fire them.

wearing pajamas and taking naps are both awesome, if this gimmick is poo poo its because the company is poo poo :colbert:

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

beggar posted:

I whitefaced as Crow Sting one year on Halloween and got paint all over my dads leather jacket. I could tell he was pissed but he didn't lose his cool.

someone should half-whiteface as roddy piper and really get a conversation going. really make people think.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

im pretty sure chris sabin had stupid hair, unless that was his tag partner

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

i had no idea otis and gable had history. i knew gable trained for the olympics and i thought otis was just a funny fat guy that they made serious and less fun.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Wrestling Snorlax is a great gimmick and I wish it was being done somewhere else, where it could be done well, and I would watch it.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Drakkel posted:

You should look up the match between Orange Cassidy and Gentleman Jervis then
Big fan of this match, naturally :D OC getting rocked to sleep is such a great spot. And him rolling over at the most inconvenient time, so Jervis can't get the pinfall. As usual with silly matches, the fact that the crowd plays along makes it so much better.

Dimebags Brain posted:

ACH and Cedric Alexander had a match on an indie during some Wrestlemania weekend where they were both super hungover and had a no-loud noises match which I feel fits into that realm of thought

I've never heard of this, I need to check it out! The idea alone is really good. I immediately imagined that I chop you, the crowd yells "WOOOO!" and we both fall over clutching our heads, while I moan to the ref that he needs to DQ the entire crowd, and you dry heave in the corner.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Gavok posted:

Chikara had their own version of that for a while. There was a tag team called NRG that was basically just High Energy with the joke that one tag member (Race Jaxon) got a good night sleep the night before while his partner (Hype Rockwell) was the one driving them to the city of the venue. So Race would be all pumped up and ready while Hype would be falling asleep on the ring apron.

The payoff was that retired wrestler Vin Gerard had started his own brand of energy drink, so Hype took it during a match and pepped up enough for them to win. After that, they just became High Energy.

That's cool too. None of these replies really feature a huge fat guy (or gal) that beats you up for interrupting their sleep though.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

can't believe people aren't excited for The Savior of Misbehavior to lace up the boots again

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

what tje gently caress is poundstretcher

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

oh ok like the british pound

it made me think of aaron solo asking HOOK to stretch him. pound and stretch me, if you can.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

TheKingslayer posted:

It was incredible how fast Rose/Kruger went full tilt rear end in a top hat and killed all the good will he had with fans.

What did he do? I just remember he got fired, then everyone found out his child had the worst medical problem ever (not hyperbole, it was something crazy like 'his baby was born inside out') and then I don't remember hearing anything else till he showed up roided as hell

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

Domestic violence, then sold a shirt on PWT with his mugshot

wooooooof hahaahahahaha this is goin bad

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Should have used the ministry them imo

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I've often heard that Murphy started imitating Omega, which hey there are many worse wrestlers to imitate. Almost all of them are worse.

But I think I might actually like Murphy's knees in this match more than most V-triggers :stare:

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

this would be great for a :sickos: style image

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

:( :sigh:

Hey wasn't it last year that Alexa was going to Transform Into Mumm-Ra The Ever Living but someone tossed her out before she could? Maybe this year she can have a mental breakdown from her therapy sessions and just eliminate herself immediately, instead. Possibly while holding a loving doll or, I dunno, a rattle or some bullshit.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

lmfao

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Just like with KO, I'm glad Sami is getting lots of money. He's good and I'd like to see him again, but I don't watch WWE unless a funny clip gets posted here, so he's effectively just retired to me. Doesn't seem worth caring about beyond that, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I know everyone hates Enzo for very good reasons but that won't stop me from laughing about the story where they told him to come up with 50 names and not to use the initials E.A. so he gave them 49 E.A. names and the last name was Canyon Cemen