Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Hell yeah, thanks Edward Mass this was a great reminder of some awesome old matches, and I'm very happy with the winner :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Thank you for putting this on!!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

thanks ed. Edward.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

This was very fun let's do it again next decade bye

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Okada/Shibata from Sakura Genesis 2017 was the best match last decade, end of thread

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Suplex Liberace posted:

This was very fun let's do it again next decade bye

Why wait? Let's made Mr Mass do it all again for the '90s starting tomorrow.

Because I definitely don't want an excuse to watch 90s All Japan

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Brb voting for that match where Kenta Kobashi gets dumped on his head a lot

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

I would like a 4 pillars bracket then a rest of the world if doing the 90s

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Yeah, a '10s tournament would have to have the qualifier of "No 7-star matches", otherwise it's going to be predictable. I chose the '00s because I felt it was low-key enough to have some interesting match-ups, given what a weird state wrestling was in at the time. I COULD try and do the '90s, but I worry there's too much nostalgia for that time.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

how about a match from the 2010s against a match from the 1990s through the whole tournament, or a tournament featuring both on different sides of the bracket so the winners face off to be the ultimate winner. and then the ultimate winner faces the 2000s winner, and that winner faces the pre-1990 winner of all matches before 1990. And you don't have to do all of this but obviously most of it, starting probably tomorrow or late tonight

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
Why not pick a year where goons nominated MOTYCs and place those in a bracket?

2021 is a little recent, but I'm pretty sure you could pull a list from 2018/2019 and have a hell of a tournament.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Look we all know what we want so let's just come out with it and start the funding to build a time machine and bring Prime Misawa into the present to wrestle Okada. :colbert:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Edward Mass posted:

Yeah, a '10s tournament would have to have the qualifier of "No 7-star matches", otherwise it's going to be predictable. I chose the '00s because I felt it was low-key enough to have some interesting match-ups, given what a weird state wrestling was in at the time. I COULD try and do the '90s, but I worry there's too much nostalgia for that time.

If it's any consolation I have probably more nostalgia for 00s ROH & NOAH as for 90s stuff.

TheJunkyardGod
Sep 19, 2004

Do not taunt the Octopus

SG Bamboo posted:

Okada/Shibata from Sakura Genesis 2017 was the best match last decade, end of thread

Not wrong. Still excited to see everything under it though

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

So which Omega/Okada or Tanahashi/Okada match is going to win?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

edogawa rando posted:

So which Omega/Okada or Tanahashi/Okada match is going to win?

Either Dominion 2017 (the 1-hour Time Limit Draw) or Dominion 2018 (the No Time Limit Best 2-out-of-3 Falls) for Okada and Omega. I think I'd give the nod to 2017 but it would be a close run thing. Okada/Tanahashi at Wrestle Kingdom in 2016 is also right up there, but I'm biased because I got to be there live to see Okada FINALLY best Tanahashi at the Dome and it was everything I dreamed it would be.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

A thing that'd be fun about the 2010s is the first half of the decade I haven't much familiarity with, I'd mostly replaced wrestling with MMA watching. For example the 3rd highest rated match on Cagematch for 2010 is Emi Sakura vs Kaori Yoneyama hair vs hair in JWP which I've never seen but sounds great. 2011 has Kana vs Sara Del Ray in Shimmer. 2012 has a Diamond Ring match between Shingo Takagi & Katsuhiko Nakajima.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I thought about it, and I came to an old idea I had about 10 years ago - determine the best PPV of the '90s. So I'm doing that.