Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SG Bamboo posted:

I like that tiebreaker method.

I don't because Kobashi/Akiyama lost :argh:

But happily ANOTHER Kobashi immediately followed for me to vote for, and it's a great match... but I repeat myself, I already said it was a Kobashi match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
With 64.29% of the vote, Kobashi/Sasaki advances.

OUR NEXT CONTEST...

Kenta Kobashi vs. Minoru Suzuki from Pro Wrestling Noah Great Voyage against Bryan Danielson vs. Takeshi Morishima from ROH Manhattan Mayhem II

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Still repping that Angry Baby all these years later :hmmyes:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Still repping that Angry Baby all these years later :hmmyes:

Suzuki may be angry, but he is definitely not a baby.

And he's more surly and grouchy than angry, to be honest.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Well, fine then, another tie.

Kenta Kobashi vs. Mitsuharu Misawa from AJPW Champion Carnival against Toshiaki Kawada vs. Genichiro Tenryu from AJPW October Giant Series against Kenta Kobashi vs. Minoru Suzuki from Pro Wrestling Noah Great Voyage against Brian Danielson vs. Takeshi Morishima from ROH Manhattan Mayhem II

I hope you know what this means!

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

sending my energy to tenryu to not get cut !!!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

there are 3 to 4 people, a large percentage of the voters, who only vote to continue creating ties. it's destroying the fabric of this tournament. i'm sorry but i had to say it. i'm sorry

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Cavauro posted:

there are 3 to 4 people, a large percentage of the voters, who only vote to continue creating ties. it's destroying the fabric of this tournament. i'm sorry but i had to say it. i'm sorry

Thank you for your bravery

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
With 37.5% of the vote, Kawada/Tenryu advances. BUT! We are still tied. Which means...

Kenta Kobashi vs. Mitsuharu Misawa from Pro Wrestling Noah Navigate for Evolution against Kenta Kobashi vs. Minoru Suzuki from Pro Wrestling Noah Great Voyage against Bryan Danielson vs. Nigel McGuinness from ROH Unified against Bryan Danielson vs. Takeshi Morishima from ROH Manhattan Mayhem II

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jesus, what a bloodbath. My favourite match held in America vs two defences from the greatest title reign of all time. Hmmmm

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
This is what happens when you get too many ties!!!!!

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

we need to rope another poster into vote on the ties!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Two votes for the best match of Kobashi's legendary GHC Title reign? Man. Man. There's no justice in the world.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
With 31.25% of the vote, Danielson/McGuinness advances. BUT WE STILL HAVE A TIE (albeit, a different one)!

Kenta Kobashi vs. Mitsuharu Misawa from Pro Wrestling Noah Navigate for Evolution against Kenta Kobashi vs. Minoru Suzuki from Pro Wrestling Noah Great Voyage

Edward Mass fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Jan 25, 2022

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

:negative:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
With 66.67% of the vote, Kobashi/Misawa advances.

WE HAVE NOW REACHED THE SEMI-FINALS!

Kenta Kobashi vs. Mitsuharu Misawa from Pro Wrestling Noah Navigate for Evolution against Kenta Kobashi vs. Kensuke Sasaki from Pro Wrestling Noah Destiny

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

ffs, Kobashi's 03-05 reign is really coming back to bite me for how incredible it was

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Love that Sasaki match. Obviously love them both but chops galore beats tiger suplex from the ramp to the floor

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I'm a simple man, I see two trees whomping each other's asses in public, I vote for it :hai:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Two hours left to vote, and it's a tie. Of course it's a loving tie, these are two incredible matches from three of the best

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

anybody vote

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

first match to 6 votes wins the next one

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Was going to vote to break the tie but then I remembered I already voted :negative:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Well, well, well. A tie. Seeing as how a 4-way to determine a 2-way would be stupid, we go to tiebreakers. Who gave the best defense of their chosen match?

forkboy84 posted:

Love that Sasaki match. Obviously love them both but chops galore beats tiger suplex from the ramp to the floor

The only person who actually identified their match of choice was forkboy84, so Kobashi/Sasaki advances. THERE ARE NO MORE 5-STAR MATCHES LEFT. Onward to the other semi-final:

Toshiaki Kawada vs. Genichiro Tenryu from AJPW October Giant Series against Bryan Danielson vs. Nigel McGuinness from ROH Unified

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

SG Bamboo posted:

As more and more matches get eliminated it's becoming more and more likely that the finals will be ROH Unified vs one of the matches from Kobashi's GHC reign (most likely Vs Sasaki) and I will be very sad to have to vote against one of them

Fuckin called it

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Edward Mass posted:

The only person who actually identified their match of choice was forkboy84

Well I'm glad you picked the right winner, but I identified BOTH the wrestlers in my match of choice, the two Ents! :colbert:

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Pretty sure I forgot to vote so I should be picking the chop match to advance !

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

ain't nobody gonna tell you how to vote

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Vote for the better match, you dicks.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

edogawa rando posted:

Vote for the better match, you dicks.

I did :smug:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
We love the Tenryu Saves AJPW era All Japan, don't we folks.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

karmicknight posted:

We love the Tenryu Saves AJPW era All Japan, don't we folks.

drat yeah we do

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
With 54.55% of the vote, Kawada/Tenryu advances to the FINAL!

Our two remaining matches are at opposite ends of the spectrum in regards to notoriety. One is from All Japan Pro Wrestling's pit of despair, having just lost almost all of its wrestlers to Pro Wrestling Noah. The other...is from Pro Wrestling Noah. One is rated 4 1/2 stars by Dave Meltzer, the other isn't even rated. One has gotten by in the tournament by the skin of their teeth, the other has easily vanquished all in its path.

Toshiaki Kawada vs. Genichiro Tenryu from AJPW October Giant Series against Kenta Kobashi vs. Kensuke Sasaki from Pro Wrestling Noah Destiny

This poll will be open for three days.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

We do love grumpy old Tenryu but sadly we love Kobashi & Sasaki slapping the hell out of each other even more

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Sending tenryu the goat all my votes (one vote)

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
10 months after I opened nominations, we now have a winner. Congratulations to Kenta Kobashi & Kensuke Sasaki for putting on the greatest match of the '00s!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

We had some twists and turns along the way, but I'm happy the right match won in the end

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Edward Mass posted:

10 months after I opened nominations, we now have a winner. Congratulations to Kenta Kobashi & Kensuke Sasaki for putting on the greatest match of the '00s!

It's been fun having an excuse to watch some old poo poo so thanks for doing this.

Fad
Nov 13, 2002

I dont care.
That was fun. Thanks for introducing me to stuff I never seen before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i forgot to vote because i was going to break a dumbass tie if needed. wasn't needed. punish the tyers