Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Jey Uso at this point is like Barney being thrown out of Moe's tavern.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Apr 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Wazzu posted:

I over waiting for someone to work out that you beat Roman by having a friend take out Jey.

WWE heat and cheating sucks when it's the same thing every time.

https://twitter.com/LanceStorm/status/1381458676624486401

I realized that I meant Jey instead of Jimmy because I had been thinking Jimmy has to be back at some point.

But yeah Jey seems to get little to no comeuppance. Sure you can punch him in the face or pin him in a match but he is going to show up again anyway to outsmart the faces.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Box like structure. Good grief

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

It really felt like Asuka and Ripley had no chemistry. They are definitely capable of better, sometimes two perfectly fine wrestlers just don't gel.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Kunabomber posted:

is it wrong to say that i still tune in for seth matches because i think seth is a legit good wrestler :(

Rollins is a dweeb but the character seems to be leaning into it a bit. He is a perfectly fine wrestle guy who can give a solid match against most people.

The Rey Mysterio eye angle sucked though.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Kunabomber posted:

I dunno, I kinda forgot about the eye when they started to do a love story between a 32 year old wrestler and a 19 year old girl

That's fair, the angle turned from stupid to really, really sleazy (and stupid) in an instant.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Wolfe and Clemons will be fine and hopefully land on their feet rather quickly if the WWE doesn't quietly bring them back.

FrozenPhoenix71 posted:

This has been a solid 24 hours for Bronson Reed tbh.

I am glad, he seems like a pretty stand up dude and good in the ring.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Kind of a shame Duke couldn't put it together as an in-ring performer. Sometimes it just happens.

Someone is going to pick up E.J. Nduka though.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

maybe getting hit by a light tube will knock some sense into him

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

In a vacuum, I don't find Karrion Kross terrible but knowing he's a chud makes it hard to get into him. It seems relatively common knowledge and may be one reason why he hasn't connected, same with Raquel Gonzalez.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

The problem is that Paige was watching a Jim Carrey movie :v:

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Andrast posted:

Can larger mysterio actually wrestle?

He's perfectly fine though his frog splash isn't very impactful. Dude really needs to work on his charisma though.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Lana is a perfectly good manager who could talk, I may think she ends up in AEW to manage a few unaffiliated wrestlers that need a mouthpiece. Miro though doesn't need a manager at this point.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

skaboomizzy posted:

Braun is gonna be doing a speedrun to get a SAG-AFTRA card.

I think Braun could end up in movies or on television in some fashion eventually.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Pylons posted:

I have no trouble believing that Tommy and Mox could come out of the same environment with completely differing takes because the way they were treated there was likely very different too.

Mox's problem was that Vince felt he knew how to write Ambrose better than anyone, including Mox. So it lead to a lot of arguing back and forth about Ambrose doing this or that (and usually Vince wanted something stupid) that made Mox get physically sick whenever he went into work.

Tommy's problem is that, not only did he write up this giant year-long arc for his character in a company that is absolutely incapable of doing long-term storytelling, Vince also didn't 'get' his character. There was nothing for him to tweak, no sense of ownership for Vince. So there was no arguing back and forth, there was just no clue what to do with him.

I imagine face to face it was in one ear and out the other with Vince, who'd just tell Tommy that he loved the ideas he had. As soon as Tommy left and was well out of earshot, most likely Vince turned to one of his yes men and likely said 'I don't get it, pal!'

Mox got deprogrammed pretty fast, so did Andrade and Tucker.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Chinook posted:

but why is it 'off the table' for now? did something happen that doesn't allow him to speak openly? what did i miss here

I am a bit worried that something came up on an examination to clear him and it's not good. I am hoping I'm wrong!

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Reginald is a really good athlete but man being stuck being a comedy character in the women's division is unfortunate and sometimes uncomfortable. Unless you're Vince McMahon then it's good poo poo, pal.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

sportsgenius86 posted:

She has a brother with autism so I’m not surprised she’s gone full Jenny McCarthy

I wonder where we would be if that horrible piece of human filth Jim Carrey kept his chud rear end mouth shut.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

The wrong hyperactive comedian that got popular thanks to a sketch comedy show died in the 1990s.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Brutus and Julius Creed actually sounds kinda cool, the NXT name generator finally hit a good name.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Now those names seem less cool if you think of them as a dig.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Ripley, Niven, and even Asuka did and said some dumb things when they were younger, and slowly but surely they seem to be doing better at least on a personal level.

Sasha Banks, though, yikes. What in the world happened to her?

