Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Good OP imo

https://twitter.com/kbsw_t/status/1314943016344453122

Hippo guy's real twitter account, it's from last year and his last tweet was back in November :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Music video for the full OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKMw0hBDBUw

Might be a spoiler for the show in there, I'm not sure.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Man these cliffhangers are gonna kill me.

That Daimon reveal was tense as hell.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

What's neat about the flashbacks is the latest one happened with the cop brothers and everything is normal, there's a lot of details you can pick up on and it's kinda clear what happened.

Compare it to the two that happened with Odokawa the artstyle is completely different, it's very chaotic looking, barely any detail beyond vague shapes, gonna be honest it's very unnerving.

I love perspective tricks like this.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

An incredible episode.

I had a feeling Shirakawa giving Odakawa the eraser was setting up for something, but I never imagined it was setting up for this.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Forgall posted:

Would love to know where she got it. I don't think she was the one who scammed Tanaka though, if it was 16 years ago she'd be 11 at the time.

11 huh? As in Ditch-11? :thunk:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I was laughing at hippo guy's declaration of war

then he pulled out a knife and started stabbing that picture of Dobu :stare:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Oxxidation posted:

yuki has gotten herself involved in the whole fiasco by helping tanaka (god only knows why, maybe she's his cousin or something). ironically the only member of mystery kiss who hasn't yet been seen conducting shady business is rui

Maybe Tanaka turned to local Yakuza to help get revenge and it turns out the entirety of Mystery Kiss is a Yakuza front.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I was wondering why Tanaka didn't make his move when he got to Odakawa's house last episode and now I know. :stare:

Kung Food posted:

More evidence for the "People being animals is all in Odokawa's head" theory: Dobu is surprised that Odokawa can easily pick people out of a crowd, and Odokawa thinking it's weird that other's can't. Picking out individuals would be pretty easy if they are all different animals, the fact that this is hard for everyone else means they don't see the same as Odokawa.

It also came up with Goriki last episode too, he was able to see that it was Shirakawa talking to Dobu in a dark alley, at night, while driving his taxi.

Wark Say posted:

Kakihana is legit too loving stupid to live. Like unless the Yakuza group goes down before him, he's thoroughly pooched.

In an easy to miss moment in the preview because of Crunchyroll's player.

the very last shot of the preview is Kakihana's bloody body being carried off on someone's shoulder, it seems like the dude's time has come

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Quick shop about all I could think about it

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

LostRook posted:

Help, I'm stuck on episode 5. Watching a date where one person spends the entire thing on the phone is killing me.

My favorite part of this is how fast Shiho's interest vanished anytime Kakihana downplayed how rich he is.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I feel like Odakawa telling Dobu that Kakihana is better off dead wasn't a bluff.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Kung Food posted:

I am guessing he was thinking the power of twue wuv was going to triumph when he revealed, after the wedding he couldn't afford, that he was a janitor living in poverty.

Judging by today's episode he would somehow ride the lie until the very end.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Cainer posted:

And probably the biggest reveal yet, Capoeira's actualy pretty strong.

Absolutely hooting and hollering when this happened.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Is everything wrapping up next week or do we have one more episode after that?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Oxxidation posted:

if they address those last two points then this show's ending might end up a 10/10, and even if they don't i can't see it dropping below an 8

tanaka's finale was as great as i'd hoped it would be, right from the beginning. his head-turn towards the approaching cab was way too smoothly animated

Agreed on both points, I can't see the show messing up the landing at this point everything seems perfectly setup for the finale.

Gonna need a gif on that head turn

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Shirakawa is a straight up legend

Capoeira ftw

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

AS KNOWN AS

Y A N O

YA KNOOOOW!?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Any idea if it continues after the end? Cause I still haven't gotten used to how everyone looks in the end and I don't know if I can handle a whole movie of it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Crunchyroll is gonna stream the movie

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/1475202439557042193?s=20

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

chiasaur11 posted:

That's what I've read.

Compilation film, but apparently it's going to add more to the ending portion of the series.

It's time to make this a reality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Maera Sior posted:

Dub dropped on Crunchyroll, 2 episodes every Monday. Watched the first episode and it was fine but not the sort of thing I'll be reaching for. Kabasawa's and Kakihana's VAs were the clear stand-outs.

Is the dub script good so far?