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

D.N. Nation posted:

Yeah that could be a cool long-term storyline but more likely Lashley'll beat him in 7 minutes and it'll be back to goofy New Day stuff.

I kinda feel like they're heading towards a Kofi turn

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

rotinaj posted:

book good storylines and treat their talent with respect, while also not talking down to or insulting the audience

and while I'm asking for impossible things, fire kevin dunn so the camera shots stop being terrible

Pretty much this, tried and true would likely help.

Of course, this means Vince McMahon's going to have to step down, and, welp.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

It was obvious the crowd enjoyed the turn, and, hell, so did I. Give Dakota all the belts.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

The Big Boss Man was so good, he should have been a world champ or at least Intercontinental Champ

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Sydney Bottocks posted:

IIRC, she's married to and has at least 1 kid with Nick Aldis, and they're both working for Billy Corgan's NWA

So yea, I don't blame her for getting an actual payday

didn't they end up firing the person who sent her stuff in a bag shortly after it got out? I imagine that, as well as cutting her a nice check for the night, helped sway her to come back at least for the night.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

It's Vince.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

flatluigi posted:

so realtalk would brock have come out at 30 if he had won his title match

it's a very picky thing about one of the worst wrestleshows i've seen but still that doesn't even make sense

Possibly, I had wondered if they were building to a WWE Champion vs. Universal Champion unification match at WrestleMania though apparently the networks want their own champions.

If Reigns loses to Rollins, I think Reigns would have won the Rumble if Lesnar beat Lashley

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Cavauro posted:

who's your favorite wwf jobber of all times. i liked "Super" Mario Mancini

if johnny rodz can be in the WWE hall of fame, so can Mario Mancini.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Bron should bust out either one of these singlets one of these days.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Johnny Gargantuo would be a cooler name. Have him wrestle on stilts so he looked 11ft tall

I think if Vince was still around, he'd call him Johnny Gargamel.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Looking at the results of the Florida State House 38th district race, Drake Wuertz is probably gonna be on his way back. He got beat in a landslide.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Aug 24, 2022

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Jiro posted:

Raquel sucks, is a CHUD and is from my hometown area. Just poo poo all around. Also her ring gear makes her look a little like Tamina.

You figured someone in her position would at least scrub her social media accounts. It's easy to find out if someone's a chud or not these days. Since she seems extremely proud of that she's a chud, it makes her extremely unlikeable.

I think 90% of the reaction to her and Aliyah winning last night was very negative.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Aug 30, 2022

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

DarkstarIV posted:

I mean look at some of Triple H's recent hires. Karrion Kross, Scarlett, and Road Dogg. It's not hard to believe that he doesn't give a poo poo about the optics of those people getting pushed or being put back into positions of power. Raquel, Braun, Kross, Scarlett, and Dogg are all huge MAGA people, if not full on Q-Anon believers.

Wouldn't be all that shocking if Wuertz is quietly rehired at some point. I still think it's inevitable he gets rehired.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Rick posted:

Bray comes out in a scary white rabbit suit. It has red stains that are BLOOD probably. Oh but what is this? Viscera's music hits. A fully covered comes comes out in a white bunny jumper also with blood on it; he's too small to be Viscera but he's still a large man in a scary bloody bunny suit. I would not want to fail to give this man carrots. Behind him ANOTHER smaller masked man in a full bunny suit with scary blood marks on it. Bray and this other masked man seem to be paying him deference. Oh no this is the new Wyatt Family. This is scary as hell. What?? RECORD SCRATCH. They zip down their bunny suits and throw them to the ground. Who are the masked men? Why, it's MO and OSCAR. The lights come up. The music begins to play . Disco lights swirl through. That's right, it's the return of MEN ON A MISSION. Back to challenge the Usos for the universal tag team champions.

hell yeah I'd be down, sucks that the big man himself, Big Daddy V, is dead.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

explosivo posted:

I thought Drew powerslammed that jabroni out of WWE. I saw it with my own eyes!

Edit: Or was that "the year 2021" or something

Edit 2: Oh right, 2020. Jesus these last two years :psyduck:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JAMF-nbmBY

they could have done the exact same thing for the holiday message for 2022 lol

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

zetamind2000 posted:

She's not a superhero and can finally be Nikki NASH

I don't know how that would work, just bring back Kevin Nash to manage her

Bring back the Jackknife powerbomb

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

I feel like the NXT debuts should have been the other way around. I expected Scrypts to be a big angry dude, perfect for Dijak, then Reggie should have shown up and done a bunch of fun flips to Wes Lee, not the other way around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

Wouldn't surprise me if Vince's had influence on booking and storyline stuff over the last few months